Raid Lockout questions

My guild is currently working on Heroic Lei Shen and we plan on extending the lockout next week to maximise progression.

A few people would like to get the meta achievements from ToT and have suggested we kill Lei Shen on normal tonight before reset to work towards the "A Complete Circuit" achievement (with one player that has the 11/13 HM lockout sitting out). My question is would this still allow us to use the player's lockout who sits out of normal Lei Shen for our lockout next week or will it say Lei Shen has been killed when we attempt to enter next reset?

Secondly, we also plan to do the first 11 bosses on normal after this reset to get the other meta achievements and then on our proper raid night, use the lockout of the person who sat out for the normal meta achievements to then do Heroic Lei Shen. Will this work since we only cleared normal all the way up to Lei Shen and then joined someone else's lockout at Heroic Lei Shen?

Think of it this way:

10 players are at Heroic Lei Shen this week, player A steps out and the other 9 switch and kill him on normal. Can we use player A's lockout next reset to go straight to Heroic Lei Shen or will it say Lei Shen is already dead?

And the second question:

Player A has an extended Heroic Lei Shen lockout, 9 other players clear normal mode ToT together up to Lei Shen, can they then join Player A's lockout at Heroic Lei Shen?

---

Thanks in advance and I hope this makes sense/is in the correct place!

1. When you left 1 guy with extended lock for Lei Shen, you'll will be able to use it in next reset.
    2. No, you will be not able to kill 11 bosses on normal when you use his/her lockout. Only available boss in ToT will be Lei Shen (and Ra Den).

But if player A skip all 11 bosses on normal and join only for Lei Shen, you will be able to kill it on heroic. But he must be the one who create raid to get his lockout.

You should be able to use 1 persons lockout next week to get back to Heroic Lei Shen. I'm not sure about being able to clear it on normal and then using his lockout though, but I'm fairly certain that would work as well. I know for a fact that you cannot mix heroic lockouts, so if you kill something on heroic you automatically get a unique raid ID that can't be mixed/shared with someone else who has a separate heroic kill. On normal this doesn't happen, it only keeps track of your boss kills.

Quote Originally Posted by dzidek View Post
    2. No, you will be not able to kill 11 bosses on normal when you use his/her lockout. Only available boss in ToT will be Lei Shen (and Ra Den).

But if player A skip all 11 bosses on normal and join only for Lei Shen, you will be able to kill it on heroic. But he must be the one who create raid to get his lockout.
    Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear enough but that's exactly what I meant. 9 of us would kill 11/12 normal (no heroics whatsoever) and then we'd reform with the 10th player who has not been present for any of the normal and has the extended Lei Shen lockout as leader to let us in, using their ID and be able to do H Lei Shen.

EDIT: As it stands, I think we won't risk killing Lei Shen on normal with 9 of us this week but we will still do 11/12 normal next reset. I've had other raid lockouts bug (e.g. Heroic LK ones) where I've used one toon to get me in at a boss and then the next week I've tried again but the lockout says all bosses are dead.
    Last edited by Spliff; 2013-07-30 at 06:37 AM.

it's no problem. you can also do that with all 10.

have 10 people locked to 11/12 heroic. invite a lvl 90 alt to your raid, lets call him superalt. zone him in. accept the lockout.
    next reset the initial 10 clear 11/12 normal. superalt extends last weeks lockout and makes a raid, zones into the instance (probably not even needed). one of the other 10 joins that raid with superalt as leader. zones into ToT. accepts the lockout. superalt leaves the raid. the guy that now has the lockout as well invites the other 9 people, they accept the lockout. done.
    Last edited by kaib; 2013-07-30 at 06:41 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spliff View Post
    EDIT: As it stands, I think we won't risk killing Lei Shen on normal with 9 of us this week but we will still do 11/12 normal next reset. I've had other raid lockouts bug (e.g. Heroic LK ones) where I've used one toon to get me in at a boss and then the next week I've tried again but the lockout says all bosses are dead.
    Someone in your group took that ID and killed lich king, it will be dead for anyone trying to use that ID.
    I somewhat doubt your 1 raider will pug 9 people and kill heroic lei shen

10+ Year Old Account
    it can also bug out if you did not do the following in ORDER when you're trying to use an old lockout:
    1. make the person with lockout lead and make sure NOBODY is inside instance
    2. switch to heroic
    3. reactivate lockout
    4. have that lead person zone in and make sure the boss is there.
    5. tell rest of raid it's safe to zone in.

If you do it in other order, it may bug out and you'll have a difficult time trying to get a GM to reset lockouts since most of them will not do it.