Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Subscribers getting cheated cosmetically.

Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    Let's hear them say that before jumping to baseless conclusions

10+ Year Old Account
    was wondering what the cosmetic slot in the auction house was for. i guess this is it. sounds interesting.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Maybe take a breath and calm down? Seriously, you're rambling like a kid having a tantrum. Everybody already pays the subscription, why shouldnt Blizzard offer inconsequential extras for money, its no different than the mounts.

I'd rather get one awesome cosmetic effect than a bunch of stupid new buttons to press.

appearance > gameplay IMHO

and the store helms are awesome, stop picking on them lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have the glyphs, the helms are god awful ugly

Deleted
    They should have added 3 glyphs to the store and not the helms. Would have been fairer to the playerbase.

Not sure how I feel about paying them monthly only to have them spend time/effort creating things, in a company we help pay for, that we once again have to buy for even more money rather than it being an update to the game. Could say the same about expansions but I think I would've drawn the line before a store on top of a subscription game.

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearkite View Post
    Maybe take a breath and calm down? Seriously, you're rambling like a kid having a tantrum. Everybody already pays the subscription, why shouldnt Blizzard offer inconsequential extras for money, its no different than the mounts.

why shouldnt Blizzard offer inconsequential extras for money

There you go

Everybody already pays the subscription

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the glyphs sound pretty cool, whereas I don't like any of the helms. I don't feel cheated. :>

Stop smoking weed, its bad.
    If you want the helm buy it or dont buy it, up to you and to other 7+m ppl. Its a personal choice.
    Also about helms. I play on max camera distance (not game max, but with script), even if i had the helm - i'll never see it. So this item is just to show in orgrimmar.
    Haters gonna hate, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Some of the glyphs sound pretty cool, whereas I don't like any of the helms. I don't feel cheated. :>
    What if they'd spent the effort they put into the helms on updating/refining your next tier set instead? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.

I wouldn't mind the cosmetic items being in the shop at all if they were at least obtainable IN-GAME somehow, even if it took some ungodly amount of time.

Cash shop exclusivity leaves me with a sadness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    What if they'd spent the effort they put into the helms on updating/refining your next tier set instead? I think that's the central part of the issue at least for me.
    Maybe if they make new tier sets I like that can be an issue? :P To be honest, the store helms are easier to get than tier sets, so if I really wanted something for transmog the store might be a better option anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the glyphs are meant to soften the blow of cosmetic items on the cash shop at all, and I don't think that this is a secondary implementation of cosmetic items. It doesn't matter how long the helms took to make, it doesn't matter that they're putting optional cosmetic items up on the cash shop.

The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects.
    It's all irrelevant when compared to subscriber rights, entitlement, and "what we deserve", because paying $15 every month is not related to optional, cosmetic, virtually useless items on a store that you can purchase that give zero advantage and will eventually be recognized as lame, common and unwanted. Same thing with these glyphs (if they were ever put up on the cash shop like you would have preferred), same thing with the mounts (which you can't obtain in-game), same thing with every item that's ever been sold on that shop, aside from the Guardian Cub.

It's unreasonable to be mad about receiving new glyphs and not being able to attain cosmetic gear without purchasing it, and trying to say that one is intended to make up for, or mask the other. That's just nonsense.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    You saying my glyph of the skeleton is bad and my glyph of the unbound water element is too..? Themes fight'in words boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    Considering I'm a monk, and the upcoming Monk Tier set looks pretty awesome, I'd say that they did a damn good job on it, and that their time and effort was indeed well spent on it.

Cause honestly, my view on the tier sets far outweighs yours or anyone else's view on it in regards to how much I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Looks like Blizzard is adding a bunch of useless minor cosmetic glyphs next patch. Real fair to the subscribers compared to helms on the Blizzard store right? How do you guys feel about this? It's definitely the worse of the two, I'd rather have the helms obtainable in-game and these dumb glyphs on the store. Which took longer to make? The glyphs or the helms?

Obviously our subscription is paying for the next raid and virtual realms, but that's beside the point here. The point is we subscribers are getting the lesser of two cosmetic projects. You know and I know Blizzard will bring this point up to defend themselves for example: Bli$$ard - "well to be fair we gave the players cosmetic glyphs as a way to make up for the helms on the blizzard store, so there will be no more debating this." You know they'll say some crap like that when it gets brought up on the official forums next patch. Do the glyphs reeeeeeealy make up for the helms to you?
    I think it's fine. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you place more value on the helms than the glyphs. Blizzard's pricing reflects that.

It also sounds like you feel entitled to whatever Blizzard adds to the game simply by paying a subscription. Why is that exactly?

Oh wow community...

You whine when things get added for extra money.
    And you whine when things get added for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    I think it's fine. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that you place more value on the helms than the glyphs. Blizzard's pricing reflects that.

It also sounds like you feel entitled to whatever Blizzard adds to the game simply by paying a subscription. Why is that exactly?
    Entitlement mentality.