Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Itemlevel squish will take away the only thing i still like doing
    Which is what? Seeing big numbers? I don't know about you but that's not the reason I play the game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Soloing will be affected.
    The model Ghostcrawler presented a while ago destroy the soloing .

The only chance is if they fire the idi ot before it manage to kill the game completely.
    The old model only showed our squish. GC had said they would make it so soloing isn't effected. That's why I think they had to postpone the squish, to ensure everything was balanced right.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I'm fine with the squish if everything else is as it was before, only the numbers look smaller.
    This is pretty much my stance on the subject. I really hope Blizzard doesn't drop the ball on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    This isn't what the squish is intended to do. You're going to be left wanting.
    Aren't you quitting because of the item squish? Who cares about soloable raids, I can take them or leave them but the item squish is great news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Soloing will be affected.
    The model Ghostcrawler presented a while ago destroy the soloing .

The only chance is if they fire the idi ot before it manage to kill the game completely.
    After all the changes Blizzard has made recently to make bosses easier to solo for battle pets, I highly doubt they'd just throw all that effort away by making everything unsoloable.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why squish everything? We've lived just fine up until now with the numbers so why not just do this ... squish only the new content.

This means when you go into the new zones/dungeons/raids the squish activates and you experience the reduction, but not when doing old content.

Is there something I'm not seeing that makes this idea not work? You get smaller numbers on the new stuff but you can still solo the old stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    Aren't you quitting because of the item squish? Who cares about soloable raids, I can take them or leave them but the item squish is great news.
    Your opinion after all, most people enjoy soloing older raids.

I think bosses should scale to level of highest character or all characters scale down to that bosses' level -3. This soloing old raid content is stupid as hell.

Maybe I'm bitter I haven't gottne Onyxia's mount yet. Accidentally did her on 25 man this week. Meh. I shouldn't be able to just accidentally do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    I'm sorry but what's your point. I don't see one in that post. One thing that I'm confident of, is that my hunter will still be powerful enough to solo whatever i want post squish. Soloing is the least of my worries.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marksman12 View Post
    Front page.
    That article is from 2011 and is about an item squish in MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I think bosses should scale to level of highest character or all characters scale down to that bosses' level -3. This soloing old raid content is stupid as hell.

Maybe I'm bitter I haven't gottne Onyxia's mount yet. Accidentally did her on 25 man this week. Meh. I shouldn't be able to just accidentally do that.
    Why not? I, for one, find beating old raids with shiny new gear really fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    link to the source?
    He cant.
    Because there is no source, because he pulled this out of his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycefli View Post
    Your opinion after all, most people enjoy soloing older raids.

They should get rid of transmog with the item squish since I think most people like to solo older raids just to get certain looks. It almost certainly isn't about experiencing the content, although that's what people like to dress it up as. You get rid of transmog and suddenly no one cares about doing older raids anyway.

Now we can item squish freely, and a gear's look actually means something again. win/win

Also yes, As someone said a page back

The item level squish might (will?) take place next expansion.

not to mention it said in red text "Keep in mind that things are often lost in translation or mistranslated!"

NOWHERE does it say "Confirmed"

Well I am certainly glad a number of new MMOs are coming in later this year to early next like Wildstar and Elder Scrolls online. If they do squish the stats I am going to a new MMO rather then see my character regress in power. You just have to wonder with how much their subs are declining now why they would do a squish at all when they know it will piss off a lot of people and make them quit. Especially because of what I mentioned in my first sentence.

10+ Year Old Account

You accidentally flew down to where her raid is, and accidentally went into it, then accidentally killed the trash before you accidentally killed her?
    /Face-palm

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that taken from the chinese interview which MMO-C said to take with a grain of salt?

10+ Year Old Account
    This soloing old raid content is stupid as hell.
    I disagree. Soloing Alysrazor as a Warlock is the most fun I've ever had in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing that people are even concerned with this,if you're worried about seeing gigantic numbers on your screen and everything else is secondary i guarantee you are a a raider that doesnt even see heroic content and never will with that mentality.I hope they go through with the squish and maybe it will possibly weed out these types of players that are so toxic to the WoW community.
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I dont particularly care about whether or not the squish happens. But ide say the fights over before it began.

Blizzard proved with the cashgrab shop that they dont give the tiniest shit about players opinions.
    Not only with cash-shop. CRZ, 4th raid difficulty (when people were asking for normal modes to be normal), scenarios instead of 5-men, gradual destruction of old content and so on. With loss of subscribers on left and right, they should consider replacing people responsible for all of this. And as people started to get tired of this, more and more people are voting with their wallets, so most of forum feedback will be in defense of crap changes. "You don't like it, don't play it" is currently working exactly as "intended". Too bad that it comes at a cost of game's spirit :(
    They made "un-soloable" bosses soloable (like Mag and Chess event, right?) - and working on Kalecgos. So I do suppose they will indeed keep old content soloable.
    Outside of soloability of older content, there is such aspect as consistency and continuity of character progression, one of main aspects in RPG. "Item squish" ruins it.