Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soth View Post
    Yes, of course. The only thing that varies is the frequency and that just depends on server population.
    I'd imagine that ganking happens more, rather than less, considering CRZ...

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I'd imagine that ganking happens more, rather than less, considering CRZ...
    CRZ is hugely exaggerated. Most ppl still level by dungeons because its quick and lazy. I've leveled four toons from 1 -80+ in MoP so far and things are just as quiet as ever.

I'm curious as to why people still get so angry over ganking and try to apply some psychological instability to it. I kill lower levels on a whim, i sometimes go to org when i am bored and start sniping lowbies. So what? Get over it and get on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've never been killed repeatedly because I'm not stupid. There are so many ways to avoid a camper and most people who kill me don't even bother with me again because they've either found someone else to prey upon or just got tired of playing and moved onto something else.
    If you're more than 30 levels below a level 90 character you have literally NO way of escaping them outside of logging off. No, not even stealth.

The gankers are pretty much the same type of people that like spamming "umadbro" and other e-flexxing. Worse part is, even some of the best PvP'ers out there are ganksters because they get off on griefing other players and proving their dominance on an online game.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-08-03 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syax View Post
    I gank lowbies for a good 5 hours per day, so yes, ganking still occurs.
    No wonder your avatar is Garrosh. "Great" minds think alike.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    Like they did with CRZ? I played on a PvE server and was suddenly ganked for two hours by some dude from a PvP server :P
    They'll likely make some mistakes again and merge PvE with PvP. I'll buy you a beer if I'm wrong
    Because players from pvp servers can circumvent the rules of the pve servers and gank at will people who are not pvp enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by McLockhart View Post
    Like they did with CRZ? I played on a PvE server and was suddenly ganked for two hours by some dude from a PvP server :P
    They'll likely make some mistakes again and merge PvE with PvP. I'll buy you a beer if I'm wrong
    That hasn't been a problem for almost 10 months now. If you're still seeing PvP people as a PvEer, it's because someone in your CRZ group is pulling people into your realm pool.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Longtime alliance player here who has recently switched to horde, and I must say, the amount of ganking AND camping I see by the alliaince far outstrips anything I ever saw while levelling as alliance. Gettign ganked by much higher level toons is goign to happen, thats a given. what I take umbrage at is those losers who either camp people 20+ levels lower than themselves, or those pathetic douches who sit in neutral towns and use exploits and bugs to camp people nd avoid combat with guards...you darkspear jackasses know who you are.

On a side note, my best ganking story involves me in Winterspring. Pally (lvl 90) was ganking and camping, so I got my main and decided to give him a bit of a lesson. After 4 or 5 kills, he decided to roll to his FotM hunter and try to kill me. alas, he was just as terrible on his hunter as he was on his pally, and he continued to stain the ground with his life's blood. Lo and behold, he cried in general chat and some other 90's came to help him. A resto druid and a shadow priest showed up and tried to 3v1 me. Unfortunatley for them, my skill cap vastly exceeded theirs, and they provided me whi a good hour of entertainment when I was able to 3v1 them, sometimes 4 or 5v1'int them, as, at times, I would kill one of them and he would be ableto run back and rez before I killed the other 2. It was only when they called in a blood dk that they were able to 4v1 me, and yet, I was still able to kill 1 or 2 of them before I died.

I honestly don't believe in killing people who are many levels lower than you. Sure, I will do it from time to time when I am bored, but I generally refrain from it. Now, ganking people who are close to the same level as me while I am levelling, this is something I live for. You don't want to die, don't roll on a pvp server and don't try to level in my zone!

I think a large part of the ganking problem is that so many people don't understand ganking and world pvp. Far too many kids think it's a show of skill and a feat when they take their geared max level toon and run around killing lowbies. that's not pvp, that's just douchebaggery. Ganking,however, is when you have a toon thats close to the same level as the enemy and you take your weapon and introduce it to their various body parts - head/entrails/limbs, etc. This oftimes requires a modicum of skill, especially when attemting said feat on someoen who is a few levels higher than you. This is ganking. This is what pvp servers were meant to foster and encourage, not the 90 vs. lowbies that pervades the game nowdays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I levelled from 1-90 on Outland EU this week, Honestly the crz has made it so outland questing zones is nothing but ganking from other realms which is a pain, but as soon as I got to panda land I got ganked 3 times,
    Also my play times were all normal 6pm-11pm.

Deleted
    Well ppl still try but its hard to beat mine heroic tunderforged gear only just with honor points one