Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pandaren in Plate Armor

I have a vast collection of Warrior tiers and armor sets in the bank for the sake of transmog - and yet, most, if not all look rather ridiculous on my Pandaren warrior (particularly the oversized helmets).

any recommendations on particular sets (does not have to be tier, could be mix-matched armor) that looks good on a Pandaren warrior? Taking recommendations! Feel free to post screen shots as well.

TLDR: What plate armor set looks best on Pandaren males?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandaren look pretty goofy in all armor classes. It's kinda hard to dress up fur and pudge in a way that looks aesthetically pleasing.

I'm not hating on the race (my current main is one), but gotta be honest.

(I don't have any recommendations off the top of my head, but I'll post if I cross anything cool)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think pandaren males could look pretty bad-ass in warrior T15.

Then again, I like warrior T15, and to my surprise, a lot of people hate that set.

there's a set of green plate armor you can buy on the serpent's wall that looks really really good. it's from the "adventuring supplies" vendor beside the flightmaster where you get quests to fight the spiders in dreadwastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the Pandaren race, but the males could have been a bit more... streamlined?

It's a bear on 2 legs with a beer belly,ofc armor looks ridiculous on pandas.

Get MogIT and search for armor.

Deleted
    Get "Mogit" addon, browse it, profit.

Edit: again, too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think pandaren males could look pretty bad-ass in warrior T15.

Then again, I like warrior T15, and to my surprise, a lot of people hate that set.

I love warrior t15, but I think it looks goofy as all hell on a Panda. To each his own, though...
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

15+ Year Old Account
    I tend to think that certain races look best in a themed armor set (something relevent to their race)

Example: Trolls in Zul'Gurub/Zul'Aman, Blood elves in the Sunwell stuff. For pandaren, the leveling gear is probably your best bet for a themed outfit, or like Yarathir said, the tier set.

Quote Originally Posted by Roangut View Post
    I tend to think that certain races look best in a themed armor set (something relevent to their race)

Example: Trolls in Zul'Gurub/Zul'Aman, Blood elves in the Sunwell stuff. For pandaren, the leveling gear is probably your best bet for a themed outfit, or like Yarathir said, the tier set.
    I agree with you, it just seems that there is a severe lack of plate gear with the "pandaren" theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    I like the Pandaren race, but the males could have been a bit more... streamlined?
    They're Pandas... Kinda big on the pudge.

Actually that's my problem with the Females. I think they're too streamlined.

Warior T5. Wear it and love it. It is the only armor set i can stand on Glorion. Looks Bad A** IMO as the belt that matches that set is not huge so it does not get all stretched out by our fat guts.

Here is my armory, you can see what it looks like somewhat.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...orion/advanced
    Last edited by Hotsforyou; 2013-07-30 at 08:41 PM.

I don't really have anything that was designed with the panda aesthetic in mind, but let me think. Of the warrior sets I've built, my favourite on male Pandaren are probably Warbringer's Chestguard (screencap), Abyssal Fury (screencap), and Edward the Odd (screencap).

What do you like? Light? Dark? Blues? Golds? Death? Blood? What sort of look appeals to you? I might be able to brainstorm something.
    The Devil Wears Transmog
    World of Warcraft Fashion for the Discerning Adventurer

[QUOTE=Yarathir;21925851]I think pandaren males could look pretty bad-ass in warrior T15.

I must say on the Pandaren it looks surprisingly good, but on other races it looks horrendous.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP gear looks best on pandaren in general. Some older gear looks alright, too. But BC-Cata looks pretty god awful.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

If you don't want to look like a joke, don't roll a joke race.

I find that wether a set looks good on Pandaren has a lot to do with the "lines" of the armor. Anything deliberately designed to look "sexy" has a good chance of just looking silly due to how the lines stretch on their torso. But there are loots of good looking sets for both genders.

I think both male and female pandaren look fantastic in Redsteel Plate.

Edit: Alabaster Plate also looks pretty good.

As a general rule, on any race with a muzzle I favor open-faced helmets.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-07-30 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're looking for the menacing kind of plate wearer.
    You might aswell reroll.

Some may disagree with me, but I love this look on a Male Pandaren:

Edit: This is the Warrior Challenge mode Gold set with the Shado-Pan Helmet. http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1531 with http://www.wowhead.com/item=90846 helmet.

You may have some luck getting that with OpenRaid if you can't get your guild or server to form a group.
    Last edited by reLik; 2013-07-30 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added item links.