Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimmak View Post
    I gotta say this guy is a complete jerk, it's like he's looking for a fight. She starts off asking why "You're a Muslim, why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity." Why does this guy get super defensive and begin stating off all his PHDs instead of simply stating he's a historian and he found the character of historical note.
    Because that's how you explain that you're a historian. She asked a question, he answered it. He was less rude and offensive in his response than she was in the asking of it.

If you give any credence to 'journalists' on any of the three major news networks (Fox, CNN, MSNBC), you're doing it wrong. CNN International gets a pass.

Everything every medias says is lies. Everyone would be better by just ignoring them.

I gotta say this guy is a complete jerk, it's like he's looking for a fight. She starts off asking why "You're a Muslim, why did you write a book about the founder of Christianity." Why does this guy get super defensive and begin stating off all his PHDs instead of simply stating he's a historian and he found the character of historical note.

Don't get me wrong the interviewer was weak, but the guy is a total jerk despite all his PHDs.
    Lets say you're an established expert in the field of rockets with a Ph.D. in rocketology and a 20 year history of successful academia. Now lets have someone ask you why you feel qualified to write a book on Russian rockets because you're a Brit.

The error is thinking an expert on rockets is only an expert on rockets made in Britain. Same thing here. Expert on religion is being told he's only an expert on Islam (well being told he's not an expert on Christianity - but you get the point).

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    The fact is, the teachings of the Bible have been extended well beyond those of Jesus, and, whether or not you're religious, you got to question whether or not the modern day Christianity, and those that follow the Bible are in line with the original teachings. If you read some of the pre-translated texts, you'll find a lot more hints that Homosexuality was actually popular at the time of Jesus Christ, and not seen as a sin by himself, or his disciples.
    I always knew this religion is wrong, this just proves it lol ;]

Deleted
    Haha, oh boy, that's cringe worthy... xD

Deleted
    People get defensive over beliefs that they hold. It's bad journalism, that's for sure.

Deleted
    People are still watching Fox Shit News ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's all look into the bright side, I have found two new books to read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you've got this going on at FOX, then down the street at MSNBC, you've got one of their hosts putting her tampons on her ears. It's network news. A big circus. Controversy creates cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalkaroth View Post
    Everything every medias says is lies. Everyone would be better by just ignoring them.
    And you know this... how?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    And you know this... how?
    the internet told me, and you cant lie on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't get me wrong the interviewer was weak, but the guy is a total jerk despite all his PHDs.
    So trying to get the obvious "religion paradox" out of the way is being a jerk?
    You DO realize it's Fox News we're talking about, right? Anyone from the left being interviewed by Fox will CONSTANTLY get their credentials questioned for petty reasons. How are you not supposed to be aggressive/annoyed in this context?

My take on it is that he figured it all out as soon as the first question was fired. And turns out he was right.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman