Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Battle Net Desktop App - BETA!

Heyo

So today I got the email to enter the Beta for the Battle.net Desktop app and have downloaded it now.

Now, In my email for participating, beta testers will be given something cool!

Fey dragon? Stormcrow?

i like the new app...been using it for a month or so now

It's lovely not having to type in account details to log in.

My only issue is that d/c's still send you back to the login screen, and I end up closing it and reopening it from the client so I don't have to type.

Isn't it fantastic? Much improved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for an invite :/ Guess I'll just have to wait til' official release or something

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Heyo

So today I got the email to enter the Beta for the Battle.net Desktop app and have downloaded it now.

Now, In my email for participating, beta testers will be given something cool!

Fey dragon? Stormcrow?
    I hope not. The Fey Dragon's model, animation and skin are all unique and the StormCrow has a VERY unique skin. Not to mention its the only bird mount with a landing animation.

I got an invite a few weeks after they announced the beta and so far I'm loving it. I still click on desktop icons out of habit but I love that I don't have to constantly enter my passwords and authenticator numbers. It's clean and simple but has plenty going for it.

The app looks really good and I've been hoping to get into the beta rather early, but so far, no luck .

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been waiting for a invite... Hopefully I will get one, really excited to try it out.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even know such a thing existed...updated my beta profile...hopefully I get something.

I got the beta invite a few days ago, and the app is absolutely amazing so far. No idea what they're giving us but I'm excited to find out!

Got the invite maybe 3 weeks ago and I must say that I love it. No need to type your password/authentificator ever again, it manages every game even PTRs and is looking pretty cool. 10/10 would bang.

Been using it for a few weeks now and it is pretty good - I just hope they will let us talk to our real ID friends from the desktop in future

i wish i was a beta guy
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

SO you have to check email ? or check battle.net account page?

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    It's better to check your battle.net account

You think you are getting a new exclusive mount because you got the luck to get invited?

Get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Fey dragon? Stormcrow?
    Ya and 200.000 gold and tier 17 heroic at the start of the new expansion.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    In theory you should receive an email.
    But between the fact that blizzard often fail to send emails to players if they successfully enter a beta, and the phishing emails that go around then you are best simply logging manually into your battle.net account to check manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i wish i was a beta guy
    Same! I am hardly picked.