Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why are Casuals so insecure?

All I ever see are the casuals complaining about hardcore and how they want to be "unique snowflakes", etc... Why are they so insecure as if making the game what it used to be is a problem and "Blizzard being dumb cuz only a small fraction gets to see content" lol I mean it honestly makes me laugh. Through all of this bickering does anyone who maybe never had the experiences in the game that they wanted to ever contemplated the fact that they could honestly get better?

I mean seriously people can become better at this game, I don't understand why the game has to be so easy and dumbed down now, I'm saying this as a person who started playing in TBC 2008, just before the Sunwell was released. When I hit 70 attunements were removed. That was honestly a bad design in my eyes because it took a really fun experience out of the game, actually having to clear Tier 5 to go to Tier 6, you know? I'm far from a hardcore "elitist" I'm just someone who was really bad that got good. I have videos on youtube to prove how terrible I was at this game, we can laugh together.

I think WoW should remove LFR/Flex AND Heroic. Why? Make it how it used to be man, that shit is just hard. It takes time and effort, we'll finish the content. I mean MoP is already almost over, this is supposed to be the last raid? SoO? Really? And I'm supposed to be excited to buy another expansion, which will probably be the last, because? Game is a JOKE!!

Also I'm only 10/12 Normal mode(just downed Iron Quon or whatever that dude with the three birds, Sunday Night) ToT but it's not hard, just myself and the guild need to improve. I came back late, most of them too... we'll get there, we'll hit SoO hard tho, for sure. I just don't see the point of LFR it's useless, as soon as I started normal mode and never had to do it again, I stopped and wont return. Ever. Well maybe to adjust my UI, while I hold down some probably new players who don't raid normal and experience it because they do LFR.

Well that is until SoO LFR comes out and I needa grab any upgrade I can for next tier... Christ... I used to not raid and play MoP, I was like "YEAH DUDE I'LL JUST DO LFR MAN SO I CAN EXPERIENCE THE CONTENT" and let me tell you when I did and I killed Lei Shen, I was like wow I need to do normals.. That's just me though.. I've played the game for 5 fuckin years tho.

TLDR, Do casuals think they can never get better to do Normals/Hero's and also do they enjoy LFR? I mean for real?

Why are hardcores so insecure? "Why should casuals get to see MY content and wear MY gear?"
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Short answer: No

Long(er) answer: No. I've only ever seen raiders complain that casuals steal everything from them and don't deserve to have LFR and that LFR is a monstrosity. I rarely, if ever see "casuals" complain about raiders getting special treatment or anything. The former happens a lot more, and it's a reason why I hate the majority of raiders and raiding.

Horrible thread title
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same can be said about the Hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people in general care so much about what other people see or do or wear?

Deleted
    I'm not insecure stfu! you're insecure, I'm a good player! I'M A GOOD PLAYER YOU HEAR!? I JUST DON'T HAVE AS MUCH TIME!

*queues for LFR* D:

Casuals don't post on the forums, so who exactly are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    This. Millions of 'casuals' just play the game and don't even know or care about fansites like mmo-champion

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Why do people in general care so much about what other people see or do or wear?
    This is what I ask myself every time I read these threads.

I see it more from the hardcore raidersthat are whining about nerfs, LFR, and people at a lower progression level getting purples. Casuals for the most part don't even go on to the forums. Since, they either don't know about them, or they don't have as strong an opinion about certain aspects of the game.

Deleted
    i find that both sides raise strong points, but my personal opion is rather shattered between the two sides.

yes, im a raider 13/13 hc. i like that i enjoy the challenge of the encounters, do i like the simplerer versions? Not when i downed the encounter on Heroic, cause i expect the harsher requirements.
    does that mean i find LFR a bad thing? no, i actually find it quite a good addition. i know that many of my former guildies stopped raiding for various reasons, and while a majority would actually enjoy hc raiding agian its not in their current situation to do so, nor join another guild for slower progress and do normal. for them too still get a slight feel of the current content LFR is a good mode added. on top of that it allows me too gear up alts and enjoy different roles for certain encounters without having to do raiding on 2 characters.

Do i think Heroic Raiders should get something extra? yes, i think a small reward as a title or mount (or transmog gear, like gold challenge modes) is a good addition.
    it shouldnt be anything major just cosmetic too show you went the extra mile.
    so it shouldnt be things like Legendaries, those should be aviable too everyone who put the effort in it too get it (and not some random lucky drop chance, not a fan of those. doesnt reward effort, just dumb luck). ofcourse i get that people who do LFR should prehaps get the Legendaries slower, considering the relative easy of doing it.
    and HC raiders get it faster due too higher challenge involved. but the easier version shouldnt be locked out, so that the other can feel superior.

Funny thread, because obviously the people who can't stop whining, constantly have issues with game features they don't even use, and would feel better if someone else got something taken away, are the ones who are insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm not insecure stfu! you're insecure, I'm a good player! I'M A GOOD PLAYER YOU HEAR!? I JUST DON'T HAVE AS MUCH TIME!

*queues for LFR* D:
    I'm a world-class snowboarder, but there never snows here so...
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Another rant from an arrogant player too damn short sighted to see exactly what the problem for casuals really is.
    Time commitment, not skill.
    Fixed raid rosters, fixed start times, long duration all factors which play a part in making raiding difficult for people with less convenient circumstances than you.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Why are hardcores so insecure? "Why should casuals get to see MY content and wear MY gear?"
    The Hardcore are the insecure ones here.
    They get upset when someone else gets a watered down version of their experience.
    They get upset when the experience is not unique to them.

Well guess what, your experience is unique.
    LFR does not equal the experience of normal or heroic.
    Otherwise why would you raid in normal or heroic ?

I raid in as high a format as I can meet the requirements for.
    The scheduling requirements for normal are why I cannot raid that.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-30 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    This thought doesn't even go through 'hardcores' minds the way you phrase it. It's just you that is so vain that thinks they're after YOU. Casuals=Self Centered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one who came here to make a long rant about it based on generalizations and assumptions of what a "casual" player is. (I wonder how many who rant about this also cry about how unfair assumed stereotypes of WoW players are.)

I'm a casual player, I play what and how I enjoy. I like a challenge and managing to, hopefully, succeed, I like being geared and all that and be able to hold my own. You do your thing, I'll do mine. Capiche?

People think they're hardcore on a game they claim is too easy... adorable.

A lot of jealous dudes lol

So many generalizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Casuals in what? Head over to an RP server where you'll find players that invest 30+ hours a week into other activities outside of raiding or PvP.