Deleted

Yet another N'zoth Burning Legion thread

Lore buffs I have a question!

ATM the forums are full of burning legion vs N'zoth/south seas battles over potential new expansion. BUT I can't help wondering are they not potentially allied (rather tenuously)?

During the war of the ancients, N'zoths corruption nearly turned the battle in the Legions favor with deathwing, and I've read that his whispers were what spurred on Azsharas thurst for power. When it failed and azshara fell, it was N'zoth who helped the fallen endure by turning them into the Naga.

So is this big seemingly baddest of old gods actually in favor of the legions invasion? Is he allied or does he believe he can influence the legion same way he and his brethren have the people's of Azeroth. Extending his reign across much of the universe.

I'm in favour of both expansion ideas but the idea the greatest threat hidden in Azeroth wants the biggest threat outside to come and invade sounds like almost too much awesome for one expansion!

They weren't really helping the legion, they were helping them create the portal to get Sargeras through and planned to instead change it to release them out of their prisons.

The Old Gods and Legion are enemies, not friends. In Arcatraz the Qiraji mentions not even the Legion can stop them. In the WoW comic a blood elf possessed dread lord fights Cho'gall. Tyrus Blackhorn in Hyjal also assists you against the elemental forces, who serve the old gods.

the old gods are enemies of the legion.

sargeras intends to destory all life in the universe which would leave the old gods with no toys, so the armies of the old gods and the armies of the legion battle it out in space.

the old gods on azeroth intended to reverse the portal that sargeras was using right before they finished and instead of bringing in sargeras it would flip the old gods out of the ground and onto the surface
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The reason the Well exploded was due to the fact that Sargeras and the Old Gods were both trying to push their way into Azeroth at the same time. In the book trilogy, the Old Gods are seemingly trying to use the timeways that Nozdormu uses to physically manifest into Azeroth. Of course, some things have changed. Some things haven't. The Legion and the forces of the Old Gods have always been enemies, it seems. Even the Twilight's Hammer fights off the remaining demons in Mount Hyjal for control of the area.

As far as Azshara, she has always lusted for power. Sargeras was the one that first contacted the Night Elves. The most that the Old Gods whispered during the War of the Ancients was through the Demon Soul, which Deathwing had (mostly). Other people, such as Illidan and Malfurion, briefly touch the artifact, hearing the whispers for a moment. Azshara only hears the whispers when she begins to drown in the newly-formed Maelstrom, moments before she is turned into a naga. His name isn't mentioned in the books, and there is no clarification in-game or in books if it was N'zoth that actually changed her - that's just the most logical answer people have come up with.

It's doubtful that she would work with the Legion anymore, considering they failed her, used her, used her people, destroyed her entire empire, and are enemies to the forces she works with now.

However, a Legion and Old God expansion would be interesting if they did it properly. It would offer a new variety of places and creatures we could see. Just with the current lore, it doesn't seem likely.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd only ally with one another out of convenience or deception; their goals for the universe are too conflicting. N'zoth would maybe help/ encourage the Burning Legion to invade Azeroth, but it would be to thin both the Legion's and Azeroth's forces so he has more time to plot his escape and fewer forces to oppose him by the time the invasion's over.
    N'zoth and the Burning Legion are both pretty big villains, I don't think Blizzard would want to use them together and risk one overshadowing the other. They could each carry their own expansion.

An unchained Old God battling the Legion's forces with its own creations might make a cool back-drop for a patch or two in an expansion travelling to another planet though.

I don't know what the hell an "N'Zoth" is, but it doesn't sound good.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    I don't know what the hell an "N'Zoth" is, but it doesn't sound good.
    Pretty sure there was one in my spaghetti last night at dinner. Totally gross.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been said, the old gods and burning legion are not, and would not, be allies. They have completely different plans for Azeroth. The majority of old god-legion interaction so far has revolved around the old gods attempting to use the Legion's running plans in ways that will benefit them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I dont think the burning leigon and N'zoth will appear in the same expansion.
    I'd think the end boss of the burning leigon expansion would be Aszhara , she'd be opening some sort of portal for Sargeras like she tried before (If I'm not mistaken)
    Sargeras could perhaps make an appearance but I doubt they would kill him off already (If this would be the next expansion)
    N'zoth would be the endboss of an Emerald dream expansion where he would be corrupting the dream with nightmares or something in that style.