Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    The item level squish might (will?) take place next expansion.

    Then I won't buy the expansion and I will stay unsubscribed.

  2. #42
    timeless isle armor, battle zone barrens armor, hc scenario loot... is there still a point for crafted items, other than early patch heroic raid progression?

    - - - Updated - - -

    also i don't like transmogrification and i'd like to updrade my mc/bwl gear so i can raid in it with their old setboni

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Qanlayeni View Post
    'The Lesser Charms that may be added to the Asian store are there as a convenience item for players that may not have time to do their daily quests that week or players who just want to save time. There are no plans to add items to the store that will increase player stats.'

    Maybe if the western market mass quits, maybe we will get some love too! Like buying premade lvl 90's for those who want to 'save time' lvling up and maybe we can buy a set of full pvp bop gear for those of us who want to 'save time' from farming honour. Hell maybe we can buy the full list of achiv's and HC gear to 'save time' from even playing this game!

    Seriously a massive joke how much more blizzard is a money hungry grabbing company as opposed to back in the old days.
    Jesus Christ you are stupid. Do you even know why a large percentage of Asian gamers are quitting? Because free to play games with paid convenience are much more appealing to their limited hourly play style. Of course you knew that, right?

    And how the hell is selling LESSER charms ANYTHING like getting heroic gear or achievements? You're only allowed 3 coins per week anyway and they only work for LFR. Even then, you're still not guaranteed loot.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Did I call him wrong and myself right? I said that he was being unnecessarily hostile, and that the players have no reason to want it so I get tired of this silly "BRING THE SQUISH WE NEED IT NAO" bandwagon.


    On the other hand, I acknowledged his point and said that, whereas the players might not have any reason to want it, Blizzard might.


    WTS reading comprehension.
    Sorry but you don't speak for the community.

    My friends and I, all want the item squish to happen. There is no reason for numbers to be as high as they are.

    It will make the games numbers easier to manage.

    There is no reason people should having 500-600k Hp when they can squish it all down. We went from having 3-5k hp in vanilla all the way to 500k-600k on tanks in MoP what?

    Next xpac if they don't squish the numbers people will be pushing 1 million HP with the way blizzard likes to scale HP each xpac. Which is absurd.

    Stop trying to be a rebel, there is perfectly good reasons why this squish needs to happen.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Sorry but you don't speak for the community.

    My friends and I, all want the item squish to happen. There is no reason for numbers to be as high as they are.

    It will make the games numbers easier to manage.

    There is no reason people should having 500-600k Hp when they can squish it all down. We went from having 3-5k hp in vanilla all the way to 500k-600k on tanks in MoP what?

    Next xpac if they don't squish the numbers people will be pushing 1 million HP with the way blizzard likes to scale HP each xpac. Which is absurd.

    Stop trying to be a rebel, there is perfectly good reasons why this squish needs to happen.

    You want it to happen because you think the numbers are silly. Does that mean they are? Does that mean it's a necessity? No. Easy.


    Will it happen? Yes, but not just because the numbers seem a bit silly to a minority. Will it be more than a certain across-the-board percentage decrease? I very much doubt it.


    You're getting unnecessarily worked up about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by desec View Post
    timeless isle armor, battle zone barrens armor, hc scenario loot... is there still a point for crafted items, other than early patch heroic raid progression?
    I've leveled a few characters to 90 in the last few weeks. From what I've been dealing with, by the time I'm able to acquire the resources (stupid BoP Harmonies...) to make the gear, I already acquired better gear through LFR/scenarios. On 2 of my 3 fresh 90s I was in LFR within 48 hours of hitting 90. And on my main I have a bank FULL of enchanting mats that I just can't sell. Professions just seem like another mini game this xpac.

  7. #47
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Sorry but you don't speak for the community.

    My friends and I, all want the item squish to happen. There is no reason for numbers to be as high as they are.

    It will make the games numbers easier to manage.

    There is no reason people should having 500-600k Hp when they can squish it all down. We went from having 3-5k hp in vanilla all the way to 500k-600k on tanks in MoP what?

    Next xpac if they don't squish the numbers people will be pushing 1 million HP with the way blizzard likes to scale HP each xpac. Which is absurd.

    Stop trying to be a rebel, there is perfectly good reasons why this squish needs to happen.

    "I and my friends dislike big numbers, therefore the item squish is good" is no more of a valid reason than "I and my friends dislike small numbers, therefore the item squish is bad".

  8. #48
    Next xpac if they don't squish the numbers people will be pushing 1 million HP with the way blizzard likes to scale HP each xpac. Which is absurd.
    Is not absurd, is a sentiment of progressing.
    This is the essence of a RPG. Developing your character .

    Anyway , I'm just tired of the countless unnecesary changes they keep throwing at us .
    And I will vote with my wallet that I don't like the change for the sake of change.

  9. #49
    Warchief Skorpionss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Sorry but you don't speak for the community.

    My friends and I, all want the item squish to happen. There is no reason for numbers to be as high as they are.

    It will make the games numbers easier to manage.

    There is no reason people should having 500-600k Hp when they can squish it all down. We went from having 3-5k hp in vanilla all the way to 500k-600k on tanks in MoP what?

    Next xpac if they don't squish the numbers people will be pushing 1 million HP with the way blizzard likes to scale HP each xpac. Which is absurd.

