Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    What do you mean by "our"? Are you the other Mage Tol was talking about? If not then I was not talking to you. But i will humor you, what do you mean by "ungodly high"? Because if you have higher then a 522 ilvl then you should be in heroics, otherwise what is the point? Tol said they had to kill it on normal because of no shows, so that means his guild has probably killed it on heroic so the mentioned mages have 1. Enough gear to kill it on heroic and 2. Adequate skill to kill it on heroic. So what the fuck is so special about a heroic geared and skilled player parsing in the top 98% for a normal fight? He has very little competition because they are where they belong, in heroics. So please oh wise Vynesta refute my logic. Or do you disregard that as well?

More-so the attitude that the fire mage in my guild isn't good, or musn't be playing to 100%, or cannot do the correct numbers, or fire is so blashphemous that arcane shouldn't be able to touch it attitude. These forums, and the official forums, and wow WREAK of this attitude, that arcane isn't competitive. That fire is just the best spec hands down. When in reality it isn't. Arcane can beat fire, I've beat fire, I will continue to do all in my power to beat fire. I know an 11/13H guild that has an arcane mage that beats his incredibly skilled fire mage. It's a fight by fight basis and always will be.

Just because fire has 1000 mages that follow the best player, and arcane has 1 mage to that 1000. Doesn't mean fire is always better it just means there are a lot of sheep.

I'm not trying to call everyone a sheep, but there are plenty of players that just copy the best player..Didn't umm blatty? go full-time arcane I believe. Even vykina has said the overall damage between fire and arcane is about equal. And sims show arcane ahead, even raid-bots overall (not top 200, because that shows the ABSOLUTE BEST RNG PARSES you can have as fire, fire has a higher cap to dmg, but you need that ungodly rng) and it shows arcane consistently ahead.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-08-06 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    More-so the attitude that the fire mage in my guild isn't good, or musn't be playing to 100%, or cannot do the correct numbers, or fire is so blashphemous that arcane shouldn't be able to touch it attitude. These forums, and the official forums, and wow WREAK of this attitude, that arcane isn't competitive. That fire is just the best spec hands down. When in reality it isn't. Arcane can beat fire, I've beat fire, I will continue to do all in my power to beat fire. I know an 11/13H guild that has an arcane mage that beats his incredibly skilled fire mage. It's a fight by fight basis and always will be.

Just because fire has 1000 mages that follow the best player, and arcane has 1 mage to that 1000. Doesn't mean fire is always better it just means there are a lot of sheep.

I'm not trying to call everyone a sheep, but there are plenty of players that just copy the best player..Didn't umm blatty? go full-time arcane I believe. Even vykina has said the overall damage between fire and arcane is about equal. And sims show arcane ahead, even raid-bots overall (not top 200, because that shows the ABSOLUTE BEST RNG PARSES you can have as fire, fire has a higher cap to dmg, but you need that ungodly rng) and it shows arcane consistently ahead.

I agree. Most people see fire topping arcane on WoL or see people saying fire is THE progression spec and then just run with it.

Fire is RNG stacked on RNG, mainly talking about combustion here. If trinkets didn't proc your combustion will be meh. If you have trinkets procced but your Pyroblasts don't crit its a bad combustion. What people are seeing on WoL is pretty much ideal scenarios where the mage gets very lucky and spreads combustion well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Species View Post
    I agree. Most people see fire topping arcane on WoL or see people saying fire is THE progression spec and then just run with it.

Fire is RNG stacked on RNG, mainly talking about combustion here. If trinkets didn't proc your combustion will be meh. If you have trinkets procced but your Pyroblasts don't crit its a bad combustion. What people are seeing on WoL is pretty much ideal scenarios where the mage gets very lucky and spreads combustion well.
    This is my point and has always been my point, fire has a higher roof/cap than arcane, but the rng you need to get there is high. No amount of crit is going to force your rppms to proc. No amount of haste will after 5.4 -- Meaning the spec even with VERY high amts of hit -- Is still rng rng rng.

Might wanna steer the discussion back to rune of power.....

Click my signature, it will take you too my wow heroes and you will see i have played frost this entire tier then switched to arcane, so your accusations couldn't be further from the truth. My original statement was to convey that normals are not a good measuring stick when you are better then a large majority of the people doing gear or skill wise. Further more Arcane is the top parsing spec on wow overall (overall, not top 100 so dont even tell me im wrong) so come down off that perch dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenbud View Post
    Click my signature, it will take you too my wow heroes and you will see i have played frost this entire tier then switched to arcane, so your accusations couldn't be further from the truth. My original statement was to convey that normals are not a good measuring stick when you are better then a large majority of the people doing gear or skill wise. Further more Arcane is the top parsing spec on wow overall (overall, not top 100 so dont even tell me im wrong) so come down off that perch dude.

That last part is exactly what I said, overall it parses best. Fire just has the top 200 parses under control because of ungodly rng.

Regardless not sure what else to say about the new rop -- I would prefer a giant oversized rune tbh. However it's very freeing on the ptr currently, logging back into live is like putting shackles on.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-08-06 at 04:01 AM.

I would prefer a giant oversized rune tbh. However it's very freeing on the ptr currently, logging back into live is like putting shackles on.
    I would prefer a very minimalistic but static animation for it, just put the blue static shock lines on the ground, simple and effective like a good band aid should be

also the reticle size needs to be changed, I like to put myself on the very edge of my rune when I cast it sometimes and not I can't do that
    Last edited by voltaa; 2013-08-06 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    also the reticle size needs to be changed, I like to put myself on the very edge of my rune when I cast it sometimes and not I can't do that
    Had an issue with this as well, sometimes if I'm putting two runes down side by side I want to get the longest coverage while still having overlap so I put them edge to edge. It's harder to do this, the way it is on the ptr now since the reticule and the graphic don't match up at all. It might just be a matter of having to get used to it, but it feels like an issue nonetheless.