No new expansion?

Well, trademarks for Cataclysm was filed in June 26, and Mists of Pandaria were filed at this exact date, July 28. So today i searched trademarks from Blizzard, and there's nothing. When do you think they will file a trademark for the next expansion? They never filed a trademark for next expansion after July, they always do around May-July. But there is nothing in the trademarks yet.

Because blizzard knows how to hide it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

They're hiding it.

For their Hearthstone trademark, it wasn't filed until months after. Basically they filed it from a foreign country where you couldn't check the database (Swaziland).

In other words, we're not getting the trademark until after Blizzcon where the expansion will be announced before the trademark.

They said there will be more expansions. Just because they haven't trademarked it yet doesn't mean it's not going to happen. They're just putting it off as long as they need to.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Thank god, the fear and Panic the MoP trademark caused was terrible. (I know trademarks have been made known before the reaction was never that negative)

The MoP trademark leakage was a learning point for Blizzard. They have learned their lesson, and probably intend to get the trademark on the day of, or right after, the announcement of the title of the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Thank god, the fear and Panic the MoP trademark caused was terrible. (I know trademarks have been made known before the reaction was never that negative)
    I remember thinking it must've been a new deck for TCG haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    The MoP trademark leakage was a learning point for Blizzard. They have learned their lesson, and probably intend to get the trademark on the day of, or right after, the announcement of the title of the next expansion.
    *Shrug* maybe.

Dunno why they'd care so much really. I'm sure the next expansion is getting announced at Blizzcon in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    Well, trademarks for Cataclysm was filed in June 26, and Mists of Pandaria were filed at this exact date, July 28. So today i searched trademarks from Blizzard, and there's nothing. When do you think they will file a trademark for the next expansion? They never filed a trademark for next expansion after July, they always do around May-July. But there is nothing in the trademarks yet.
    Must be comin' August 30th. That's just math.

10+ Year Old Account
    it will happen when it happens

It will happen at 1:37 pm Nova Scotia time on a day that ends with Y sometime between now and December 31, 2034.

As other users of this very forum have discovered, it's very likely we won't see a trademark at all. Hearthstone was well hidden, because Blizzard registered the trademark in a country called Swaziland, before it was transferred over to the United States after the announcement was made, allowing Blizzard to surprise us with the game and it's title. Swaziland doesn't actually keep a record of it's trademarks online, so there's no way for us to actually go and check what Blizzard has and has not trademarked.

It's very possible we'll actually have to wait until BlizzCon to find out what the next expansion will be. Shocking, I know!

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    As other users of this very forum have discovered, it's very likely we won't see a trademark at all. Hearthstone was well hidden, because Blizzard registered the trademark in a country called Swaziland, before it was transferred over to the United States after the announcement was made, allowing Blizzard to surprise us with the game and it's title. Swaziland doesn't actually keep a record of it's trademarks online, so there's no way for us to actually go and check what Blizzard has and has not trademarked.

It's very possible we'll actually have to wait until BlizzCon to find out what the next expansion will be. Shocking, I know!
    Once again, Blizzard trademarked Hearthstone last year in November with it's actual name, Heroes of Warcraft. Cata and MoP were trademarked 'earlier' since Blizzcon for them occurred earlier than November. It's silly to think Blizzard cares about people seeing trademarks.

Yup. It's already registered. And you can figure it out if you can travel around the 80-ish nations that keep their stuff offline. Enjoy searching through file cabinets sorted in some other language!

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Yup. It's already registered. And you can figure it out if you can travel around the 80-ish nations that keep their stuff offline. Enjoy searching through file cabinets sorted in some other language!
    I will find this trademark, even if i have to search to the ends of the earth! Do you hear me? To the ends of the earth!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctredors View Post
    I will find this trademark, even if i have to search to the ends of the earth! Do you hear me? To the ends of the earth!
    What's the Japanese for "World of Warcraft: Murloc Murloc Madness!"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.