Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    you're assuming i have no basis, and you know what happens when you assume

i could base it on the fact that in 8 years i have never seen any keyboard/mouse macro/hot key system make a player good
    i could also base it on the fact that i have only seen 1 naga user top any charts in any of the hundreds of raids i ran

the problem is reliance and conditioning, lets say you buy a naga and get used to the button macros and it makes your gameplay better a little bit (or a lot depending on your starting skill level), but then you go to use another computer, one with a standard keyboard and standard 5 button mouse, well now you are screwed, without your extra buttons you can't play as well as you would on your home computer, thus making you worse as a player

the excuse of "well i will take my mouse everywhere" or "i don't play on other computers" doesn't change the fact that without the naga you are worthless as a player

learn to play well with a standard config and you can excel on any computer, limit yourself, and you are only as you were before you bought the naga (or worse)

so yes. naga owners are bad players, not because they are bad as a person, but because their reliance on the naga holds them back
    So to your comment about why the naga is a bad mouse I ask you this. How quickly do you demand that your raiders use DBM, Bigwigs, or some form of boss mod? Is that not the same as using a naga? Is that not giving yourself an advantage to play better than the others? Trust me in my time of raiding in wow I have seen Amazing players with and without the naga, I have had the pleasure of raiding with Exodus raiders, Jelloslock is on my friends list and I speak with him fairly regularly, he to my knowledge does not use a naga, but my old Raid leader Rueful, he does and when under the gun I have seen both of them pull numbers that are just flat out insane.

Your whole concept of it makes you a bad player means nothing because over all we have already destroyed wow as a skill style game. The concept that people build a addon to make sure people don't stand in fire and know when a swap happens has moved the game from a memory style to a " Read what is on the screen " game.

So when you do your next heroic raid, tell all your guys to disable their boss addons that the top world guilds wrote for them and to do the fight like men, because according to you using something that makes you better, hinders you. Play the game vanilla then come talk to me about how it messes you up.

I love my naga, I really do has lasted me a long while.

Other than the naga I would highly recommend the logitech g500 loved that mouse and I still find it fits my hand wonderfully, but I learned to use my naga and I don't really want to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    why not come back when you learn how to argue (and spell it correctly :P) you completely missed the point, which is amazing given that i laid it out like the broad side of a barn, also, if you had actually read any of the words in this thread, you would see that i already responded to the "what about your keyboard" and it's a complete red herring, it has no relevance to the fact that the naga makes you a bad player

the naga is a tool, but it has a massive drawback, and that is dependance on the side buttons

you may never go anywhere without your naga, but that doesn't change the fact that you are a bad player without it, if i swapped out my mouse right now with any mouse, it would not affect my game play in any way, but if i swapped out your mouse with a 3 button mouse, you would just plain suck for a few weeks until you actually learn how to play, so right now you are dependant on that mouse, and without it you are a worse player

i'd suggest some things to read that might help you understand why, but you don't exactly seem like the person who would actually read them

a 1982 model M it still better than modern membrane keyboards, and most good mice are in some part based off the intellimouse v3, but i have my peripherals in my sig

You're making a problem out of nothing though, I think that is what people are saying. What you say is absolutely true, but it isn't a problem at all for anyone, so it just doesn't matter. The Naga itself is an amazing mouse for its purpose. As for my spelling/grammar, is it holding back my gameplay skills? No, so I really don't care. Learning how to argue, if you knew how to argue you wouldn't have the whole thread facepalming at what you're saying.

On topic, for a non Naga mouse I'd take a Deathadder, only it is made by Razer and will be double clicking within 2 years, 3 if you're unlucky (2 year warrenty). My old Microsoft infrared mouse still works great after 10 years.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-07-31 at 11:00 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by subrand0m View Post
    Your whole concept of it makes you a bad player means nothing because over all we have already destroyed wow as a skill style game. The concept that people build a addon to make sure people don't stand in fire and know when a swap happens has moved the game from a memory style to a " Read what is on the screen " game.
    The point is though, take two very skilled gamers (one preferring a Naga and the other a Sensei) and they will both excel and pull numbers that are insane. Swap the mice for two G400s or any other generic mouse and the player that is used to a Sensei will take a very minor hit to performance (if at all) while the player with the Naga will struggle.

Of course the addon analogy falls in (somewhat) the same category, but they don't necessarily hinder gameplay. They are great for learning the fight as they tell you what to do and when to do it, but once you know it by heart you can turn the addons off. It is also perfectly possible to learn a fight without using any helper addons - it might just take slightly longer and be a bit more cumbersome as it requires a greater awareness and perhaps even a bit faster reflexes.

When I used to play I used a fair amount of addons to assist me in pulling numbers. Disabling them sure meant I didn't push the same type of numbers, but the buttons, the sequences and the time intervals all stay the same - with or without addons. Muscle memory is not something addons can control.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2013-07-31 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    if you knew how to argue you wouldn't have the whole thread facepalming at what you're saying.
    more likely there is nothing else relevant to add, if someone comes in and says "i agree with cyanotical" that is not going to change your opinion, don't assume that a lack of added pork to a discussion is the same as lack of acknowledgement

every time a thread on mice shows up, there ends up being a big argument about the naga, and the general consensus from the naga crowd is that "naga is awesome" but there is never any explanation why, as soon as someone says something negative about it, 5 more naga owners jump in to defend their beloved mouse, or random people post with just "i love my naga"
    this has lead to a lot of posters with significant hardware experience avoiding threads like this, which is a shame, because that leads to people buying the naga or equivilant

i've stated what i think is a problem with the naga, this is not something that i'm guessing at either, i learned this the hard way, at one point i did use a macro mouse and macro buttons on my keyboard, and while it was nice, when my mouse died, i had become so accustomed to it that my gameplay suffered in every game that used them, only when you give up on the crutches and handicaps will you really begin to get good, and realize that you never needed them in the first place

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice how alot of the really good looking MMO mice are out of production? Among other things they either have way too few buttons now OR are clutterred with that whole super thumb panel..
    Hell the Steelseries wow mice seem to lose features with every incarnation. Fewer buttons, no more color choosing and they basically shrunk the latest ones...Then most other mice I see recommended here seem to be out of production...Kinda annoying..

I guess it's because targeting MOBA and FPS players is more profitable but still.