    Stop trying to be a rebel, there is perfectly good reasons why this squish needs to happen.
    And you speak for the community because? You only speak for yourself too, and I agree with the guy you quoted I rather have 1mil or 2 mil hp than go back to 10-20k ... It's called progression... and although I don't want squish I think they did overdo the item level increase this expansion... going from 300k when u ding 90 to over 600k when you are BiS now(prolly more than 800k in 5.4) is kinda ridiculous. they should increase by very little between tiers...only between expansions should there really be a noticeable increase(say 50 ilvls) otherwise it should be like 10~ ilvls between each tier...

  10. #50
    I'm surprised no one brought up PvP in the number squish debate. What are you all going to say when your 90 with 300k hp keeps getting ganked by a 95 with 1 million hp? 5 levels should not be that big of a difference.

  11. #51
    Nice armor sets, I have never seen those before! /endsarcasm

    The expansion ends with the same exact models of armor that it started with from VP/Rep.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Explain exactly the "logic" that prevents us from using percentages when programming with integers.
    Because when you allocate a space in the memory you have a data type. You can't put a 3.7 in an integer unless you cast which makes you lose performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Sorry but you don't speak for the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post

    My friends and I, all want the item squish to happen. There is no reason for numbers to be as high as they are.

    It will make the games numbers easier to manage.

    There is no reason people should having 500-600k Hp when they can squish it all down. We went from having 3-5k hp in vanilla all the way to 500k-600k on tanks in MoP what?

    Next xpac if they don't squish the numbers people will be pushing 1 million HP with the way blizzard likes to scale HP each xpac. Which is absurd.

    Stop trying to be a rebel, there is perfectly good reasons why this squish needs to happen.


    So he doesn't speak for the community but you and your friends do?

    Edit: What the hell, I keep fixing the quote and it keeps breaking everytime I save the changes.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2013-07-30 at 01:38 PM.

  13. #53
    I see the mail set continues the trend of brighter colors on the top of the body that fades as it goes down until the lower legs and feet look washed out.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You want it to happen because you think the numbers are silly. Does that mean they are? Does that mean it's a necessity? No. Easy.


    Will it happen? Yes, but not just because the numbers seem a bit silly to a minority. Will it be more than a certain across-the-board percentage decrease? I very much doubt it.


    You're getting unnecessarily worked up about this.
    Why is everyone that disagrees with you being worked up?

    Obviously A LOT of people want this Squish to happen because it needs to.

    It sounds not like people are on a bandwagon, but you're are trying to be the cool kid in school who disagrees with everyone.

    Grow up.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Why is everyone that disagrees with you being worked up?

    Obviously A LOT of people want this Squish to happen because it needs to.

    It sounds not like people are on a bandwagon, but you're are trying to be the cool kid in school who disagrees with everyone.

    Grow up.
    And a lot of people are against it. I fail to see your point.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Because when you allocate a space in the memory you have a data type. You can't put a 3.7 in an integer unless you cast which makes you lose performance.



    So he doesn't speak for the community but you and your friends do?

    Edit: What the hell, I keep fixing the quote and it keeps breaking everytime I save the changes.
    I speak for me and my friend.

    I'm not the one getting showed logical information and still throwing a hissy fit

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    And a lot of people are against it. I fail to see your point.
    Once again the information WHY it needs to happen had already been stated.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    Why is everyone that disagrees with you being worked up?

    Obviously A LOT of people want this Squish to happen because it needs to.

    It sounds not like people are on a bandwagon, but you're are trying to be the cool kid in school who disagrees with everyone.

    Grow up.

    How do you mean everyone? You're the first one I say it to because you are the one who is worked up. Seems like you got a habit of making you = everyone.


    Obviously, a lot? What? You mean a minority, because 4-5 of the same MMO-C posters don't =/= "A LOT". Neither does your friend circle.



    And no, I'm not trying to disagree or rebel like you so incorrectly assumed, but I'm stating my disagreement with Blizzard wasting time on something like that when there are new and more exciting features they could work on instead. On top of that, if they do it quick and decrease everything by a certain percentage, like say 80%, I don't even mind it as that is done quickly, but what people are suggesting is making older content harder and make soloing older raids impossible for one.



    I'd say take a long, hard look in the mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by lazzy View Post
    I speak for me and my friend.

    I'm not the one getting showed logical information and still throwing a hissy fit

    - - - Updated - - -



    Once again the information WHY it needs to happen had already been stated.
    Sorry but all that I could see in his post was "just because you and your friends think it's bad it doesn't mean it's bad".

  19. #59
    Do they even try to make interesting armor sets anymore outside of raid content? Seriously these are old designs and not good ones I might add, it's bad enough how terrible most of the tier sets look. This is just... insulting.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyranne View Post
    Sorry but all that I could see in his post was "just because you and your friends think it's bad it doesn't mean it's bad".
    maybe you should read the rest of the thread?

    Here i'll make it easier for you.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3885585

    Ill make it EVEN easier.

    "Now there are some very real computational limitations. PCs just can’t quickly perform math on very large numbers, so we’d have to solve all of those problems as well. Even today, tanks can hit the ten digit threat cap on some encounters."
    Last edited by lazzy; 2013-07-30 at 01:47 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •