Thread: Heroic Megaera

Heroic Megaera

So just about to do some work on Megaera tonight and was wondering what people did for kill orders? I know I saw it around here before but after 25 minutes of searching I can't find it, apparently having some brain issues. My raid is well geared, almost everyone has the 600 ilvl cloak and all but 1 have the meta gem, and most of us are over 540 ilvl. Megaera is our 3rd last heroic, we only have Tortos left (lol) because we've got people who drop to 1-2 frames on that fight so I've been skipping it until we can get some subs in who don't have that issue and we have Animus, who we've gotten to 30% a few different times. I'm sure that we'll be able to pull this boss off pretty quickly with our gear so just want a general idea of what order people do the heads in.
    Thanks.

EDIT: 10 man
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-07-30 at 06:59 PM.

For our 25 man we do Blue, Red, Purple, Blue, Red, Green, Blue.

We did Blue, Red, Purple > Blue, Red, Purple in our 25m.

The order is the same in 10 man.

*Edit: Didn't read carefully the above 2 were different , order is Blue Red Purple Blue Red Purple. Although I'm sure killing one green at end would work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by monikasun88 View Post
    The order is the same in 10 man.
    I've gotten 2 responses and they were 2 different answers, which was the point of this thread. To see what people are doing for orders and how they differ. I only edited in 10m so someone didn't have to ask.

I think BRPBRP is the more common one -at least for 10s, since at best case scenario green does ~300k (iirc 360k) damage to everyone. It probably doesn't matter too much if your dps is quite good (and 2 healing), but we decided not to touch green back when we were progressing on it.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I think BRPBRP is the more common one
    this, by all accounts killing green is suicide, 3 clouds all landing at once can only be pain. we've never killed green. Although for a first kill 3 healing is the way to go. Dps is a non issue on this fight and killing heads too quickly bones up 1 min healing CD's unless you are very confident you have exceptional healers.

Just don't kill green. It causes far more unavoidable damage than every other one and it's the most disruptive (causes the entire raid to move, which can then mess up Cinders and Icy Ground placement).

My group does this order BRGBRPG mainly because our dps failed at adds so green worked out much better for us. Be warned the healing requirement for green is very very high so unless you have 3 very good healers don't bother trying to do it this way.

we went safemode with 4 healers and one tank :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue > Red > Purple x2, then Green for the end.

Deleted
    we did frost > fire > arcane > frost > fire > arcane >frost.

we did it with a 1 tank strat and have both 2 and 3 healed it u can do it with more as dps is no issue here, becuz often dps have to stop attacking and do nothing so tank can reset debuff

Our 25man does B>R>P>B>R>G>B helps with add control at the very end and also cuts down on movement time for the last rampage. It's not exactly the safest tactic because once those green bombs hit the raid damage gets intense, but we usually have last head below 30% when the green bombs come in so it's not a big deal.

We did BRPBRP, but also went with 2 tank and 2 healing it (holy priest and resto shaman). 3 healing felt like overkill, and head dps was our biggest issue. Though we were only able to get away with it because we had quite strong raid walls from 2 boomkins, prot pally, warrior and a rogue.

Just throwing it out there as another idea. Megaera was definitely one we experimented with a lot before we decided on a strategy that worked for us
    Last edited by Copulatingduck; 2013-08-01 at 05:28 PM.

1-2 frames on tortos? maybe those people should dump the 486s and get some modern pcs.

Quote Originally Posted by dso View Post
    1-2 frames on tortos? maybe those people should dump the 486s and get some modern pcs.
    It's almost as if you were just cruising around looking to troll, but I'll bite. They have 0 issues on any other fight, including the ones that people tend to report as graphic intensive (Elegon as an example). Not quite sure what does it during Tortos but it's very much not the norm.

Did a few pulls on Meg trying out different things, some 1 tanking and different kill order/add strats. We found that 3 healing with our gear it is entirely possible to kill green though it's not the best strat for us. Going to likely go with 1 tank B/R/P/B/R/P for our kill. Thanks for the input.

2 Heal it, with one healer to each tank. It will be quite the accomplishment for healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    It's almost as if you were just cruising around looking to troll, but I'll bite. They have 0 issues on any other fight, including the ones that people tend to report as graphic intensive (Elegon as an example). Not quite sure what does it during Tortos but it's very much not the norm.

Did a few pulls on Meg trying out different things, some 1 tanking and different kill order/add strats. We found that 3 healing with our gear it is entirely possible to kill green though it's not the best strat for us. Going to likely go with 1 tank B/R/P/B/R/P for our kill. Thanks for the input.
    If you're kiting bats tell these people to disable their enemy health frames (default V). Lots of frames can cause quite significant fps lag.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    2 Heal it, with one healer to each tank. It will be quite the accomplishment for healers.
    It would be, but when DPS actually does their jobs, it isn't too bad. That and Prot Pallies are stupid with Insight + Battle healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Animma View Post
    If you're kiting bats tell these people to disable their enemy health frames (default V). Lots of frames can cause quite significant fps lag.
    Nah not kiting bats, have always killed them. I'm sure we'll be able to figure out some replacements soon for that fight. I'll tell them to try that though and see what happens. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Ended up 1 tanking 3 healing in the end. Tank dmg was never the issue at all for us. Quite a joke with proper breath CDs actually.