Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But hell - seriously..I am happy for everyone who is confident to KNOW what WoW needs. Go ahead, ring at Blizzard's door and sell you knowledge for a fortune.
    Your continuous standpoint is very irrelevant and pointless for a discussion forum. Even though I find it to be the cliché of intellectual forum knights nowadays to refer to theoretical logical fallacies, your entire reasoning is based on a continues "appeal to authority", in the sense of 'Blizzard knows best'. This all might be purposeful and has a good argument in a practical sense, but this is a discussion forum, something based more in the realm of deduction and mental exercise.

    So you can keep on repeating that "Blizzard knows best and that everyone else should shut up," but it is completely irrelevant for a discussion forum and people should be able to easily ignore your argument based on that appeal to authority that forms the entire basis for it.
    Maddest of them all.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by neuron View Post
    ht tp: //i.imgur. com /xzohXU1. png

    I saw this post on reddit. Also, many people seem to think Rob is coming back for expansion 5 but I have heard nothing about it till now.
    Is this correct?

    If Rob is indeed coming back and is being given the creative freedom, I think expansion 5 might be something very amazing. Let us not forget that most of the Titan team is now working on WoW too.

    Rob Padro's team's last creation in WoW was Ulduar. However, if Rob is back, does this mean GC gets shunted to some other department? It does make sense, I mean GC has not been able to even stop the decline in subs and at some point the shareholders and consumers just want change of leadership to breath some fresh life into things.

    Anyone knows more about this?
    GC is lead Systems Designer, not Lead designer.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    I don't know... 8+ years and we still can't get any PvE and PvP balance because of that guy? And we still have FOTM classes all the time...? He is the main reason many people unsub form the game.
    The game has never been balanced, it never will be. Welcome to the Real World.

    All GC and friends can do is plug the leaks in the dam when they find them, but new leaks are inevitable.

  4. #64
    Herald of the Titans serenka's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Berkshire - South England
    Posts
    2,854
    maybe, im sure blizzard did say that some of the old devs were coming back from Titan since it got reset.
    dragonmaw - EU

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Why all the moronic GC hate? You honestly think a game this old can hold 10+ million subs with the f2p market being the way it is now? What could GC, one man, and not even in control of the entire game do to stop it?
    The reason I dislike GC is his condescending attitude towards players, mainly on twitter. His reasoning for why he doesn't need to treat customers more respectfully? Most don't know who he is.... No joke, that's what his response was to criticism of his handling of tweets.

  6. #66
    Herald of the Titans RicardoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Hotlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Saying GC couldn't stop sub loss is most certainly a knock against him.
    No it isn't. It's saying he couldn't stop sub loss. In no way does that imply anything negative about him on a personal level, and not really even on a professional level. The losses of subs aren't really even attributable to anything GC has or hasn't done. WoW is very much a team effort. They gain subs as a team, they lose subs as a team. No one person is bigger than the project.

  7. #67
    Bring back Daelo imo

  8. #68
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Your continuous standpoint is very irrelevant and pointless for a discussion forum. Even though I find it to be the cliché of intellectual forum knights nowadays to refer to theoretical logical fallacies, your entire reasoning is based on a continues "appeal to authority", in the sense of 'Blizzard knows best'. This all might be purposeful and has a good argument in a practical sense, but this is a discussion forum, something based more in the realm of deduction and mental exercise.

    So you can keep on repeating that "Blizzard knows best and that everyone else should shut up," but it is completely irrelevant for a discussion forum and people should be able to easily ignore your argument based on that appeal to authority that forms the entire basis for it.
    Thank you that I have your blessing on this. I am not entirely sure my argument includes the part of "everyone else should shut up" - I rather find that nobody offers arguments backed up by data or conclusive evidence how any problem should get solved. You can also stop ramming the point of "appealing to authorities" home. I am aware of logical fallacies to the point that you yourself aren't immune to using them.

    In that way, I cannot even agree that we are having a discussion, it is more opinions clashing.

    Your big words do not distract from the fact that...people do offer solutions based on...feelings? Personal preferences?

    So I have no bloody clue why you feel the need to tell me what to say and what to repeat, while everybody else should be allowed to just continue to express their point what is good and what is not good for the game?

    Even if Blizzard doesn't know best, you still do not present who does now best. Maybe you can enlighten us?
    Last edited by det; 2013-07-30 at 12:14 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #69
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,263
    Ghostcrawler gets moved to Titan with Jay Wilson, I'm just kidding,

    but cmon seriously people will blame Rob Pardo for all the problems, just like they blame GC. The community will point fingers at anyone who is in his position no matter what. Rob Pardo could remove every change GC has ever done & there would be mass complaining !!
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-07-30 at 12:17 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Even if Blizzard doesn't know best, you still do not present who does now best. Maybe you can enlighten us?
    Nobody has to enlighten you on anything, or even 'proove' that they know better than Blizzard. It's a discussion forum, not a job application.
    Maddest of them all.

  11. #71
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    15,868
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Nobody has to enlighten you on anything, or even 'proove' that they know better than Blizzard. It's a discussion forum, not a job application.
    Indeed, good point. Which I think is much needed to relax from taking this whole discussion to passionately. As Blizzard said they are listening to people on all forums, so whatever they may have overlooked, fans will most certainly provide that missing angle.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    The game has never been balanced, it never will be. Welcome to the Real World.

