Ember Regen from 5.4 Rain of Fire

Hi all,

I am in the process of updating the simc warlock module for 5.4. Does anybody have some data to explain how the RoF on the current PTR generates Embers?
    It looks like a small chance on every tick to create 2 ember bits.... This might be the crit chance, but it is not tied to critical ticks.
    Additionally, if it only hits one target, it typically creates only 2 ember bits. If it hits two targets it typically generates 6-8, so it might be handling the first target differently (and how to define which target is the first one).

As you can see this isn't really clear, so I could use some help from you guys. Step on the PTR, hit the raiding dummy/ies and take note of number of roF ticks/crits and ember bits. If somebody has a twitter account that GC replies to, maybe somebody can ask him how it is supposed to work.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still has a chance to generate emberbits, but at a much lower chance than the live iteration. It averages out to something like 0.4 emberbits per rain of fire tick on live and like 0.25 on PTR.

Deleted
    From my last tests :
    LIVE : 1232 ticks, 506 emberbits : 0.41 emberbit per tick
    PTR : 1232 ticks, 314 emberbits : 0.25 emberbit per tick

I think (crap memory ) I had two target dummies under the RoF.

0.25 works for me as well on the PTR (no matter whether I have 5% or 15% crit on my gear). Will take this for the upcoming 540 simc release. Thanks!

Bit late to the party but anyways, just did them on the ptr:

1 target: 50 procs out of 295 hits and 65 crits
    2 targets: 52 procs out of 348 hits and 54 crits
    3 targets: 102 procs out of 627 hits and 117 crits

15.04% crit, non-boss stormwind dummies, 2 ember bits each proc obviously.