What level must a character be before that name is locked to you're account for 30-90

What level must a character be before that name is locked to you're account for 30-90 days after deletion?

Just asking cus if you have a popular name, it's bad to delete it as level 1, as anyone can take the name, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Deleting a character doesn't reserve the name, so it's perfectly possible to re-use a name immediately if you delete the character that's using it.

However, using any of the character services that allow you to change your character name will mark the old name as reserved for 90 days. This is to avoid complications if the name change has to be reverted for some reason.

What happened here was that you race changed the character first, and so the name is now unavailable until the end of September. I'm afraid that we can't circumvent this reservation so the only option is to wait.

Hope that explains it for you.
    Source:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2394109729
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-07-30 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Nope. Even a level 1 is safe as long as the account is active.
    When the account is inactive for a certain period no level will save you.

I finally managed to free up the accent free version of my main character (Ifalna) a few months ago, after having it locked on an inactive level 1 alt for 2 years.
    You misunderstood.

I ment if I deleted my level 1 alt with with the popular name, if someone made a character with that name right before, I re-made it, they could take the name.
    So what level would the name be locked to my account -even after deletion? My own choice of deleting the character.

A name will never be locked to your account with the exception Granyala posted.
    "A raid is when a bunch of people who play the game too much get together to play the game some more"

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Deleting a character doesn't reserve the name, so it's perfectly possible to re-use a name immediately if you delete the character that's using it.

However, using any of the character services that allow you to change your character name will mark the old name as reserved for 90 days. This is to avoid complications if the name change has to be reverted for some reason.

What happened here was that you race changed the character first, and so the name is now unavailable until the end of September. I'm afraid that we can't circumvent this reservation so the only option is to wait.

Hope that explains it for you.
    Source:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2394109729
    It doesn't.

Because I deleted a level 90 character with a specific name, and told my friend, now you can use that name cus I won't be using it.
    No, he could not, it was restricted to me.

So at what level does a name become restricted to your account after deletion?

Level 20? Level 25? And Death Knight, ehm, level 60 or?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    You misunderstood.

I ment if I deleted my level 1 alt with with the popular name, if someone made a character with that name right before, I re-made it, they could take the name.
    So what level would the name be locked to my account -even after deletion? My own choice of deleting the character.
    It won't get locked to your account, no matter what level your character is when deleted. You just have to hope that the name isn't taken by someone in the time it takes you to create a new alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I deleted a level 90 character with a specific name, and told my friend, now you can use that name cus I won't be using it.
    No, he could not, it was restricted to me.
    If you really have that problem, wait a few hours after the deletion, since I don't exactly know when the server executes such an order.
    I'd suggest you ask in the official forums about that because no Blizzard employee will post for you here.

As the above posters are trying to say, when you delete a character the name is freed up as soon as possible.
    The name is only locked when it is going through one of the character services described.

Try doing it during a quiet period when there are fewer people online.
    You can maybe choose a popular region and gauge the numbers by querying the number of a given class or race.
    /who human mage stormwind 90 for instance to see the number of online human mages in stormwind on your realm (does not count crz "visitors" from other realms).
    The results are called at (I think) 49 so querying one over quantity that will always return that.

i've made a toon and instantly deleted it, a friend then tried to make a toon with the same name and it didnt let him, i then tried to remake it with the same name and it worked, so im guessing it does lock it to your account

I got the answer from a GM now, it's at level 30 for normal characters and level 65 for Death Knights, the ticket went a lot faster then I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for sharing.