Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Honestly every MMO on the market today shouldn't hit the shelves without such a tool. I play GW2 and TSW along with the normal WOW and other MMO's and currently cannot play because all I enjoy in MMO's in dungeons and raids. I log into GW2 or TSW spend an hour plus looking for a group, if I do manage to find a group It is even that much better when it falls apart after the 2-3rd boss. So its back to spamming again, at least with a LFG tool this process could be automated and probably take less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So the concern is completely pointless. As the current mechanic is functionally a dungeon tax.
    It's a bit more than that. I'm thinking it will be more like gw2lfg.com where you get your choice on what party to join with, whether they are "COFP1 LEETZ SPEED RUN GOGOGO" or "New group exploring Crucible of Eternity, underlevels welcome".
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-07-30 at 06:46 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    It's a bit more than that. I'm thinking it will be more like gw2lfg.com where you get your choice on what party to join with, whether they are "COFP1 LEETZ SPEED RUN GOGOGO" or "New group exploring Crucible of Eternity, underlevels welcome".
    I mean it is pointless to worry about porting/lack of porting if the present taxation system remains in place. As the group finder tool will be no better or worse for wear due to "omg auto porting ruins community!" or whatever associated nonsense is spouted on the old internets.

Nothing will change, basically. Theoretically, it'll just be less of a pain in the ass to tab to a browser. Such that one finds alt+tab burdensome. Naturally.

People are mixing up porting, with insta group and that with LFG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    People are mixing up porting, with insta group and that with LFG.
    It all came about from someones comment about being auto ported though, he/she highlighted it as a problem, when its not in GW2.

Arena Net has stated they have plan for an LFG tool. By the sounds of it, they have no plans to make it like WoW's which does everything for you(there's no real roles that you can indicate for a grouping algorithm anyways) but there will be something to facilitate grouping.
    In the mean time http://gw2lfg.com/ this website is wonderful, and is likely how GW2's in game LFG will end up working.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Arena Net has stated they have plan for an LFG tool. By the sounds of it,
    Source? Having no roles has nothing to do with autogrouping alogrithms :S

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Source? Having no roles has nothing to do with autogrouping alogrithms :S
    Creating the group based on a set number of tanks, healers and dps, can't really do something along those lines in GW2, or it'd be awkward to at the least.
    And unfortunately I don't have a source on hand, I frequent the official forums and GW2guru and it's been mentioned a few times in interviews and posts over the past several months.
    I found this after a quick google search http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...pdated_gw2dat/ , it's also been said directly by Anet here and there, but I'm too lazy to look it up :P sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Ill come back in to GW2 when its introduced, for now, its on the back burner, just pop in every now and again.
    Same here!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arewn View Post
    Creating the group based on a set number of tanks, healers and dps, can't really do something along those lines in GW2, or it'd be awkward to at the least.
    But you don't need those roles in scenarios so its just like doing that.

I can't find anything from Anet but were are working on a group finder, and tons and tons of conjecture. The datamined stuff, well its datamined, we know that isn't always accurate. If it is only a gw2lfg.com then its embarrasing that its taken 11 months so far to implement the most basic of basics.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-08-01 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Honestly every MMO on the market today shouldn't hit the shelves without such a tool. I play GW2 and TSW along with the normal WOW and other MMO's and currently cannot play because all I enjoy in MMO's in dungeons and raids. I log into GW2 or TSW spend an hour plus looking for a group, if I do manage to find a group It is even that much better when it falls apart after the 2-3rd boss. So its back to spamming again, at least with a LFG tool this process could be automated and probably take less time.
    I agree. Went through the pulling teeth process of trying to LFG spam for dungeons in GW2 for a while. Got a few groups together, tried a few dungeons, they were all wipefests and I never got a group that completed one. After that I kinda quit the game, because it felt like if I couldn't reliably do dungeons, what was the point of playing?

(This is the utopia of life without LFG btw: groups that take an hour to form, wipe endlessly, and break up without finishing the instance.)

Also, have any dungeons ever been re-tuned? When I attempted them a couple months after launch they were completely unforgiving to PUGs and I never got to finish any.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-08-01 at 09:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    I agree. Went through the pulling teeth process of trying to LFG spam for dungeons in GW2 for a while. Got a few groups together, tried a few dungeons, they were all wipefests and I never got a group that completed one. After that I kinda quit the game, because it felt like if I couldn't reliably do dungeons, what was the point of playing?

(This is the utopia of life without LFG btw: groups that take an hour to form, wipe endlessly, and break up without finishing the instance.)

Also, have any dungeons ever been re-tuned? When I attempted them a couple months after launch they were completely unforgiving to PUGs and I never got to finish any.
    The few Ive done have been fairly easy, but I wouldnt particularly call them fun, I think the newer ones are meant to be a massive improvment and the fractals are also meant to be quite a lot of fun too without being too testeing initially and growing in difficulty as you progress through the levels. Once a decent lfg gets implemented I can get involved.

That's interesting.

As long as it works something like the current WvWvW & PvP system, I'd be excited to make a return to this game.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

To the OP.Anet is not working on a whole Looking for Group system.Including PvP,Open world and Dungeons.At least that is what i understood from their replies.
    In my opinion it will be similar to the gw2lfg.com - In that tool you have all the aspects of the game (PvP,dungeons,Open world).
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-08-04 at 01:02 PM.