Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    I'm not completely sold on the fact that term limits would work, if you destroyed "career politicians" that would be something I'm all for.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose, but then again I'm from the same district as Finestein and let me tell you how much I despise her.
    Career politicians are a huge problem with boths parties for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    Any proof? I would like to see a study on the issue but I feel it would be heavily bias and flat out wrong.
    Lots of studies out there, Google away.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/...ion-americans/
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by smendou View Post
    I think it is more that people hate congress as an institution, but can be rather fond of their congressman. It's the other idiots that are ruining it. Personally, I just wish they'd throw some term limits on all of em. They might actually do what they were sent to Washington to do if they weren't spending half their term campaigning for the next.
    I used to consider term limits a viable option, but when you really think about it we have term limits. They're called elections. In order for them to work you need an involved electorate and and a limit to monetary influence. We have a lazy electorate and a system that allows money to dictate everything. Special interest groups would love term limits since it'd make things a lot easier for them if they know how long they'd have to "buy" someone for.

We need to restructure campaign finance laws. That's the only way to stop the constant campaigning for cash. Unfortunately with the Citizens United ruling, we can all thank the Supreme Court of putting an actual monetary value on everyone's vote.

I'm going to go ahead and close this down. It's just basically turned into a heap of side bashing.

Locked.