Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up Probably a better Boss Mods than DBM or BW

It's forked from DBM and added some useful features like voice warnings for all the crucial events, hudmaps and arrows to help you realize things during the encounter, etc, etc.

You should be able to find it by searching "Voice Encounter Mods" on Curse.

Would be appreciated if anyone wanna have a try and give some feedback.

-- Edit 3/08/2013 --
    Video Demo: youtu.be/JIqcBIa7o-k
    Last edited by Iceoven; 2013-08-03 at 06:13 AM. Reason: video demo link

Deleted
    dude..... this is a DBM copy with voices ....bugs me as hell
    this is the addon probably
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dbm-voice-enhanced

some ppl dont like some voice telling them what to do the game is to easy already

Thanks for the link. I can't post any links as I'm a newbie to the forum.
    And what kind of bugs are you talking about? coz we'd like to know and fix it if there's any.
    Well some people might like some voices to free their eyes from staring at the timer. We are simply offering the choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceoven View Post
    And what kind of bugs are you talking about? coz we'd like to know and fix it if there's any.
    He didn't say there are bugs, he said it bugs him, meaning it disturbs him that it's a copy of DBM with voices.

Big Wigs has a setting to put voice counters on an important ability, and I think the fact that it's optionnal makes it valuable.
    I personnaly prefer some abilities to be silent, and some to be voiced. Customability (hum don't know if the term exists in english) is really important on a boss mod

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    He didn't say there are bugs, he said it bugs him, meaning it disturbs him that it's a copy of DBM with voices.

Big Wigs has a setting to put voice counters on an important ability, and I think the fact that it's optionnal makes it valuable.
    I personnaly prefer some abilities to be silent, and some to be voiced. Customability (hum don't know if the term exists in english) is really important on a boss mod
    I like BW the way it is. The voice layover would be annoying in my opinion.

Deleted
    If you want a better boss mod than DBM then use DXE (deus vox) It's an old boss mod that has been updated for mists. Its a far superior mod than DBM in my opinion.

Personally I would prefer to see some sort of addon that can plug into BW or DBM to offer optional voice messages.
    Forking is well and good until new content when changes to the primary addon are coming quickly.
    Do they support that sort of integration, with events for the timers/events such that you could sync up sounds or other actions with them ?

Ah. Sorry for my sensitive to the word 'bug'. lol.

Well, we do have options for each abilities to be warned by voice or not and it's not just a count down voice but also detailed voice instructions like ability names or what todo, where to run, etc. And with the latest version you may put your own kinda customized voice in.

We would plugin to BW or DBM if they offered the events but sadly they don't. But the advantage of forking is that we can change the code and add more superior functions to DBM. So not too bad, huh?

I know DXE from old days has some extra warnings and arrows etc. We do as well and maybe more. (at least they don't have voice warnings, do they?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nimie View Post
    If you want a better boss mod than DBM then use DXE (deus vox) It's an old boss mod that has been updated for mists. Its a far superior mod than DBM in my opinion.
    THIS!
    Altough DXE is in Alpha State and missed some very important timers (i.e. Fan of Flames @ Twins) and especially Auto-Raidmark-Function (Horridon, Tortos adds etc.)
    But the look and feel is superior.

Quote Originally Posted by DorfSchrat View Post
    THIS!
    Altough DXE is in Alpha State and missed some very important timers (i.e. Fan of Flames @ Twins) and especially Auto-Raidmark-Function (Horridon, Tortos adds etc.)
    But the look and feel is superior.
    It runs along side DBM very nicely though, that is what I am using it for atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    its like that annoying pvp addon that announces every single spell
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    dude..... this is a DBM copy with voices ....bugs me as hell
    this is the addon probably
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dbm-voice-enhanced

some ppl dont like some voice telling them what to do the game is to easy already
    Well according to the majority this game isn't too easy so they can all use this addon while we use the normal DBM or none at all.

Text saying what you should do doesn't work. Maybe voices works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    actually the sound files from that addon are pretty useful. i combined them with MSBT to play "kick" every time someone tries to interrupt me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    Customability (hum don't know if the term exists in english)
    The word you're looking for is Customizability
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Love how you promote your own addon and say its better then the rest while it is not.

I already use Big Wigs because it annoys me that DBM keeps yelling at me, and you're saying this yells more? ugh...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Well there are options to turn each voice warnings on/off. And I'm pretty sure even by default it does not announce every single spell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Love how you promote your own addon and say its better then the rest while it is not.
    If I didn't think it would be better I wouldn't have made it. And I still think it's better. At least it offers more warning options which you can turn off if you don't want. But for people do want kill hard bosses and do care about timing in the fights I personally think it's gonna be handy.

I think a slightly less self-serving intro would've made people less likely to make fun of you and more inclined to go check your add-on out. Your add-on seems to do a lot of hand-holding, from how you describe it. I feel like a feature like "the add-on tells you when an event happens" would be pretty distracting, since it would be competing with the raid leader and other features for your attention.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    I think a slightly less self-serving intro would've made people less likely to make fun of you and more inclined to go check your add-on out. Your add-on seems to do a lot of hand-holding, from how you describe it. I feel like a feature like "the add-on tells you when an event happens" would be pretty distracting, since it would be competing with the raid leader and other features for your attention.
    I apologize for the self-serving intro but that's the easiest way to drag attentions.
    As for the competing issue you concerned I reckon it's quite the other way around. It's not like way beyond necessary hand-holding voices but just some 2 or 3 words warnings. For example if you stand in something bad it's gonna say 'run away'. If the boss is casting some big wipe AOE, i.e. Tortos' breathing, it's gonna say 'XXX incoming', 'interrupt', etc. So I'd reckon it kinda frees the raid reader from watching the timer and announcing those regular things.
    Probably I should make a video demo during the weekend. My text description sucks anyway. Just like text warnings are not so vivid comparing to visual + voice ones. (self-serving again, sorry, lol. )

I miss Deus Vox.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.