Page 51 of 96 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think people quite get how this works. Everything is in a database, all weapons, NPCs, PCs, spells, etc... All someone needs to do is go into the database and apply a 10% reduction.
    That's not a squish , that's the Megadamage solution. You can't fix a exponential grow problem with a flat X% reduction .

Squish is transforming an exponential progresion in a liniar one. Go take math lessons.

It's quite interesting how the people who don't understand math , and don't understand what will really happen , complain that the other guys "don't understand".

Last edited by vandam; 2013-07-31 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You should quit and take a math class.
    Indeed. Extending the chart we got clearly shows it's level 80.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I don't think people quite get how this works. Everything is in a database, all weapons, NPCs, PCs, spells, etc... All someone needs to do is go into the database and apply a 10% reduction.
    It's not a 10% reduction, though. The reduction percentage will vary depending on the level of the gear.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler

"Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

when will people get it through their brains that blizzard does not usually ever by principle take away game content. so they would never take away soloing old content after this many years.

Buffing level capped players when they enter old content is the dumbest thing i've ever seen blizzard propose. I mean come on, if you need a buff to do a level 60 instance something is wrong.
    Online gold medalist astrologer

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    I don't think people quite get how this works. Everything is in a database, all weapons, NPCs, PCs, spells, etc... All someone needs to do is go into the database and apply a 10% reduction. They could even select certain aspects (ie everything from BC gets a 10% reduction, everything from wrath 15%, everything from cata 20%).

What they are not going to do is lower the stats on gear only as nothing will be level appropriate anymore and people will no longer be able to do the dungeons or quest in the areas that they need to.

Item squish is a visual thing ONLY and everything will remain as it is now just with stats displaying lower, the only benefit if they lower progressively forward is that sword you got at level 60 might last you longer than it use to. The only issue is they may have a spell that causes issues due to the change.
    visual squish wouldn't make any sense. Real squish have real performance-related benefits. But it is quite easy to display your 200 dmg pyroblast crit as a 200M SUPERCRIT!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by Coolascancer View Post
    when will people get it through their brains that blizzard does not usually ever by principle take away game content.
    Well, you never know . The FUN POLICE is working hard there in their quest to nerf any fun skill and activity.
    In the name of a so called "Balance".

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Buffing level capped players when they enter old content is the dumbest thing i've ever seen blizzard propose. I mean come on, if you need a buff to do a level 60 instance something is wrong.
    This is already happening in ICC. Do you purposely turn buff off for ICC when you attempt to solo it? I don't see what the big deal is with getting buffed when you enter into any raid.

Besides, you need buffs to solo level 60 instance even now. Gears are buffs to your character to make your char stronger. Or do you solo MC by taking off all armor and remove all buffs?
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    This is already happening in ICC. Do you purposely turn buff off for ICC when you attempt to solo it? I don't see what the big deal is with getting buffed when you enter into any raid.

Besides, you need buffs to solo level 60 instance even now. Gears are buffs to your character to make your char stronger. Or do you solo MC by taking off all armor and remove all buffs?
    I quit soloing old content when they took the big profits out of it. I will concede the point though, as i wouldn't turn off the buff if i did go in three to solo it for some reason.

The title of the thread should be changed. The Item squish is not confirmed, far from it.
    Online gold medalist astrologer

I personally think this is a step in the right direction, there is no reason or benefit to be hitting 1-3m choas bolts ect, would be cool to see 1,000 or 10,000 be a big number, also if you guys are to go through with this maybe give gear something that will let you hit higher level mobs, and hit lower level mobs harder if that makes any sence so while leveling when you say ding from level 34 to 35 you feel your damage increase on the monsters you were attacking at 34, GL and i hope this go's through!

High Overlord
    I agree that they should get rid of the Gold Squish, in which you need to multibox 4/9/19/24/39 others into your dungeon/raid in order to get maximum profit. That hurt soloing in the long run, no matter how many times they add battle pets to the instance, considering a round of dailies in Pandaria now makes more money than soloing as it stands, loot, turn-ins, and all.

