Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Turalyon will be Alliance, but this is one of those wars where the Horde and Alliance will join up against a greater foe - like in Warcraft 3. Not doing so would be irresponsible and retarded.

He will lead the military side of the 'Army of Light', with a crew of seasoned veterans that have fought the Legion with him on his journeys. These include humans, high elves, dwarves, brown orcs, and draenei mostly. Both Horde and Alliance will be able to work with him against the Legion, but afterwards he will report back to the King of Stormwind (if he survives).

Alleria is on the same track, but putting them both together would be a waste of resources. She will have her own faction of High Elves, attempting to convert the Blood Elves and Silvermoon back to their original allegiances. Some will join her, others wont. Voila, High Elves to the Alliance, with their main base in Northeron. She'll also have an interesting story going on with Sylvanas and Vereesa.

As a bonus, Illidan will return. Him and the demon hunter faction will represent a more sinister and rebellious side of Azeroth against the legion. You can fight with him or Turalyon, but you share the same enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    So long as they both are Alliance I'll be a happy bunny. However I'm a grumpy sod and have the utmost confidence that Blizzard will have both of them as neutral along with Velen if it's Legion based.

No no no. You can have them both. The Horde will take Illidan. Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    As a bonus, Illidan will return. Him and the demon hunter faction will represent a more sinister and rebellious side of Azeroth against the legion. You can fight with him or Turalyon, but you share the same enemy.
    Is there any twist in the story that hints toward it? I thought Maiev got her revenge and killed him : /

The only(possibly) live warcraft 2 horde hero I can think of is Teron Gorefiend and I doubt he'd join the Horde :/

http://www.wowpedia.org/Warcraft_II_units#Horde
    Grommash Hellscream, Kargath Bladefist, Zul'jin, Cho'gall, Dentarg, Gul'dan, Deathwing = DEAD.
    Teron Gorefriend = Unknown.

So I'm not sure who the Horde would get as equivalent... Maybe Rexxar and Rok'han finally get to do some real action and not shitty background roles?
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-07-31 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Is there any twist in the story that hints toward it? I thought Maiev got her revenge and killed him : /
    I think we're seeing subtle hints of Illidan's presence all the time. He is way too popular a character to kill off forever. Worst case, I can see one of his students take up the mantle of a new Demon Hunter faction. But I wouldn't be surprised if Illidan was somehow resurrected. Either in the 'bad' way, like the demon hunter that was stitched together for a purpose in the Blasted Lands. Or, in the 'good way', with the help of A'dal and those Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The only(possibly) live warcraft 2 horde hero I can think of is Teron Gorefiend and I doubt he'd join the Horde :/

Grommash Hellscream, Kargath Bladefist, Zul'jin, Cho'gall, Dentarg, Gul'dan, Deathwing = DEAD.

So I'm not sure who the Horde would get as equivalent... Maybe Rexxar and Rok'han finally get to do some real action and not a shitty background roles?
    Yeh I so hope Horde Gets Rexxar/Rok'han as vs heroes to Alleyria and Tyrlyon(spellings dont care)

They'll be neutral, because WE HAVE SEEN THINGS THAT GO BEYOND YOUR KEN AND KNOW THE TRUTH, COOPERATION MUST OCCUR OR WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

Also because the servers run on Alliance tears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I'm a Hordie at Heart, but I've always thought Turalyon and Alleria were awesome characters in the warcraft Universe and it's such a shame we haven't heard from them for all this time.

My question really is quite simple, so let's assume (just for this thread), that the next expansion is Burning Legion themed, that the Legion are once again a direct threat to Azeroth, and we once again see the Horde and Alliance working towards the common goal of defeating them. Somewhere in this mess, Alleria and Turalyon are found/make themselves known, and they join our war effort.

But what happens after that? what becomes of these characters? There's a few questions that stick out to me.

How old will Turalyon be now? Will he be too old to take part in any military conquest of the Legion/other enemies after?

What about Alleria? Where does her allegiance now lie? many of her people now reside in the horde with the Belves, with a smaller minority still in the Alliance, also, will she try to save her sister Sylvanas? or will she abandon her after finding out what she has become?

If Turalyon is not too old to maintain an important role within the Alliance, what will his role be? Will he take over the reins from Varian, being more experienced in fighting the Legion, or will he be under the High King's command?

Or worse still, would they become neutral?

I'm interested to hear what MMO-C thinks will happen when/if they return.
    Remember this: Turalyon's predecessor was in his 60's at the time of his death on the battlefield.

I personally hope they are at the forefront of the Alliance campaign. I don't see Alleria going back for Sylvanas due to her now being the cold heartless evil banshee queen she is (justified evil (doing the wrong things for the right reasons) is still evil).

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm not sure who the Horde would get as equivalent... Maybe Rexxar and Rok'han finally get to do some real action and not shitty background roles?
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Teron_Gorefiend

As of Black Temple Teron Gorefiend is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Nobody should have Illidan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    i dont think illidans the type to side with anyone. hes more of a solo type of guy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    What about Alleria? Where does her allegiance now lie? many of her people now reside in the horde with the Belves, with a smaller minority still in the Alliance, also, will she try to save her sister Sylvanas? or will she abandon her after finding out what she has become?
    More like horrified at Vereesa for murdering so many of her own race. I think she would understand Sylvanas because its basically the same thing she did, orcs killed her family and she went ballistic trying to kill them all. Sylvanus was killed and Silvermoon was sacked and the Sunwell tainted and she did what she could to kill the group responsible for it. What happened to Vereesa? She cant live in Silvermoon but has access to the Sunwell if she want? Thats a great reason to massacre your own people.

