Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing has been confirmed, only said "might happen in the next expansion."

Plus number squishing is a waste of time to fix something that doesn't really matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    In other words, your Fireball will still do the same percentage damage to a player or a creature that it does today, but the number would be smaller. Logically, this seems like it would work, and it does.

Ghostcrawler says this, and they've tested the item level crush internally. If he says logically it works - logically it works.
    Ghostcrawler also said players wouldn't queue as healers when using DPS specs when they implemented roles in BG queues, didn't he? Look how that fucking turned out. They had to disable it at the beginning of the patch because players were doing exactly that. Don't take GC's word as law.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Only it still will be soloable because you do the same damage now relative to what you did before. They aren't slashing our stats while keeping the rest of the game the same. That would not only break old content, but it would break current content as well. EVERY number is being lowered. The only difference you will see is you do 2000 damage instead of 200,000. Current soloable bosses will still be soloable.
    You need to go and look at page 8 too. You're highly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Nope. Years after Blizzard released their own graphic showing everyone with basic math skills that relative player power will change, people still spread lies like this on forums.

In other words.. alienate their player base for no good reason. It might be that they were considering it, but they were considering a lot of methods. That doesn't make it a lie. It just makes what I mentioned the most logical of the bunch because decreasing the relative player power would cause a lot of rage in the community, I can tell you that. And why? For no good reason whatsoever. The cons of that outweigh the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    If they are trying to give old content a semblance of relevance, it will be at the level it's meant to be completed at and not max level. Ever tried running a 40 man raid at level 60 these days? Complete joke. I know people who do Herald of the Titans runs still and you only need 8 competent people to complete it, and they can be in a mix of quest and Naxx gear. For twink guilds, old content is a joke.

That might be so, but there is a reason it's outdated content. Just don't touch it, and just don't touch relative player power. If Blizzard does do so, they risk creating a large flamestorm. At least, that's what I think.

Its crazy how many of you guys are getting hung up on the soloing aspect. Soloing WILL NOT be affected.

YES! I just hope they don't half ass it and we end up with 100k HP like in Cataclysm. Go all the way, I want BiS tanks to have 5-10k~ HP by the end of the expansion!

Obviously farming / soloing older content is a big part of our game at this point, so I'm hoping they'll keep that around.

Otherwise - very happy.

Muh old content. Blizzard doesn't balance the game around old content. If you can't solo it anymore, then deal with it. It was never intended to be solo'd anyway.

Oh no, guys! Our raids that required people in the past might require them again! Whatever will I do, my poor friendless self?!

Bring friends and make reservations over items if you're so worried. Seriously?
    If they won't come, find people. After all, not everyone is worried about mounts, or certain items.

Quote Originally Posted by Coleslaw View Post
    Blizzard is planning 3 expansions ahead at the moment. Can you even imagine how ridiculous stats will get by the time we get to that third new expansion?

Billions of hp? Trillions of damage? It's absurd.
    You know what's absurd? Actually wanting to undo years of work.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post
    Oh no, guys! Our raids that required people in the past might require them again! Whatever will I do, my poor friendless self?!

If they won't come, find people. After all, not everyone is worried about mounts, or certain items.

It's not a case of that. Those raids are soloable now, and taking that ability away from players for.. really.. what reason? No good reason -- is just game suicide. Especially when they can just do a percentage/divide change across the board and have the same effect but only have the complaints be about the smaller number displayed, not their game being twisted upside down suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    They aren't undoing anything. We will still be as powerful as we are percentage wise, which is all that matters.

That happens every expansion incase you haven't noticed. Do you still wear your T1?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathOfRa View Post

Are you instigating that people should be social on a MMO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Work together?!

They should scale players and all endgame content from every expansion to TBC values. Have weekly raid quests again, but now with everything from the lifetime of the game in the mix.

They wouldn't be "taking away" anything. They'd be giving back the opportunity to do these things with friends and be challenged by it.

Quote Originally Posted by CVNelson45 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is freaking out, you aren't going to get less powerful as you level up, they are only easing the differences in ilvl gaps, they probably wont change much in those terms until Late LK content, and they'll revamp old raids and mobs so they are still soloable by the lower ilvl on max lvl gear. All this is going to do is make it so there isn't as big a jump between content tiers, which will make gear you have last longer and not become useless the instant the next tier comes out.
    So how won't this affect soloing? Check the chart that blizzard tends to do. If the gaps are smaller, then it will take longer to be able to solo new content. The ilvl % gaps are different, so even if they relatively scale the game down it will still affect soloing.

