Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    dude..... this is a DBM copy with voices ....bugs me as hell
    this is the addon probably
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/dbm-voice-enhanced

some ppl dont like some voice telling them what to do the game is to easy already
    I dont know some people respond better to audio cues. If you have yourself trained to react to a sound. you will be faster than the person that dosent have sound that has to look at the label of the timer, the timer then count in time to the ability. instead you just look at the label and then react to the sound. but thats just me

some ppl dont like some voice telling them what to do the game is to easy already
    Yeah, but do it with a big red timer bar and it's totally ok.

Deleted
    Even in BW you can emphasize different Messages you have to pay extra attention for.
    for example im emphasizing static burst at jin'rokh hc als blood dk, so i can soak the debuff with ams.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceoven View Post
    We would plugin to BW or DBM if they offered the events but sadly they don't.
    BW has callbacks for pretty much everything. What events are you looking for exactly? The important ones you'd probably want are BigWigs_Message and BigWigs_StartBar. Take a look at our prototype module.

On another note I've been toying with the idea of adding optional voiceovers for critical raid-wipe abilities for a while now. The main annoyance is file size which directly conflicts with sound quality which needs to be high in order to prevent sounds being drowned out by game sounds. On top of that I've been trying to find an easy way to create text-to-speech sounds but all websites that offer them create low quality sound files.
    Last edited by funkydude; 2013-08-02 at 12:28 PM.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll have to give this a try sometime. Pretty neat actually.

Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    BW has callbacks for pretty much everything. What events are you looking for exactly? The important ones you'd probably want are BigWigs_Message and BigWigs_StartBar. Take a look at our prototype module.

On another note I've been toying with the idea of adding optional voiceovers for critical raid-wipe abilities for a while now. The main annoyance is file size which directly conflicts with sound quality which needs to be high in order to prevent sounds being drowned out by game sounds. On top of that I've been trying to find an easy way to create text-to-speech sounds but all websites that offer them create low quality sound files.
    I don't know BW but even if they offer those kinda thing we have more flexibility to add our own events by forking. As a matter of fact, in VEM we are not just having extra voice warnings but also other handy arrows and hud maps etc. So not really gonna go the plugin way.

We use TTS from voicerss.org probably you can have a look if that's also what you wanted. It shouldn't be a big deal to have big mp3 files coz u just load and play one at a time and the others they just sit on your hard driver. Since you've downloaded WoW occupying 25G of your disk you surely wouldn't mind a 25M addon. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I'm not sure about Windows (though I imagine something comparable exists), but on OS X you can use any of the installed voices to convert text to audio:

[i]$ say -v Jill -o "somefile.mp4" "Oh crap, we're all going to be burned up by a dragon!".
    The osx one is quite good. But it has license issues. You can't use it in your addon.

In case anyone is curious here's the section:

""F. Voices. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, you may use the system voices included in the Apple Software (“System Voices”) (i) while running the Apple Software and (ii) to create your own original content and projects for your personal, non-commercial use. No other use of the System Voices is permitted by this License, including but not limited to the use, reproduction, display, performance, recording, publishing or redistribution of any of the System Voices in a profit, non-profit, public sharing or commercial context.""

I prefer big wigs, It doesn't get in my face, and it's there when I need it without spamming shit eveyrwhere

Do you have any examples of your HudMap ?
    I remember how i actually enjoyed http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hudmap but it seems that it hasn't been updated in a long time, and if you do force load the fps just dies.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Do you have any examples of your HudMap ?
    I remember how i actually enjoyed addons/wow/hudmap but it seems that it hasn't been updated in a long time, and if you do force load the fps just dies.
    That's the one our hudmap based on. Check out this demo video: youtu.be/JIqcBIa7o-k

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Good catch.

I suppose you could ship a "run this to make your own voices" script, something like the way sharedmedia has the 'mymedia.bat' to add your own resources. Sadly, the quality differences between Mac OS X (good) and Windows (borderline laughable) make the solution sub-standard. The 5 people in the world who play warcraft on their mac get nice voices and everybody else gets 1980s science fiction robot voices. Probably not worth the work.
    Nah. Too complex. lol. The TTS voice we used is quite nice enough.

