Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

they need to add a LFD system..

see few ppl post on map lfm for ect then other post gw2lfg.com or something on that line.

any developers spoke about adding a Lfg system in near future??

could be set up like the pvp browser don't need to be auto join a instance like wow or other game?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've talked about it some recently(like last 2 weeks recently) and have said the lfg system is in the testing phase. Whether this means it's coming within the next month of events or even next 6 months remains to be seen, however they have said it will be this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one in game but it's terribly clunky so no one uses it. The gw2lfg.com site is very good however, over 5.8 million groups have formed with it in the few short months it's been up. I know it's not what you're looking for but it's what we have for now.

And Wilhelm is correct, Colin stated in a recent interview that they were currently testing it, I expect it very soon
    It's going be pretty comprehensive from what I understand, forming groups for dungeons, WvW, DE's and more.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    that sound good. i guess i would use that site for the mean time.
    Lfg /d system is about the same has going to that website so i don't see what the problem is.
    wait there is 1 in the game atm??? how do i c it lol??

10+ Year Old Account
    It's under your Friends List. Like I said, it's pretty terrible so you won't find anyone listed on it looking.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's under your Friends List. Like I said, it's pretty terrible so you won't find anyone listed on it looking.
    lol i bet if i didnt c it i imagine bunch other ppl who are new or just never notice it/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    lol i bet if i didnt c it i imagine bunch other ppl who are new or just never notice it/
    Current gw2 lfg is kinda like old WoW lfg(didn't used to be a queue, used to be a dropdown menu with comment) as far as menus go, they're very basic in design and yet counterintuitive as far as finding them goes.

Part of me looks forward to a lfg system like most mmos have now, at the same time it's going to start off very elitist. A lfg system will get many people to queue for instances that never ran them before or didn't know about sites online and those people are going to merge with the people that have been doing them for months and don't care to carry the "baddies" because they're new. All you can really hope for if you are one of those people is that they have a damn good boot system inplace to where unless it is clear you a holding the group back there can be no boots throw out, because ya....if not there will be many boots between the first non skippable trash and boss/event that takes some understanding to do.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-07-30 at 01:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Current gw2 lfg is kinda like old WoW lfg(didn't used to be a queue, used to be a dropdown menu with comment) as far as menus go, they're very basic in design and yet counterintuitive as far as finding them goes.

Part of me looks forward to a lfg system like most mmos have now, at the same time it's going to start off very elitist. A lfg system will get many people to queue for instances that never ran them before or didn't know about sites online and those people are going to merge with the people that have been doing them for months and don't care to carry the "baddies" because they're new. All you can really hope for if you are one of those people is that they have a damn good boot system inplace to where unless it is clear you a holding the group back there can be no boots throw out, because ya....if not there will be many boots between the first non skippable trash and boss/event that takes some understanding to do.
    Honestly I really wouldn't like to have the LFG system as it is now in WoW, that is clicking a button and getting into a queue. I think social interactions are important in an MMO, and when you just queue people up like this, you remove those social interactions. A good system in my opinions would be a server wide tool that lets you choose what you want to group for (including which path of a dungeon, which level of a fractal) and puts you into a list. You can browse the current people etc. Basically like the site that has been linked tough I would prefer it to be server specific, but I don't know if that would be enough so maybe multiple servers are necessary.

I just think it's better to get to know people on your server etc. That's just my opinions. Also while we are on dungeons I think they could fix some things like kicking with only 2 people voting and some issues on basically how the game is handling entering the dungeons. I disconected during a boss fight and couldn't join my group and help them for the rest of it because when I logged back I was ported out of the dungeon, and when I re-entered, I was dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    They really do

Explored every zone, got 92% map completion, got all exotic items, just got to the last stage of my personal story just to find out that it requires me to do the dungeon on the final stage when every single other quest has been solo >.<

Deleted
    Big time, the amount of time I have wasted trying to form a group or even find one. Pure annoyance.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't like there to be a LFD system. Being ported into a dungeon with random people would be a nightmare in GW2. I don't mind spending time talking in map chat forming a group, more or less every dungeon I've been into I had a group formed within 5 minutes by asking in map chat or sitting outside the dungeon entrance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill come back in to GW2 when its introduced, for now, its on the back burner, just pop in every now and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I wouldn't like there to be a LFD system. Being ported into a dungeon with random people would be a nightmare in GW2. I don't mind spending time talking in map chat forming a group, more or less every dungeon I've been into I had a group formed within 5 minutes by asking in map chat or sitting outside the dungeon entrance.
    I can pretty much guarantee there won't be any automatic porting to dungeons. Colin actually discussed this a couple months back but I can't go to find it now.
    Valar morghulis

There is automatic dungeon porting now. Did Anet state they are removing the mechanic that already exists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Automatic porting really makes no difference in a game with instant portalling......

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Automatic porting really makes no difference in a game with instant portalling......
    Sure it does, you still have to discover it (or at least, the zone it's in)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Sure it does, you still have to discover it (or at least, the zone it's in)
    Wow, thats 2 minutes out of your day then...changes nothing, its still makes no difference to a game with instant portalling, lets not be pedantic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is automatic dungeon porting now. Did Anet state they are removing the mechanic that already exists?
    Right now 1 person needs to physically enter the dungeon, then everyone else in the party in the same zone gets a popup asking if they want to join the dungeon. That is not changing I'm sure.

I was referring to the WoW type dungeon porting where you queue up and are automatically ported into the dungeon. It won't be like that.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wow, thats 2 minutes out of your day then...changes nothing, its still makes no difference to a game with instant portalling, lets not be pedantic.
    Effectively, no, but portals serve as a (minor) gold sink, and the need to find the dungeon/zone of the dungeon does direct your play, ever so slightly. But realistically, I don't care about direct-to-dungon portalling for a dungeon system.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Right now 1 person needs to physically enter the dungeon, then everyone else in the party in the same zone gets a popup asking if they want to join the dungeon. That is not changing I'm sure.

I was referring to the WoW type dungeon porting where you queue up and are automatically ported into the dungeon. It won't be like that.
    So the concern is completely pointless. As the current mechanic is functionally a dungeon tax.