10+ Year Old Account

Youtube and Adsense

Hey guys, I have some free time and I was thinking about scouring youtube to make compilation videos. I know there are a lot out there but thats besides the point. Now Im not sure if compilation videos can have Adsense on them because its not original content. Thats why I came here for a straight answer. I have one youtube account with game play and cometary that has Adsense enabled and brings in very little. So if I make a mashup video of something will I be able to have Adsense on it?
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Nintendo Friend Code 1049-0261-4082 Pokemon Name - Max

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Hey guys, I have some free time and I was thinking about scouring youtube to make compilation videos. I know there are a lot out there but thats besides the point. Now Im not sure if compilation videos can have Adsense on them because its not original content. Thats why I came here for a straight answer. I have one youtube account with game play and cometary that has Adsense enabled and brings in very little. So if I make a mashup video of something will I be able to have Adsense on it?
    Yes, as long as you abide by the copyright rules of both the videos involved in the mashup in question and the music involved.

Also, the key to making money is in popularity, and if your content does not get a lot of views, then the problem of little AdSense money arrives, and it does not matter the video.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berraant View Post
    Yes, as long as you abide by the copyright rules of both the videos involved in the mashup in question and the music involved.

Also, the key to making money is in popularity, and if your content does not get a lot of views, then the problem of little AdSense money arrives, and it does not matter the video.
    The copyright thing is what I dont understand I guess. Say if I took clips of scooter kids or bmx kids and made a mash up. Does each short clip have a copyright on it? Even if its just some random person that uploaded a video of his friend crashing. Music I understand fine.
    "Let me answer your question with another, How would you feel if you found out you were a potato?"

Deleted
    well.. i do have a simulair problem..

a freind of my from finland is making let's play vids and killshots etc for our guild and other youtubers, and i have made music for his intro's and while he plays, ive emailed youtube about the copyrights etc, that he IS allowed by me to use it and do whatever he want with it, and yet, he is not able to make money of the vids due to its my songs that i gave him..

anyone know what i can do about that?

sorry for hijacking the thread abit :P

It depends on the source of the videos you use.
    If you can be confident as to the original author, AND you either get permission or find statements to the effect that you do not need permission (such as a suitable license) then you should be ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just watched a few fail videos, people falling and messing up and such. All of the had some of the same clips in them, not in the same order and some had different ones then the others. Then I found the original(I think) singular clip on youtube. Uploading it I guess Im fine as the ads I guess Ill see.