    All GC and friends can do is plug the leaks in the dam when they find them, but new leaks are inevitable.
    They make new leaks by themselves. It's not like they are just created out of thin air. They added stupidly OP DK's in WOLTK but they could avoided that but not making them so OP. They always have option to not do something so OP. They have PTR, beta, arena realms and forum feedback but they still ignore everything and make FOTM classes and OP bullshit over and over. I would say that would be OK for a game under 1 year, but heck, wow has it 8 years now and with every neext expansion they blow their work to pieces again and again.
    I have had much more fun in 1 month of playing SWTOR in pvp than in WoW in 4 years! It's not perfect there, but much much better than here. At least no more one-shotting morons running around.

  13. #73
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    GC isn't lead designer, he's lead systems designer. The difference is he only handles the systems themselves. Not the content put in them or the project as a whole.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The reason I dislike GC is his condescending attitude towards players, mainly on twitter. His reasoning for why he doesn't need to treat customers more respectfully? Most don't know who he is.... No joke, that's what his response was to criticism of his handling of tweets.
    That's nonsense. GC is a very nice and likeable guy, as anyone who watched some interviews with him will know. Also, I can't think of any other developer who devotes so much time to adress WoW-related stuff in detail, answer questions etc. He's also incredibly patient and professional and often answers questions and comments that are worded in a very rude and insolent manner. No way I'd put up with that bullshit, I'd either brush it off or wouldn't even bother answering, like most other people.

    I noticed that a lot of people have a rather vivid imagination when reading posts on the internet, and interpret all kinds of crap into perfectly constructive posts just because they don't like the message. A lot of people are also totally paranoid and suspect sarcasm and arrogance where there is none just because apparently the writer didn't bother to embellish his text with all kinds of smileys.

    I get that from people too sometimes. I tend to write properly in my e-mails for example, and then there's the ocasional idiot who interprets my correct use of punctuation as drily arrogance, and assumes that I'm being harsh or upset because I don't end my sentences with ASCII symbols.

  15. #75
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    9,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    but cmon seriously people will blame Rob Pardo for all the problems, just like they blame GC. The community will point fingers at anyone who is in his position no matter what. Rob Pardo could remove every change GC has ever done & there would be mass complaining !!
    I doubt this unless Padro [sic] begins to tweet and make blog posts in as public a manner as Street does. A great deal of the silliness directed at GC is, in fact, shooting the messenger and little else.
    A bit of civility and respect for others opinions goes a long way toward getting any respect in return. Overly hostile, profane and insulting posts are a sign that people don't really have anything to say. Profanity is best served out in very small doses.

    "Forum drama exists because people enjoy creating it." - ML/2013

  16. #76
    They've removed a lot of the old role playing elements from the game in favor of convenience. Things like leveling up weapon skills or spending talent points every level are gone for the sake of convenience. You may as well call it a MMO action game at this point because it no longer contains the core components of an RPG. The journey is lost upon new players because of the emphasis on max level gameplay.

    Personally 4.0 and 5.0 were my favorite two parts of the last two expansions. 4.0 was fun because dungeons were challenging again and no longer a faceroll and 5.0 had the most content of any expansion at launch to date.

  17. #77
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    speedrunslive.com
    Posts
    18,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I do beg your Pardo?
    You went there...

    No, I think it's cool Pardo will be back. Maybe he can recapture some of that Blizzard magic and finally let us forget about that horrible disaster that was Cataclysm.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

  18. #78
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    It did have a source but it was only a hint that he was working on Expansion 5. Didn't say ANYTHING about Lead Designer

    Link to the revision info for the delete:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=545219170

    Link to the sourced reference:

    http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...n-in-the-works

    Tweet that started the speculation:

    https://twitter.com/Rob_Pardo/status...98014640205824
    "Oh don't worry, we will go plenty slow... this is Blizzard after all."

    That's hilarious

    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    WTB Kaplan back from Titan. Notice he left WoW team after Wrath and it's been downhill (subs and reputation wise) since then.
    So he IS working on Titan. I doubt he's coming back to WoW for the next expansion, ESPECIALLY after Titan got scrapped and remade.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by dejaa View Post
    It's off of Twitter, actually:

    http://twitter.com/Rob_Pardo/status/261898014640205824

    As for GC, love him or hate him, the numbers don't lie. The bleeding started on his watch and he and his team haven't been able to slow it down, let alone stanch the flow.
    He is not the sole person responsible for those decisions.
    He is just the outlet through which most are communicated.

    Correlation does not equal causation.
    The numbers do not lie, players do.
    The game suffers from all sorts of issues, not least it being nearly 10 years old and on what is now a minority business model.
    The original young audience without many real life commitments are now grown up and with real life responsibilities.
    There are too many factors to blame a single person, and the persistent attempts to do so prove those people to be ignorant.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-30 at 08:35 PM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Erishkigal View Post
    Bring back Daelo imo
    Daelo was the Lead Encounter Designer before going on Titan. Most of the Titan team is on WoW now so it's pretty likely he is on WoW again for the time being.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •