View Poll Results: What level to start at?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll

29 18.01%

22 13.66%

24 14.91%

54 33.54%

23 14.29%

9 5.59%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Well, here's my theory. Watching Wrathion's little ingame 'movies' during the legendary quest phases it obvious that the Burning Legion is on the way. I reckon 90-95 will be a full on invasion of Azeroth. Horde and Alliance eventually fight them off. 95-100 Alliance and Horde invade the Burning Legions homeworld for some payback. Obviously Demon Hunters will be the next class to tie in with the theme of the expansions.

But - here's my twist. You have to sacrifice one of your existing characters to Demon Hunter training aka the first class swap.

Blizz could put the onus on the players then to make the hard call on what alt or main they sacrifice.

Lastly if I was Blizz and wanted maximum $$$$ and player commitment, I would bring back the commiting to a year contract. I'd have some random Game available and the ability to level Demon Hunters for 1 month before the rest of the playerbase are allowed access when the new expansion goes live. You start at whatever level you reach.
    Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yem View Post
    On the site you provided, if we're only looking at level 90 :

- US : DK 3 / Monk last
    - EU : DK 4 / Monk last
    Hell let's talk 1-90.

- US : DK 4 / Monk last
    - EU : DK 6 / Monk last

What about 65+ to weed out those who quit in Outland?

- US : DK 1 / Monk last
    - EU : DK 1 / Monk last

Regardless of the level range you look at, Monk is always in last. Seems very indicative of a failed class to me. And we should be having a discussion on what went wrong with the Monk. Did it play bad, was it underpowered, or did people hate having to re-level?
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I honestly feel that the hero class concept was one of the worst ideas Blizzard ever came up with. I understand why they did it, but man was it terrible.
    Urm ... What ....

I fail to see what was bad about it at all. Hero Class ultimately just means it doesn't start at level 1, and anyone who claims you can learn a lot about your class between 1 - 80 is just full of bullshit. The play style of 80+ changes a lot, and again at Raiding / PvP at level 90.

New Hero Class = Level 55 as well.

I think it should start 25 levels lower than the current level cap, just like DKs did in Wrath. So, I would've voted for 70 if it were a choice. Went for 75 since it wasn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    I think it should start 25 levels lower than the current level cap, just like DKs did in Wrath. So, I would've voted for 70 if it were a choice. Went for 75 since it wasn't.
    The problem with 70 is that you end up dumping the toon halfway through Northrend once outside of the starting zone. In retrospect, I should've included 80 since that wouldn't have been an issue.

Agreed. Like I said, I understood why they had to do it for Death Knights to be a class. The problem is that DK players believed that they should be inherently more powerful than other classes because they were playing a "hero class". Once DKs were balanced, their population numbers started to tank.
    I think Blizzard found the right idea. Make a hero class "overpowered" early on, but balanced by the time you reach level cap. I haven't played a new DK in years, but the last time I did, even after they were balanced in end game, they definitely felt much more powerful at 60 then other classes. It gave it a nice "hero class" kick but in a way that was pretty inconsequential overall.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

I honestly feel that the hero class concept was one of the worst ideas Blizzard ever came up with. I understand why they did it, but man was it terrible.
    How?

/10 char
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    The problem with 70 is that you end up dumping the toon halfway through Northrend once outside of the starting zone. In retrospect, I should've included 80 since that wouldn't have been an issue.
    Good call. I just read a previous poster's reasoning for starting at 75, then plopping right into Cata zones, which does seem better.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

if it is demon hunter, probably 55 like the deathknight, starting area should be defirent depending on race. Nightelfs should start in a phased fellwood, humans in blasted lands, bloodelf Quel'danas (could be great imo, but probably a bad idea, since.. well, dunno for most of the other races.)

but demon hunters should probably play through outland although i would like an higher start level aswell to not have to go though all the pain of outland/northrend/cata content.

Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    I think Demon Hunters should start at 55, just like Death Knights. They can start on a large floating island off the cost of Outland. Level to 58 and then get sent to Hellfire. in-fact that Warlock island that was datamind months ago could be used for such a thing. Blizzard revives Illidan, he goes to the island to recover and then starts training a new age of Demon Hunters. They could use old Lore and say this island is Deathwing's Lair on Draenor. The one form the second war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    I could also come up with 1 expansion early.

DK = 58 going into Outlands
    Next Hero class = 85 going into Pandaria

So I would say level 83..
    I fixed that for you .
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2013-07-30 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    DK started out blatantly overpowered, and Blizz admitted it was intentional.
    I can't find where they admitted that, only the opposite:

"We didn't make DKs intentionally OP. While we want people to purchase Wrath of the Lich King, there are lot of logical flaws with making one class purposely overpowered (such as angering all the players who play the other nine classes)."

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    I can't find where they admitted that, only the opposite:

"We didn't make DKs intentionally OP. While we want people to purchase Wrath of the Lich King, there are lot of logical flaws with making one class purposely overpowered (such as angering all the players who play the other nine classes)."
    They said when talking about the Monk not being a hero class that they left the DK a bit on the strong side because they felt it added interest and more of a heroic feel to the class.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

I would've gone for either 70 or 80 myself, half way through a continent is just messy. 80 seems a bit high but...I don't want to level another thing through Northrend. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Prancing Minstrel View Post
    I would've gone for either 70 or 80 myself, half way through a continent is just messy. 80 seems a bit high but...I don't want to level another thing through Northrend. Ever.
    Well, I was basing it on a 5-level intro zone. So if you start at 70, you leave the zone at 75 and go to ... um, Grizzly Hills? Sholazar Basin?
    With 80, though, you are done at 85 and go straight to Pandaria, which is why I should've included 80 in the poll, and may redo the poll with better explanation tomorrow.

Title: "If New Hero Class in Nexpac"

Poll: level 1

/facewall

Its called HERO class because it didnt start at level 1
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Its called HERO class because it didnt start at level 1
    I hear Blizzard can do whatever they want with their game.

I hear Blizzard can do whatever they want with their game.
    Blizz even said the reason Monk isn't a hero class is because it starts at level 1.

If they do it again I hope it's 75 and leaves it's starting zone at 78. I hate Northrend so much.

Not any of those levels make any sense.

DK's came with Northrend which was 68-80.

The one before that was Outland which was 58-70.

DK's started at 55 and leveled 3 lvls to 58 and then entered Outland.

Assuming there will be a Hero Class in the next Exp and assuming the next Exp is 90-95, then it should be something like this...

Hero Class comes with an Exp that is 90-95.

The one before that is Pandaria which is 85-90.

The Hero Class should then start at 82. Anything more than one continent is way too much and anything less is making it hard to learn your class.

Starting at 65? That's fucking absurd IMO.
    Signature and Avatar by ElyPop