Craptastic geared frost mage, is it even sligthly valid to spec fire?

I basically havent played my mage since MoP lauch and i quit right after i hit 90, and as a result my gear is so bad its not even funny

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Cynnara/simple

My question is (in the title? ) is it any point of speccing fire? i've read up a bit on patches and stats and specs and that shizz. But i think Fire is waay more funny than frost, but as far as i've understood frost is much better at low iLvLs
    And if fire sucks with my gear, how "much" stats do i need for fire to be viable?

~Synnara <3

(and sorry for any wierd spelling errors and such, english is not my main language )

Edit: Thanks for the fast responses <3
    i probably should have said that im going to do mostly HCs for quite some time :P
    Although Fire in bgs is also something i think is really funny. with my current skill level and gear, i proooobably shouldnt xP so ill stick to hc's for the time being
    Last edited by Synnara; 2013-07-30 at 10:06 AM.

Only go fire before you have 530-540~ ilvl if you hate yourself.

Your gear is particularly bad and you will do a joke amount of DPS as fire. Frost has pretty bad scaling so you won't do that bad as it.

Deleted
    Crit 8.70% says 'No'

10+ Year Old Account
    At that level it shouldn't really matter what you spec since you really just need to focus on 5man heroics and such. Quite a ways from raid ready on that toon.

However, do stick with frost. It's more consistent numbers and requires less gear to achieve those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Deleted
    Only issue is frost doesn't scale as well as fire, so frost does a lot more damage in lower ilevel gear. Fire scales way too well, and the more gear you have the more dps you will do. I often see the recommended ilevel to do the change over is around 510 ilevel, but in all honesty if it's only 5 mans and lfr, why not play what you enjoy?

often see the recommended ilevel to do the change over is around 510 ilevel,
    Thats simply not true..

Play whatever you want because honestly with that ilvl you aren't doing anything that matters. So go have fun.

Depends a lot on the gear itemization you have, a person with 510 iLvl can have more crit than someone with 520, if they crit on all of their gear as native stat(not reforged to crit). If you have a lot of crit items, the change can come sooner, but the stupid RNG of Fire still exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit crit crit

I think you have much more pressing issues with a i447 gearset.

Like....gemming and enchanting your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    I think you have much more pressing issues with a i447 gearset.

Like....gemming and enchanting your gear.
    I dunno, he's got a set bonus that reduces the cooldown on Alter Time by 90 seconds!! So he can use Alter time on every Combustion.. (glyphed of course)

The answer is you can try it, but the rotation will just be Living Bomb, hardcast Pyroblast, and Fireball until you fall asleep. No crit = no fun.

Is it valid? Well, it's valid in that it's one of the 3 specs you can choose to play, and if you cast spells at things you will damage them. You just won't damage them as much as frost.

As someone who is a nutty fire mage, I say go for it, go fire, and if you ever do any real progression raiding, switch back to frost then. Nothing more satisfying than getting a huge pyroblast crit, even if it's only very occasional at your gear level.