I wish Blizzard would have never brought up this binary discussion. It will binary forever, there will always be people who like big numbers. So, there will be another Battle.net Real Name ID riot all-over again. Regardless of the sugar coating and Blizzard's wanting, I hate the idea, and will hate it until I die IRL.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

maybe take it back to the times of Wrath i didn't mind that. But in cata the numbers got stupid and they carried on into mop so wouldn't mind lower numbers ^_^

coming from pen and paper, even vanilla numbers were a bit stupid. However I don't mind tanks hitting 10k-ish life and such. What I do mind is that I have comparable life to effing Ragnaros. That should not happen.
    I don't want raid bosses to be not soloable. It's one of my favorite things to do on my "off-nights". But 10 seconds for a boss is just wrong. They should always be a challenge. I understand that is not necessarily fair, because there are tremendous differences in soloing capabilities between classes, but a system similar to diablo's Monster Power could work rather well, but the minimum difficulty of soloing a boss should be much-much higher. (Minimum difficulty as in amongst all the old bosses)

Quote Originally Posted by zox2 View Post
    coming from pen and paper, even vanilla numbers were a bit stupid. However I don't mind tanks hitting 10k-ish life and such. What I do mind is that I have comparable life to effing Ragnaros. That should not happen.
    I don't want raid bosses to be not soloable. It's one of my favorite things to do on my "off-nights". But 10 seconds for a boss is just wrong. They should always be a challenge. I understand that is not necessarily fair, because there are tremendous differences in soloing capabilities between classes, but a system similar to diablo's Monster Power could work rather well, but the minimum difficulty of soloing a boss should be much-much higher. (Minimum difficulty as in amongst all the old bosses)
    Maybe this is the time that Challenge Mode raids are introduced. I'd almost even expect them for the next expansion at this point.

Man, but I like having almost 1M HP and hitting for 500-600k crits

ilvl Squish addon

Bliz should just cut everything in half,.. all damage, all hp,.. ilvl's in half,.

#'s all smaller now...

just EVERYTHING divided by 2.
    everything/2= squish..

then anyone buthurt or raging about it we make an addon... x2... it takes every number in the game and times it by 2.. recount?... times it by 2.. boom problem solved,.. peps that like big numbers and cant wrap there head around the game still being the same even with smaller numbers,.. boom addon fixes it,..

next addon is the x10 addon... you like final fantasy,.. boom!,.. get the x10 addon and see the millions of damage fly..

- - - Updated - - -

doesn't even have to be half,.. could be cut less tehn half,.. whatever number they want,.. the key thing is to keep it simple so developers time isn't bogged down to much on this and they can move on to cooler things.
    I rather tank in hell then dps in heaven

Honestly a reduction in values is not going to effect relative player power in the world when done correctly. It's also probably going to make some balancing issues easily remedied. As someone who raids for progression I'm in favor of a system that makes parsing information and balancing easier for developers rather than sitting at 1 million HP raid buffed (in 5.4 I'll probably be clearing that easily in the gear that's available).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexor View Post
    ilvl Squish addon

Bliz should just cut everything in half,.. all damage, all hp,.. ilvl's in half,.

#'s all smaller now...

just EVERYTHING divided by 2.
    everything/2= squish..

then anyone buthurt or raging about it we make an addon... x2... it takes every number in the game and times it by 2.. recount?... times it by 2.. boom problem solved,.. peps that like big numbers and cant wrap there head around the game still being the same even with smaller numbers,.. boom addon fixes it,..

next addon is the x10 addon... you like final fantasy,.. boom!,.. get the x10 addon and see the millions of damage fly..
    First of all, just dividing everything by 2 simply doesn't work, secondly
    the key thing is to keep it simple so developers time isn't bogged down to much on this and they can move on to cooler things.
    Would take even less time from the developers if you'd keep the current state and let an addon handle everything.
    Want to see everything divided by 10? addon.
    Everything the same? No addon
    Everything x10? addon.

Just go with everything dived by x, where x scales from expansion to expansion.
    BC? Divide through 5.
    LK? through 15
    Cata? Through 50
    MoP? Through 100.
    Next Addon? Through 300?
    Just make charakters do the same DISPLAYED damage in leveling gear each addon, and run the current progression in the background.

Bbbbutttt... this would mean my LvL 90 sees starting Mobs as having 1-2 HP....!!!!11
    So what?

Switch displayed number scaling once a character reaches new content: lvl 61, 71, 81, 86, 91... and you're done.

New Addon=new start for everyone anyway. As long as the REAL character power progresses as usual, i see no reason to not do it that way.
    Last edited by Envar; 2013-07-31 at 10:12 PM.

Yea... level 90 mobs having the same health as level 1 mobs.. I can totally see that happening.