You people don't get it, a good boss mod has as little as possible while showing everything necessary. The main reason the top guilds use BW and DXE in the past is because it doesn't have all the unnecessary warnings and crap that flood your screen. Maybe lfr heroes need that stuff, not us.

What do you mean, "You people?"
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Guys, please, if you want to discuss the merits of different boss mods on different difficulty settings, that's fine, but try to refrain from using a condescending tone while doing so. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nimie View Post
    If you want a better boss mod than DBM then use DXE (deus vox) It's an old boss mod that has been updated for mists. Its a far superior mod than DBM in my opinion.
    I used that in wrath, good to hear it's up and running again. Might give it a go.

Currently using dbm on all fights except ra-den where bigwigs imo is superior. But I'm not a huge fan of the bigwigs sound and layout, so I only use it for ra-den.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-08-07 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the link. I can't post any links as I'm a newbie to the forum.
    And what kind of bugs are you talking about? coz we'd like to know and fix it if there's any.
    Well some people might like some voices to free their eyes from staring at the timer. We are simply offering the choice.
    i think you misunderstood me there m8 is not a bug in the addon its bugs me ( irritates) an addon telling me what spell is casted etc
    a few years back there was addon similar to this and it got blocked after some time dont recall name it scanned boss and skills and even told you run left or right boss is casting xx spell move now and it actually said move to that part etc

I apologize for the self-serving intro but that's the easiest way to drag attentions.
    As for the competing issue you concerned I reckon it's quite the other way around. It's not like way beyond necessary hand-holding voices but just some 2 or 3 words warnings. For example if you stand in something bad it's gonna say 'run away'. If the boss is casting some big wipe AOE, i.e. Tortos' breathing, it's gonna say 'XXX incoming', 'interrupt', etc. So I'd reckon it kinda frees the raid reader from watching the timer and announcing those regular things.
    Probably I should make a video demo during the weekend. My text description sucks anyway. Just like text warnings are not so vivid comparing to visual + voice ones. (self-serving again, sorry, lol. )
    already have gtfo. and if a simple bzzzt is not enough to let you know you should move out of the bad, then you are in fact the bad

- - - Updated - - -

i think you misunderstood me there m8 is not a bug in the addon its bugs me ( irritates) an addon telling me what spell is casted etc
    a few years back there was addon similar to this and it got blocked after some time dont recall name it scanned boss and skills and even told you run left or right boss is casting xx spell move now and it actually said move to that part etc
    that was dxe. it took some of the exclusivity from elite raiders so was pooh pooed. (after they used it for server fisys of course)
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    that was dxe. it took some of the exclusivity from elite raiders so was pooh pooed. (after they used it for server fisys of course)
    Actually, it was blocked because it greatly trivialized encounters where abilities are targeted at players' positions (such as, at the time, Rotface). Oh, and if my memory serves me right, it wasn't even released until all of the WFs were a done deal.

Sorry, but this is nothing buy a shameless self-promotion / marketing post, and quite frankly, this addon is worse.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Actually, it was blocked because it greatly trivialized encounters where abilities are targeted at players' positions (such as, at the time, Rotface). Oh, and if my memory serves me right, it wasn't even released until all of the WFs were a done deal.
    That and because it used the "draw on the world" ability of the API which was disabled for a few reasons.

I gather that this addon does more then just voice, but why wouldn't I just use the sound ability of DBM to add sounds to all of their timers and bars? If instead the goal is to offer voices, why not create a shared media pack that contains those files rather then an entirely new boss mod? From the video in the first post it seems like that is all it does anyways.

It is hard to tell though since the UI in the video is full of other things and even still has all of the DBM default sounds enabled which seems counter productive to the add on. Why do I need the dbm sound and the run away? Or thunder struck in 5 along with dbm going 5 4 3 2 1 etc?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."