Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Most ridiculous thing you have done as a newbie?

Hi, my name is Nicole but i'm better known as Nicki
    I joined wow in early WOTLK when I got bored of playing with barbies..
    It took me a while to get used to Wow but when I did i was instantly obsessed with mounts,
    the Black War Bear was definitely my fav mount & I wanted to get it desperately yet I didn't know how,
    when I found out that you have to kill each major horde faction leaders I was super excited because I loved world pvp
    I remember travelling near Org with my level 80 friends, myself as a level 60 ''pretty twink mage'' as I called myself, with a full lvl 60 pvp gear, the pink/purple one ofcourse, not to mention my shinny enchanted staff and later getting ganked by everyone, thinking to myself, wow I must be popular everyone wanting a piece of me, little did I know that I was undergeared, I thought I was epic.
    Anyway, I managed to organize a raid group, or as I called it, a really large party with my 2 older bestfriends ofcourse more experienced at WoW than me..
    & take off to each major horde city, I had to lie to other that I was on an alt and that I had a main which has done ''For The Alliance'' before..they all believed me-worst raid leader ever hahaha.
    Usually I just stood outside each city again getting owned by guards cause I was eager to see my friends fighting each leader, the only city i actually ventured in while sitting on a 2 seater was Thunderbluff, I actually was able to attack the Tauren Chieftain ofcourse missing half of the time but it was a truly amazing feeling-and as usual all my good things in life are immediately followed by something bad, I was killed by a guard when the Chieftain was on 2% and my WoW crashed. I was devastated but was instantly rejuvenated when i log back in and see the leader dead and my achievement in progress.
    The last leader we killed was the Blood Elf one, team-mates said it would be the easiest so we left it for last, took us about 10 minutes, me again standing outside, my bestfriend PM'ed me telling me the boss is on 10%, I could feel the excitement within me waiting to explode, & so as the gayelf leader died and the achievement popping up on my screen I instantly went into a state where I reflected on all my hard work, getting people to believe me that anything was possible, and actually getting people to do it on a small server (Nagrand) was truly uplifting. I was now officially the coolest lvl 60 ''pretty twink mage'' on the server with my Armored bear, up until when the mounts got account wide..oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Now it's your turn, share the most ridiculous thing you have done as a newbie

BTW this is my first ever post on MMO-Champion, feedback would be nice apologize in advance for any grammar, spelling mistakes & for being really goofy about things like the 'pretty twink mage' ^^ and also for making this so long, theres so much more too it, just didn't want to drag it on for you guys

Much Love, Nicki x

10+ Year Old Account
    played a hunter in my first time in wow. Didn't understand how bows worked so melee up to lv12. Jumped off the edge of teldrassil.
    #boycottchina

I tried to be a caster as a melee class ><

Deleted
    Didn't understand how the default bag worked for quite some time, kept getting the "your bag is full" message, but never knew how to check what was inside it, I was looking for a physical backpack on my character.

Deleted
    I tried to be a caster as a melee class ><

I did the exact same thing while playing a DK for the very first time..

Got bullied into playing wow by my hubby (lol) having no previous PC gaming experience (solitaire doesn't count lol) I logged in after making my character and proceeded to sit there waiting for him to hand me a joystick or pad, he asked me why I wasn't doing anything, and I told him I couldn't do anything till he gave me a joystick.

Needless to say I facepalmed, he laughed at me, told me to use my mouse and keyboard. /embarassed

Ingame I think it was falling off teldrassil and taking hours to work up the courage to ask in general chat how i get back up, I swam around the tree for hours and couldn't see the portal at all.

I never had any gold as a lowbie on my first toon since I hadn't learned how to play the AH, and I was tired of being broke, so I asked an in game friend a good way to make money. "At your level, farm wool cloth, it makes good money."

Off I went to Hillsbrad, killing dozens of mobs and looting them for much wool. I farmed for like six hours.

And like a complete n00b, I vendored it all.

When I figured out how to make the AH work and remembered I had been running around with fifty stacks of wool cloth and I vendored it, I damn near quit the game in shame.

Deleted
    stupidest thing i ever done when i started was believing the people with which i grouped for Ragefire chasm that i was the healer as a mage.
    well this shows i wasnt the only idiot in the group, since they convinced me i was an healing class.

was quite funny since i only could conjure some really bad food which i gave them too eat after every pull.
    ofcourse i also kept asking where too find these elusive healing spells i could cast according too them. they should have been in my resto spec, look and behold i only saw fire/frost and arcane. felt pretty bad and the group didnt go far.

some time later someone pointed out that i couldnt heal, and that my group members were equally foolish as i was.
    after that i became a 'proper' dps, spamming frostbolts as a fire specced mage.

ooh the good times that were ,though sometimes my guildies would say i have kept some of that foolishness too this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably asking in LFD how the other people got these fancy titles I saw everytime I entered a dungeon...

