Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    There's a bit of a complication there. With how they're doing it, it won't be possible to have Fractal Relics as actual items, so a few Mystic Forge recipes will be broken.

    Also; Pristine Fractal Relics won't be considered a currency, and depositing/withdrawing gold to and from the bank will be removed because redundant.

    Also I dunno if it's been pointed out here, but karma will be account bound, which is a convenience. If you don't care about using karma boosters before chugging your karma pots, you'll save a few more bank slots.
    Ah, I was unaware of those. Started back playing just recently; I had stopped right around when Southsun and Fractals made their debut. I would suspect the recipes may change, but who knows (other than someone at Anet)?

    One fun thing about coming back is finding and adding to the stack of karma jugs in my bank. I've got a booster sitting in there too, so I'll have karma running out of my ears once this patch hits. I had held onto them for alts in case I needed karma for leveling gear or recipes or whatever.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Also I dunno if it's been pointed out here, but karma will be account bound, which is a convenience. If you don't care about using karma boosters before chugging your karma pots, you'll save a few more bank slots.
    Great change here. I know it's something that a lot folks have wanted (Lane, looking at you).

  3. #43
    They'll probably just make it so you can "drag" the amount out of your wallet. I think that's the only real "hard" part about the change.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Doesn't matter, they just handed portal to everyone. Another uniqueness gone.
    There is already an item you can get from a karma vendor I believe that it gives you the ability to port like a mesmer. As far as I know it has been there since launch.

    EDIT: found it! doesn't work exactly like the mesmer ability though. http://www.gw2db.com/items/59982-exp...lportation-gun

    It's actually not a karma vendor either, just costs 32c
    Last edited by worprz; 2013-07-31 at 05:07 PM.

  5. #45
    Epic! barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    meh too many events..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Permanent Finishers

    We’re adding support for permanent Finishers! With this release, you’ll be able to sort through your available Finishers and choose the one you’d like to use as a default. Change your mind and change your Finisher! Rank up for rank Finishers, or keep an eye on the Gem Store for a new selection of Finishers. Finishers can be used in both PvP and WvW!


    tis a shame i deleted my x-mas ones a month orso ago
    Hehe! I never drop my event items! making my bank completely trashy :P! but i like that idea, maybe the game will detect if you had the finishers before so you can pick them afterwards?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    There is already an item you can get from a karma vendor I believe that it gives you the ability to port like a mesmer. As far as I know it has been there since launch.

    EDIT: found it! doesn't work exactly like the mesmer ability though. http://www.gw2db.com/items/59982-exp...lportation-gun

    It's actually not a karma vendor either, just costs 32c
    Like 1% of the game seems to know about this item. Thought its limited in that it has a fixed range.

  7. #47
    And can't be used in dungeons (anymore) or to for vertical leaps or for WvW...

    The item is pretty useless since it's nerf (and I've got over a thousand of them...)

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Hehe! I never drop my event items! making my bank completely trashy :P! but i like that idea, maybe the game will detect if you had the finishers before so you can pick them afterwards?
    I"m really not sure why I keep carrying around my fragments of southsun map or the candy powered meter, but some day I'll need them!

  9. #49
    I feel a Sigil of the Day coming with the new recipes.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    And can't be used in dungeons (anymore) or to for vertical leaps or for WvW...

    The item is pretty useless since it's nerf (and I've got over a thousand of them...)
    It's not completely useless, it can clear gaps. Friends having trouble with a ledge? Use the portal gun. Want to do the boss after FE but don't have a key? Use the portal gun.

  11. #51
    They removed the vertical leap function so now your portal will end up mid air, if the vertical distance is higher than can be jumped your gun is useless...

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Makes me kinda wonder whether they'll introduce WvW finishers.
    PvP finishers can be used in WvW as well, unless you mean WvW specific finishers for ranks, could be an interesting reward maybe tie it in with the major rank titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Doesn't matter, they just handed portal to everyone. Another uniqueness gone.
    a bit hyperbolic don't you think? it's a one time use and expensive to make item, so what's the beef?
    Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!!!

    Guild Wars 2: Odeezee (Necromancer) || TERA: Odeezee (Archer-Ret) || SWTOR: Odeezee (Sith Inquisitor-Ret/Jedi Sage-Ret) || GW: Odeezee Fosho (Elementalist-Ret)
    Aion: Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret), ODZ (Spirit Master-Ret) || War
    : Odeezee (Sorcerer-Ret) || AoC: Odeezee (Demonologist-Ret) || WoW: Odeezee (Druid-Ret), Thaone (Mage-Ret)

  13. #53

  14. #54
    The 6 zones don't seem to be interesting. It's just gonna turn into a zerg event chain like always with bosses not scaled properly because of it and their mechanics are pretty much meaningless.

    The light the torches thing is fun how? and relates to what exactly? They sure didn't explain what it relates to in game.

    The only redeeming things it the 1 vs 1 arenas and the que is going to be LOOOONNNGGGG

  15. #55
    1v1 arenas?

  16. #56
    Well the bosses are supposed to have anti-zerg mechanics. I'm eager to see what they employ on that end.

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Well the bosses are supposed to have anti-zerg mechanics. I'm eager to see what they employ on that end.
    http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/2697737

    It's definitely going to be a challenge to get the Queen's Gauntlet achievements. Nice they are adding in a way for a player to show it off if they are badass enough to get it done.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire Wilhelm137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Well the bosses are supposed to have anti-zerg mechanics. I'm eager to see what they employ on that end.
    Many champion purple monkies. You thought 1 was bad from time to time along with random veterans? try a train of them for each 5-10 players above the soft cap they have inplace for anti zergs.
    Last edited by Wilhelm137; 2013-08-05 at 09:43 PM.

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Many champion purple monkies. You thought 1 was bad from time to time along with random veterans was bad? try a train of them for each 5-10 players above the soft cap they have inplace for anti zergs.
    I think you are confusing the Crown Pavilion with the Queen's Gauntlet.
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Well the bosses are supposed to have anti-zerg mechanics. I'm eager to see what they employ on that end.
    No such thing exist.

    You don't want bosses to be zerged you instance off people to a limited number.

    Were talking about "2.5 million" players in one zone not even half as big as a zone in Orr unless they instance people off for the bosses it's always going to be a zerg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •