Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    They should come back possessed by the Burning Legion, leading the Legion's forces in an all out assault on Azeroth. They should have a semblance of their former selves left over, struggling with the possession. By the end of the expansion, we should have experienced their fall and possession (including how they continue to fight back), and be attempting to save them from the corruption while at the same time defending Azeroth (and we should lose many of the initial battles . . . would love it if our forces were initially overconfident). The tie in on the horde end is Sylvannas (gives Blizzard a way to stop making her a "muwhahaha" villain and give her depth back) and through alliance heroes on the ally side.

I'm sick of cardboard cutout villains. Give me another hero turned possessed villain who is still fighting somewhere inside (Arthas, Darth Vader, Kerrigan).
    Last edited by jason1975; 2013-07-31 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The Alliance has 4x the number of interesting characters, so it's hilarious to see Alliance players so upset about stuff like this.

GEE I WONDER WHY THEY HAD TO BE NEUTRAL
    Exactly what I was pointing out. In order for the Alliance heroes to not go neutral the Horde has to get some of their own, that's the only way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    That'd be really neat to have Gorefiend on the Horde, but completely ridiculous and awkward.
    It was a shame to throw Teron into a wing of Black Temple, and while I'm not a fan of bringing back characters willy-nilly, it could be nice to have him return as a bigger villain (provided it fit into the story and made sense). A clash with the Darion and the Ebon Blade could be cool.
    Like I said, he tells the players that he's come back multiple times before and upon his death in Black Temple he says that he will do so again.
    I do agree it was kinda weird to bring back such an awesome character just to have him as a raidboss in Black Temple without any further lore or actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    khadgar didnt do ANYTHING except sit next to a windchime and cry about medivh.

hes not neutral hes just lazy
    he also gave horde members are friendly shattrath tour.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    I'm sick of cardboard cutout villains. Give me another hero turned possessed villain who is still fighting somewhere inside (Arthas, Darth Vader, Kerrigan).
    Cardboard cutout villains? I think people would consider "possessed hero" as more bland.....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no reason for alleria to ever join the horde.

her husband, son, sister, nieces, nephews are all in the alliance, all of her comrades remained with the alliance when the dark portal opened, her nickname is orc slayer, everyone else she knew in quel'thalas is probably dead and her home as far as we know is destoryed still so no home to go back to anyways.
    One of them, that is, Sylvanas is also her sister and Horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    That'd be really neat to have Gorefiend on the Horde, but completely ridiculous and awkward.
    It was a shame to throw Teron into a wing of Black Temple, and while I'm not a fan of bringing back characters willy-nilly, it could be nice to have him return as a bigger villain (provided it fit into the story and made sense). A clash with the Darion and the Ebon Blade could be cool.
    "I'M a real death knight!"
    "No! You're wrong! I'm a death knight! You don't know what a death knight is!"
    It'd be just like two children fighting.... :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post

Darion is a Scourge Death Knight and Teron is a Horde Death Knight. The former is melee and the latter is a caster.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Personally I could never see Turalyon become neutral. He might be for close cooperation with the Argent Crusade and could forgive the former Horde in there but I'm willing to bet he'd never join them.

As far as Alleria is concerned, I could see her become neutral, but not as in helps both factions. I could see her be torn because of the situation with her sisters, one Horde & one Alliance and her people, also split over both camps. I could see her having a problem with this and not knowing what to do. If she chooses sides at all I can only see her working for the Alliance to bring the Blood Elves back to their side.

To answer the question of how old Turalyon would be I don't think he would be too old to fight but he would be aged, he was in his 20's or so during the second war and it's been around maybe 20 something years since he and Alleria disappeared(If I'm doing my math right and have the right information.) He would be in condition to fight and probably be a general considering how old Lothar was when he was commanding the army during the second war.

I could see Turalyon being neutral possibly depending on circumstances, I feel like Alleria might be torn between the two due to ties on both side(at least I believe she has ties horde side not sure.) I don't think that Turalyon would take over any major position of power any point unless it was a while after everything is settled from the war with the legion. I could see them both being neutral until the war with the legion has finished though.
    Last edited by Myrandron; 2013-08-01 at 09:23 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrandron View Post
    To answer the question of how old Turalyon would be I don't think he would be too old to fight but he would be aged, he was in his 20's or so during the second war and it's been around maybe 20 something years since he and Alleria disappeared(If I'm doing my math right and have the right information.) He would be in condition to fight and probably be a general considering how old Lothar was when he was commanding the army during the second war.

I could see Turalyon being neutral possibly depending on circumstances, I feel like Alleria might be torn between the two due to ties on both side(at least I believe she has ties horde side not sure.) I don't think that Turalyon would take over any major position of power any point unless it was a while after everything is settled from the war with the legion. I could see them both being neutral until the war with the legion has finished though.
    Oh, you know, only her entire race and her sister.

One of them, that is, Sylvanas is also her sister and Horde
    Sylvanas is dead. She can only be abomination in eyes of Alleria. But, we'll have to see after meeting of 3 sisters in next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This is the worst fucking thing ever if it happens. First it's Malfurion. Then Anduin just doesn't give a shit. Jaina can't make up her fucking mind. How much more?
    Sums up pretty much my feelings on it too. They really don't deserve to be given the stench of neutrality just so horde can have access to them.
    Their statues are outside Stormwind city gates coz they are Alliance heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Sylvanas is dead. She can only be abomination in eyes of Alleria. But, we'll have to see after meeting of 3 sisters in next expansion.
    She's undead... and just because she is that doesn't mean she isn't the same person.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    She's undead... and just because she is that doesn't mean she isn't the same person.
    In theory, but her actions since she has become undead prevent that from being a possibility in this context. She treats every non-undead member of her former races like trash. There's really no reason for her to be the basis for a connection between Alleria and the Horde. Did Sylvannas ever reach out to her other sister (real question, I don't know)? That being said, when it comes to lore, Blizzard doesn't prioritize making sense. They will openly avoid making a decent story for the sake of avoiding changes to a leveling zone. So they would make these characters neutral just for the sake of game play. Maybe Alleria is going to be the new warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Indeed, maybe Sylvanas could resurrect him and force him into service?
    Maybe he would take over.

And much celebrations would be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    The only interesting version of that meeting would be trilateral, which necessarily forces Alleria to be refereeing her younger siblings. As older siblings do. I think Alleria would be every bit what a Second War era Thalassian should be -- arrogantly nationalist, looks down on Alliance races and has contempt for the Horde races and thinks the only place her people belong is alone at the top. She didn't run off to fight the Orcs because she had a deep and abiding fellowship with humans/dwarves/gnomes, and lawl to the idea that she would warm to the Night Elves, she hates the Orcs because they burned her homeland. But much, much worse happened to her homeland since and the Orcs did more to help than any human did (it being a human who did it in the first place, corrupted entirely as a consequence of his own decisions).

Vereesa is known to dislike humans and just thought she found one of the few worthy; I have little doubt that, push comes to shove, that's how Alleria feels outside the scope of her man as well. So it's not that I think she'd be running off to join the Horde, but she would not put the humans of Stormwind or the dwarves of Ironforge above the elves of Silvermoon, just would not happen. So, where does that leave her? Neutral. Turalyon Alliance, Alleria neutral, nothing we haven't seen with Rhonin/Vereesa in Dalaran or the non-aggressive red con NPCs at Thrall's wedding and such.