Poll: World of Warcraft: ... ?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Actually, they couldn't really do that.
    Oh... way to burst my bubble
    Last edited by Baladash; 2013-07-30 at 01:29 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Yes, there is. As a game designer (albeit on a much smaller and less significant level), I know how important testing and marketing is. As I've said, they probably announce the expansions way in advance of release because a) it gives them a lot of time to market it, and b) it gives them a lot of time to test and iterate upon the content once it's out in the open. Just giving people an expansion that is 95% finished and allowing them to test it for 3 months isn't going to let them keep a high quality on the content.
    I disagree, and I do not think your experience argues to the contrary. You stated yourself that it cannot even begin to compare to the level at which Blizzard works, and someone might think that after well over a decade of making large-scale games that they do not need extensive third-party testing for the better part of a year to release a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    My post was directed at the person who posted:
    OP, where's the supporting evidence for strongly believing the expansion won't be announced at Blizzcon?

In the past we all knew what was coming before Blizzcon. At Blizzcon features got revealed but the actual xpac was known.
    I think this time around it will be the same. We will know what the name will be and what the overall theme will be.
    Details will be shown at Blizzcon.

So my questions where a sort of answer to Absintheminded. :-)

That was me who posted that, and I gave you factual evidence that they did in fact officially announce expansions at Blizzcon. Your belief to the contrary now is simply denial.

World of warcraft: tales of the golden nanner

hozen adventurers set sail for plunder isle in order to win back the golden nanner from the bloodsail buccaneers but before they can naga, trolls, pirates, and good ole fashion gnomish battlebots are getting in their way.

are you strong enough to stand beside the monkey king when the time calls? will you unravel the mysteries of the golden nanner? do these pants make my butt look big?

WHATS YOUR GAME!?!?!?! @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to say the Legion, but I'm starting to think it won't happen yet.

Plain and simple, it looks like 5-level expansions are here to stay. And even though next expansion falls on the 10th anniversary, Blizz won't do a 10-level expansion to hit 100.

I'm also 100% certain the level 100 expansion will be Argus, Kil'jaedan, Demon Hunter, Ethereal....

Well if that isn't next, then it must be Expansion VI. While Blizz could do a Legion expansion for V and VI, I doubt they will. Pandaria got boring by 5.2 for a lot of people, Cata got boring by 85. They can't keep the same theme for two expansions and get away with it.

So what will be next? I stand my ground that we will never see an Emerald Dream expansion, and that's 75% because of Stormrage. We also won't see another ass-pull expansion after MoP failed to capture the attention of the entire playerbase.

So that leaves us with Azshara next by process of elimination.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I used to say the Legion, but I'm starting to think it won't happen yet.

Plain and simple, it looks like 5-level expansions are here to stay. And even though next expansion falls on the 10th anniversary, Blizz won't do a 10-level expansion to hit 100.

I'm also 100% certain the level 100 expansion will be Argus, Kil'jaedan, Demon Hunter, Ethereal....

Well if that isn't next, then it must be Expansion VI. While Blizz could do a Legion expansion for V and VI, I doubt they will. Pandaria got boring by 5.2 for a lot of people, Cata got boring by 85. They can't keep the same theme for two expansions and get away with it.

So what will be next? I stand my ground that we will never see an Emerald Dream expansion, and that's 75% because of Stormrage. We also won't see another ass-pull expansion after MoP failed to capture the attention of the entire playerbase.

So that leaves us with Azshara next by process of elimination.
    if we go to argus in the first legion expansion then that will be the stupidest most idiotic retarded piece of writing ever conceived by blizzard EVER
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Going with Legion
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if we go to argus in the first legion expansion then that will be the stupidest most idiotic retarded piece of writing ever conceived by blizzard EVER
    It would be the second Legion-esque expansion, the name Burning Crusade is the name of the Legion's crusade across the universe. It began with Lord Kazzak re-opening the portal, and ended with Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Going with Legion

It would be the second Legion-esque expansion, the name Burning Crusade is the name of the Legion's crusade across the universe. It began with Lord Kazzak re-opening the portal, and ended with Kil'jaeden.
    burning crusade doesnt count because illidan did all the work, we were just mopping up the the leftovers.

going to the legions main homeworld when they occupy thousands upon thousands of worlds and planets in the very first major legion expansion is idiotic and retarded.

that would be like going into icc and instead of having to fight your way to the top of icecrown just teleporting straight to arthas and punching him in the face.

burning crusade doesnt count because illidan did all the work, we were just mopping up the the leftovers.

going to the legions main homeworld when they occupy thousands upon thousands of worlds and planets in the very first major legion expansion is idiotic and retarded.

that would be like going into icc and instead of having to fight your way to the top of icecrown just teleporting straight to arthas and punching him in the face.
    Illidan was in the first content patch. The Legion was invading through multiple points like Karazhan, and all their invasion domes in Outland.

