Question about Guardian.

I've been waiting for this free weekend for awhile, and I've really enjoyed the game. Ill for certain be purchasing it by the end of the weekend. That said, I've always played plate classes, preferably with 2hers, in all the MMOs that I've played. Everyone and their mother has said how OP Warriors are and it seems everyone I run into is a Warrior, is a Greatsword or Hammer Guardian at all viable for group content at max level? I know GW2 isn't WoW in the way it handles life at level cap, which is completely fine, but it seems that a lot of classes get left behind if you're not a certain class/build.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2013-08-24 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Almost every group runs with a Guardian at max level, however you will support. You can still run a greatsword for that or a hammer.

Thank you, I'm enjoying the class thus far, but I'm curious, is there any class in the game that's in demand yet not many people play it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No class is really needed since no one has roles other than DPS except for the guardian. He's the jack of all trades, with mesmer and warrior right behind them for massive DPS boosts. All I gotta say is be happy you rolled a guard, and have fun facerolling your way through Tyria.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime we did pvp all the groups were assigned a guardian. stick with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    a pretty cool build is shout guardian (condition removal and boon for the group) with hammer and shield+mace, never die always live Mwahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only run hammer and greatsword on my guardian. Good damage, good boons, a ridiculous amount of condition removal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hammer and mace/shield is what I always run. I fucking hate scepter, I miss a decent ranged weapon set.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Hammer and mace/shield is what I always run. I fucking hate scepter, I miss a decent ranged weapon set.
    I don't use mine often, but use hammer/greatsword when I want to have fun, and sceptor/focus for when I want to afk a big event...

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't even pve without staff, it's so faceroll to tag mobs with. Hands down the best auto attack, I go staff with mace/focus.