Page 1 of 47
... LastLast

Exclamation Rejoice! Demon Hunter is already playable in-game, but not clear enough, apparently.

Warlock Demonology is the Demon Hunter.

I think Blizzard will continue to make it even more obvious through gameplay in the future.

0.5. Demonic Slash gain from Demon Hunting.
    Turning you into more melee focused as Demonic Slash has (Short Range), outside of Demon Form.
    More like Demon Hunter
    . Hence the name, Demon Hunting.

1. Glyph of Demon Hunting
    You imbue yourself with demonic energies. Permanent demonic wings outside demon form.

2. Metamorphosis
    Temporarily transform into a demon + you look somewhat similar to Illidan the Demon Hunter.

& this is Illidan transformed into a demon.

3. Warlock have the Demon Hunter "tier of Illidan"
    The horns of Illidan and markings on body.

4. The Demonology spec icon has Illidan on it.
    Illidan, as the Demon Hunter.

5. Demonic Fury is the resource system for Demonology, Warlock.
    Same thing most likely Illidan would use, of course!

6. Green Fire just like Illidan shows off at Black Temple..

7. Immolation, same spell that Demon Hunter uses in WarCraft III.

8. Demon Hunters in-game uses ability like Shadowfury that Warlock already has.
    You can find Shadowfury on the talent tree of the Warlock, yet another ability used by Warlock that is used by Demon Hunter.

--

Look at the existing Demon Hunters abilities in-game.

Theras
    Metamorphosis (Warlock-Demonologys ability)

Netharel
    Evasion (Rogues ability)

Alandien
    Shadowfury (Warlocks ability)

Truth be told,
    Demon Hunter outside of Metamorphosis act like Rogues.
    Demon Hunter in Metamorphosis act like Demonology Warlocks when they are in Metamorphosis.

Whole idea of a Demon Hunter, their known super ability, is what they do in Metamorphosis, they become ranged damage dealers, unleashing demonic fury, the way Warlock does with Demonic Leap, Metamorphosis: Touch of Chaos, Carrion Swarm, Metamorphosis, Immolation Aura, Metamorphosis: Chaos Wave! with green fire that also Warlock can unlock.

Uniqueness of Demon Hunter known thru Illidan and others as you see above, is already used strongly and more by the years thru Demonology.
    And if you want to ignore that, you are a Rogue.

--

Illidan Stormrage has demonic wings outside of his demon form.
    Warlock-Demonology has demonic wings outside of their demon form, with Glyph of Demon Hunting.

Illidan Stormrage has demon form in his demon form.
    Warlock-Demonology has demon form in their demon form.

--

I'm not trying to be funny, if you're smart enough, you'll see the same thing I see.
    Blizzard will probably just continue this way with Demonology, for it is the "unofficial" Demon Hunter class.

Therefore, there will be no new class called Demon Hunter, because it already exist.
    So if you are one of those who really want to be a Demon Hunter, play it now - it's called Warlock \ Demonology.
    Last edited by Tyrael the Impatient; 2013-07-31 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Added "4." & added in Demonlogy is.. + added 5. 6. 7. (new 8 reasons)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrael the Impatient View Post
    Blizzard will probably just continue this way with Demonology, for it is the "unofficial" Demon Hunter class.
    Having tier, 1 ability and 1 glyph doesn't mean that we can't have Demon Hunter class.

How can you compare melee half-naked fighters with glaives/swords who are using arcane/fel magic to fight with demons
    to warlocks who are obviously... Warlocks? A mage who is using black magic and uses demons as companions to make bad things?

Druids, warriors and shamans can use fist weapons!

Guess we're never having proper monks in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I facepalmed for 3 years. You honestly thought this is a new and exciting thought, totally unique, that no one BUT you had noticed until now?
    You honestly thought this new and exciting information needed to be told to people. You did.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Having tier, 1 ability and 1 glyph doesn't mean that we can't have Demon Hunter class.

How can you compare melee half-naked fighters with glaives/swords who are using arcane/fel magic to fight with demons
    to warlocks who are obviously... Warlocks? A mage who is using black magic and uses demons as companions to make bad things?
    This, my paladin was a dark set too so he is a ex paladin, dark paladin ?

Grasping at straws.
    People see their favoured idea in just about anything if they look hard enough.
    What you see there does not actually exist, and that is why it is "not clear" to other people.
    Inspired themes, visual similarities etc does not make proof.

Demon Hunters share only some things in common with Warlocks, you cannot call them the same at all.

Therefore I felt for making this topic, because it is so insane that people are still divided about Demon Hunter exist as playable, in the game or not, when it is so clear that Warlock - Demonology is supposed to be the Demon Hunter and is.

Therefore I felt for making this topic, because it is so insane that people are still divided about Demon Hunter exist in the game or not, when it is so clear that Warlock, Demonology is supposed to be the Demon Hunter.
    Just lol so a fire mage is a destruction lock with other name ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh lord, you've done it now....
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Warlock seems to be a combination of mage +fel magic
    While DemonHunter is more like of rogue + fel magic

As far as Demon Form is concerned...
    wasn't it confirmed that warlocks learned that trick from Illidan?

Therefore I felt for making this topic, because it is so insane that people are still divided about Demon Hunter exist as playable, in the game or not, when it is so clear that Warlock - Demonology is supposed to be the Demon Hunter and is.
    I don't see any connection, but yeah...

I didn't know that Warlocks can use Glaives(obviously DH weapons) and they're fighting against demons! Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Demon Hunters share only some things in common with Warlocks, you cannot call them the same at all.
    Demonic Fury, that's 1.
    Metamorphosis, that's 2.
    The core of a class mechanisms.

Immolation, that's 3.
    Glyph of Demon Hunting, that's 4.
    With the glyph, you will be able to have wings - just like Illidan - outside of Demon Form.

Title is misleading, theory not great. A Warlock is a Warlock, nothing close to a Demon Hunter.

Demonic Fury, that's 1.
    Metamorphosis, that's 2.
    The core of a class mechanisms.

Immolation, that's 3.
    Glyph of Demon Hunting, that's 4.
    With the glyph, you will be able to have wings - just like Illidan - outside of Demon Form.
    I forgot warlocks can use glaives and melee people to death,lock immolation was nothing to do with demon hunter one ,and who said demon hunter use demonic fury?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstrider View Post
    Title is misleading, theory not great. A Warlock is a Warlock, nothing close to a Demon Hunter.
    You simply ignore 7 links to the Demon Hunter and the Demon Hunter himself, Illidan.
    It's facts!

If Warlocks could wear the Warglaives of Azzinoth, you might have a point. If they could, I would change main to Warlock immediatly and start farming those glaives.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't even equip the pair of glaives and even if Blizzard removes the class restriction you still can't.

Some demon hunter you are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    If Warlocks could wear the Warglaives of Azzinoth, you might have a point. If they could, I would change main to Warlock immediatly and start farming those glaives.
    Metamorphosis (no transform into a demon), and Glyph of Demon Hunting (no imbue yourself with demonic energies)
    Just remove the core of a Demon Hunter!

Just wear the Warglaives of Azzinoth.

Compare these two, you see what most likely will make you seem like a Demon Hunter or not.

Guys guys.. So.. Guys! Follow me on this.. ! .. You know hunters, guys, right? TRACKING! Hunters, tracking.. Demon Tracking.. Hunters Demon Tracking.. Tracking, hunting.. Demon Hunting.. Hunter, demon hunting..

I THINK I'M UNTO SOMETHING!