I would like to see Alleria bring the Blood Elves and High Elves back together. It probably wont happen but it really should. She should then lead a faction of rangers that go out and fight the Burning Legion with a parallel with Turalyon leading a faction of Paladins.

- - - Updated - - -

Grom Hellscream, Kargath Bladefist, Zul'jin, Cho'gall, Dentarg, Gul'dan, Deathwing = DEAD.

Danath and Khadgar are alive but I like how you pointed out that all of the WC2 Horde heros are dead. Alliance crying that their heroes are neutral(Danath isnt). Well at least they are alive or have hope to be alive like Alleria and Turalyon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    The thing is, Blizzard never bothered to write in new heroes apart from Nazgrim, who they're killing off. They've had plenty of time to phase in new heroes for the Horde, people who you work with regularly and eventually become major figures within the lore. They could've had another Warsong Orc take up a prominent role, who then takes over after Garrosh as leader of the Warsong Orcs and leads them on in a noble fashion against the Legion. They could have done more with Lilian Voss, instead she was simply sacrificed for the Scholomance Dungeon. They could've had an anti-hero Grimtotem figure, who detests what the Grimtotem have done yet still dislike that the Bloodhoof is in charge. Endless possibilities.
    Yeah, they could have done those things, but instead they choose to give the Horde nothing and just let the Alliance share their heroes. This is pissing off both factions honestly. Give the Horde their own leaders and let the Alliance keep theirs, there, everyone happy. I honestly don't want Alleria and Turalyon neutral, but I do believe it will happen just like with Khadgar, Tirion, Malfurion, you name it. Why doesn't Blizzard realize this?

Deleted
    They'll most likely be metzenized like all Alliance iconic characters that are supposed to hate the Horde's guts but they don't anymore cause Metzen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Well, he could always come back since he has already come back twice and his death quote suggests he'll find another way again. Still, I doubt he'd go back to the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Remember this: Turalyon's predecessor was in his 60's at the time of his death on the battlefield.

I personally hope they are at the forefront of the Alliance campaign. I don't see Alleria going back for Sylvanas due to her now being the cold heartless evil banshee queen she is (justified evil (doing the wrong things for the right reasons) is still evil).

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.wowpedia.org/Teron_Gorefiend

The thing is: Teron Gorefiend has died so many times I doubt he'll stay dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Or to rape the lore even harder, they suddenly resurrect Broxigar, so the Horde would also have a famous npc again.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Or to rape the lore even harder, they suddenly resurrect Broxigar, so the Horde would also have a famous npc again.
    Well, we know that Sargeras crushed his body. We also know that Kil'jaedan has the capability to remove the spirit of someone and bind that soul to a physical item, such as a Weapon. It's logical to conclude that Broxigar could still exist bound to something, be it a weapon or another body, in one way or another.

Something like this:

Broxigar's soul was torn from his body after he was crushed by Sargeras, for his bravery in the face or certain annihilation and his audacity to strike at Sargeras himselfl Kil'jaedan was commanded to bind Broxigar's soul to a more fitting host, in the hopes that he could be converted to fight for the Legion.

For the part that would write him into the current story, you could have Broxigar be sent as a scout to Azeroth to determine if the planet is prepared for another siege by the Legion. He could run into Varok and the two could have a legendary engagement which ultimate causes a momentary lapse in the control of Broxigar's spirit. To which point, the two decide that the best way to defeat the legion is to sabotage it from within and for Broxigar to strike when it would most benefit Azeroth. Horde-side quests throughout the expansion would include working with Varok, Broxigar and Thura (At least, preferably add more to flesh out the lacking Horde hero pool) to prepare for a pivotal battle with the Legion. Broxigar would report back with false reports and false conquests to show as proof while everyone else would be preparing.

That way the Horde would be able to bring Broxigar back into the fold without completely shitting on the existing lore. Obviously it's just an example of a scenario, kill him off if you want or defeat him with the combined powers of whoever, but it's just one way they could do it without having to sacrifice any more major figures while giving ample room to develop more.

I believe they will be the "vs Legion" protagonists of the next expansion as well as the reason for the Alliance to be the next highlight like the Horde was in MoP. There is a chance for them to be introduced though the Warcraft movie which will feature the Khadgar era in addition to Alleria introducing a proper Ranger class given that Blizz characterized Hunters as non-Rangers.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance has 4x the number of interesting characters, so it's hilarious to see Alliance players so upset about stuff like this.

GEE I WONDER WHY THEY HAD TO BE NEUTRAL
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be really neat to have Gorefiend on the Horde, but completely ridiculous and awkward.
    It was a shame to throw Teron into a wing of Black Temple, and while I'm not a fan of bringing back characters willy-nilly, it could be nice to have him return as a bigger villain (provided it fit into the story and made sense). A clash with the Darion and the Ebon Blade could be cool.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2013-07-31 at 09:46 PM.