New instances, it would take dozens of expansions to be able to solo them. Currently, you can usually solo raid content from Cata. If the ilvl gap was only a 25-50% increase in character strength in MoP, would we still be able to solo them? The answer is no. This is the intended design with the item squish according to their chart. Unless they are planning on going through and rebalancing every single little aspect of the game, and nerfing raids massively when new expansions come out. It will greatly affect soloing.
    Last edited by tyrindor; 2013-07-30 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    It will make the game make a little more sense again. Seeing 2575 str on gear is absurd. It will make the game gain subs, I will resub because of this actually, so +1.
    Why is it so absurd? Get your minds out of Vanilla and BC. We're YEARS away from them now. Also if you're not subbed to the game then why the fuck are so many people lingering around? Your opinion doesn't matter anymore, thanks.

I can't believe people would care so much if the numbers on their screen are bigger. Here is a pro tip: get a combat text addon and change the fucking font size.

/endrant

They aren't undoing anything. We will still be as powerful as we are percentage wise, which is all that matters.

That's yet to be seen. If they don't, then I dare say more than half of the people that complain now will not care. If they take the road where the relative power of the player decreases, then I can tell you that the rage is bound to be huge.

We don't know yet in what package the change will come, only that we wouldn't mind one while we would hate the other. We can't conclusively state "x will not happen" or "y power will not decrease, it'll be all the same" for certain.

Are you instigating that people should be social on a MMO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Work together?!

It's not about not wanting to socialize.. it's about removing the ability to do things players were able to do for years for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    Wrong.

Also going to point you to my maths on page 8. There is no "Flat % reduction for all players" because:

1. It's not what Blizzard proposed in their item squish blog at the end of Cata
    2. It fucks with low level players. How do you take 50% off a piece of gear with 1 int?
    1. Blizzard has time before the next xpac to change how they implement the squish.
    2. That isn't the way the itemization budget works. If they are squishing ilvls, it isnt even going to hit gear until the big jumps start happening, so most gear will be untouched up until late BC or maybe not even until late WotLK.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what's absurd? Thinking they will actually be removing anything.

They'll probably just take every stat on every item, mob, boss, and player, and cut it by a flat value of (let's say) 1/2.

You'll be equally powerful compared to Arthas, and Onyxia, and Bill your guildmate. Just instead of 1000000 HP you'll have 500000.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrindor View Post
    So how won't this affect soloing? Check the chart that blizzard tends to do. If the gaps are smaller, then it will take longer to be able to solo new content. The ilvl % gaps are different, so even if they relatively scale the game down it will still affect soloing. Just a rough example, we currently have 5000% of the stats required for a raid and can easily solo it. After the crush we would have 500% of the stats required even after the raid was "squished". While we still may be able to solo it, it's going to be much harder. They will need to go back and careful tweak numbers of every old raid in order to fix it.

As for new instances, It would take dozens of expansions to be able to solo them. Currently, you can usually solo content from Cata. If the ilvl gap was only a 25-50% increase in character strength in MoP, would we still be able to solo them? The answer is no.

Unless they are planning on going through and rebalancing every single little aspect of the game. It will greatly affect soloing.
    Instead of just looking at pictures, try reading the article to go along with it.

In other words, your Fireball will still do the same percentage damage to a player or a creature that it does today, but the number would be smaller.
    Your soloing will be the same. Numbers will be adjusted.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypherr View Post
    Why is it so absurd? Get your minds out of Vanilla and BC. We're YEARS away from them now. Also if you're not subbed to the game then why the fuck are so many people lingering around? Your opinion doesn't matter anymore, thanks.

I can't believe people would care so much if the numbers on their screen are bigger. Here is a pro tip: get a combat text addon and change the fucking font size.

/endrant
    I'm more amazed the guy is saying THEY WILL GAIN SUBS BECAUSE OF ''Numbers'' on items / text

What the fuck apparently he UNSUBBED because numbers are too big hahahah the hell people