Thing is it wasn't a title, it was the player's realm right after the character's name... Like "Sonridor - Azralon".

Gawd... haha
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

2005 vanilla, I was level 13. Saw a guy in stormwind on a mount, asked where can I get one, he told me silithus.

So began the long walk. It took me 1 week. YES, one week to walk to silithus and then I realized I was being trolled. Quit the game, came back 4 months later and rerolled horde on daggerspine.

Deleted
    Got bullied into playing wow by my hubby (lol) having no previous PC gaming experience (solitaire doesn't count lol) I logged in after making my character and proceeded to sit there waiting for him to hand me a joystick or pad, he asked me why I wasn't doing anything, and I told him I couldn't do anything till he gave me a joystick.

Needless to say I facepalmed, he laughed at me, told me to use my mouse and keyboard. /embarassed

Ingame I think it was falling off teldrassil and taking hours to work up the courage to ask in general chat how i get back up, I swam around the tree for hours and couldn't see the portal at all.
    I remember not knowing how to report a character stuck when falling off teldrassil so i raged quit & deleted my Nelf so I could start over..
    sad times..
    BTW love your avatar so cute! loved that movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickii View Post
    I remember not knowing how to report a character stuck when falling off teldrassil so i raged quit & deleted my Nelf so I could start over..
    sad times..
    BTW love your avatar so cute! loved that movie!
    Hahaha well if I thought I could start over I might have done, but I thought my character was permanent once I had made it at that point It also took me a while to figure out how to type in general chat.

And thank you I love the movie too and Vanellope is <3

Deleted
    Imagine a LFD with 5 Newbies awh god.. endless possibilities.

BTW, seeing some really funny/sad in a way cute stories

Deleted
    I didn't understand tanking (actaully thought it meant a big plate/mail-wearing melee), so tried to twohand a dungeon with a pug (vanilla WoW guess what happened?). Anyway it all went well as it made me a member of the others guild, which I'm in to this day

I also didn't understand english to well at the time, so my armor was a mess with all sorts of stats, and it was broken all times since I didn't know how to repair it

How on earth did I continue to play?
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2013-07-30 at 12:55 AM.

I never used to use my hearthstone because I thought it was a one-time use item, and I had no idea how I'd get one back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know there was an autorun function, so if I was trying to type while running I'd dance around the W key and try not to use any words with W in them.

Also, when I was like level 12 I saw I had a quest sending me to the Sepulcher, but I didn't know where it was. I was in Thunder Bluff at the time, but I figured it must be south (don't even remember why anymore), so I ran south. And south. And south. I ended up in Dustwallow Marsh before I finally asked someone where it was and they told me it was in Eastern Kingdoms. I didn't even know there was a second continent! xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I didn't know there was an autorun function, so if I was trying to type while running I'd dance around the W key and try not to use any words with W in them.

Also, when I was like level 12 I saw I had a quest sending me to the Sepulcher, but I didn't know where it was. I was in Thunder Bluff at the time, but I figured it must be south (don't even remember why anymore), so I ran south. And south. And south. I ended up in Dustwallow Marsh before I finally asked someone where it was and they told me it was in Eastern Kingdoms. I didn't even know there was a second continent! xD
    OH my god sounds heartbreaking hahah!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    I never used to use my hearthstone because I thought it was a one-time use item, and I had no idea how I'd get one back.
    I can relate to this..-.- #demlongwalks ...

So back when I started Everquest (which dates me :| ) I was told it's a lot like D&D but a video game. After happily getting my Dark Elf Rogue up to 10 I spent a good portion of the day trying to figure out how to Multi-class. It was soon after I learned it was nothing like D&D >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    2005 vanilla, I was level 13. Saw a guy in stormwind on a mount, asked where can I get one, he told me silithus.

So began the long walk. It took me 1 week. YES, one week to walk to silithus and then I realized I was being trolled. Quit the game, came back 4 months later and rerolled horde on daggerspine.
    1 week, holly ****! I bet I would of quit aswell..

BC Level 20 or so rogue, bought and used the white daggers from the vendor thinking they were upgrades... not much has changed