That is also not the legions main homeworld. Argus is the Eredar's world. Demons, if you've seen the Warcraft Magainze issue #1 Mythos have existed before the Eredar, whom were just the first to be converted by Sargeras, but they are not the first demons. Nowhere does it state that Argus is the homeworld of the Legion, it is just the Eredar's homeworld.

Nathrezim were demons long before Eredar too, you see the Nathrezim homeworld briefly in W3. If anything, that would be the Legion homeworld, not Argus.

Illidan was in the first content patch. The Legion was invading through multiple points like Karazhan, and all their invasion domes in Outland.

That is also not the legions main homeworld. Argus is the Eredar's world. Demons, if you've seen the Warcraft Magainze issue #1 Mythos have existed before the Eredar, whom were just the first to be converted by Sargeras, but they are not the first demons. Nowhere does it state that Argus is the homeworld of the Legion, it is just the Eredar's homeworld.

Nathrezim were demons long before Eredar too, you see the Nathrezim homeworld briefly in W3. If anything, that would be the Legion homeworld, not Argus.
    no, argus is the main base of the legion, just because there have been demons before the eredar doesnt change the fact that the eredar are in charge and argus is the legions main base.

also content patches doesnt have anything to do with it, point blank illidan had removed the vast majority of legion forces before we landed on outland and what we saw were leftovers/them trying to reinvade, they did not have control over outland illidan did.

also the legion wasnt invading from karazhan ONE eredar was at the top and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    They always say that, it's marketing. In reality, every expansion fails to surpass the previous so far.
    *Shrug* For me this expansion has surpassed Cataclysm. So my expectations are all over the place.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

no, argus is the main base of the legion, just because there have been demons before the eredar doesnt change the fact that the eredar are in charge and argus is the legions main base.
    There is no source for this, it has always been a fan theory that it's the Legion's main base and never stated.
    also content patches doesnt have anything to do with it, point blank illidan had removed the vast majority of legion forces before we landed on outland and what we saw were leftovers/them trying to reinvade, they did not have control over outland illidan did.

also the legion wasnt invading from karazhan ONE eredar was at the top and thats it.
    That doesn't change the Legion was invading there, and Illhoof was also legion in Karazhan

Illidan was just a mid-expac boss. The entire expansion was leading to Kil'jaeden's coming. In 2.0 you find out that Kael'thas was actually serving Kil'jaeden, so Tempest Keep was basically lead in to that. Kazzak and Doomwalker were there too.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Going with Legion

I take it you also expect Expansion V to have 10 levels? Because what is more level 100 than killing the lord of the Burning Legion?

Reminder, Sargeras is still functionally dead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

There is no source for this, it has always been a fan theory that it's the Legion's main base and never stated.

That doesn't change the Legion was invading there, and Illhoof was also legion in Karazhan

Illidan was just a mid-expac boss. The entire expansion was leading to Kil'jaeden's coming. In 2.0 you find out that Kael'thas was actually serving Kil'jaeden, so Tempest Keep was basically lead in to that. Kazzak and Doomwalker were there too.
    okay so lets assume you are right, even if blizzard pulls another planet out of its arse and says "this is the legions other main base"

argus is still the homeworld of the race that is in charge of the legion.

it still equals the same thing which is just plain retarded.

and I ALREADY SAID THE LEGION WAS INVADING. that doesnt mean they werent crippled by illidans forces. there was only like 2 functioning portals in outland, one of which got shutdown a second time by illidans forces.

illidan conquered outland from the legion. that is a FACT. it wasnt until blizzard decided to make illidan and kael'thas insane that his grip on outland started to weaken and even then he had full control of most of the planet.

and kil'jaedan never even showed up on outland in bc, that was on azeroth where the only thing standing in the way between the gates and the portal he was trying to get into were a token force of a fraction of a fraction of a faction of a race and a few demons leftover from warcraft 3

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I take it you also expect Expansion V to have 10 levels? Because what is more level 100 than killing the lord of the Burning Legion?

Reminder, Sargeras is still functionally dead.
    No, I'm expecting each expansion to take 5 levels.

Level 100 is just a number, WoW is going far beyond that. It doesn't matter who the boss for the level 95-100 expansion is.
    kay so lets assume you are right, even if blizzard pulls another planet out of its arse and says "this is the legions other main base"

argus is still the homeworld of the race that is in charge of the legion.

it still equals the same thing which is just plain retarded.
    Well I don't think it's retarded so let's just agree to disagree.

Regarding BC. Even if KJ didn't show up until the end, the expansion was still the named after the Legion and had Legion themes across it. They were also in more places than Illidan's forces like Blade's Edge, Netherstorm and Nagrand while at the same time being in every other zone the Illidari were in. Legion was everywhere.
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2013-07-30 at 07:30 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I think you mean SECOND Legion Expansion. Burning Crusade was a Legion expansion... just with Kael'thas and Illidan and some other stuff!