Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Brewmaster 5.4 Trinkets

Couldn't find any discussion concerning the new trinkets.

First the DPS Trinkets:

(1. Assurance of Consequence
    Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 39%. Effective for Agility-based damage roles only.
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant you 11759 Agility for 20 sec. (ICD: 1 min)
    Requires Level 90) Only works for DPS speccs.

2. Haromm's Talisman
    +1959 Haste (4.61% @ L90)
    Equip: Your attacks have a (196 / 10)% chance to trigger Multistrike, which deals instant additional damage to your target equal to 1/3 of the original damage dealt.

3. Sigil of Rampage
    +1959 Critical Strike (3.27% @ L90)
    Equip: Your attacks have a (434 / 100)% chance to Cleave, dealing the same damage to all other nearby targets.
    Requires Level 90

4. Ticking Ebon Detonator
    +1959 Mastery (3.27 @ L90)
    Equip: Your melee and ranged attacks have a chance to grant you (1068 * 20) Agility for 20 sec. Every 5 this effect decrements by 1068 Agility. (Approximately 0.61 procs per minute, ICD: 22 sec)

5. 5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Agi DPS Trinket (5)
    +1959 Agility
    Equip: When your attacks hit you have a chance to gain 11759 Mastery for 20 sec. (ICD: 1 min)

Tank Trinkets:

1. Rook's Unlucky Talisman
    +2939 Stamina
    Use: Reduces damage taken from creature area of effect attacks by 32% for 15 sec.

2. Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal
    +1959 Dodge (2.21% @ L90)
    Equip: Converts (266 / 100)% of all damage you deal into healing on yourself.

3. Vial of Living Corruption
    +2939 Stamina
    Equip: Increases the cooldown recovery rate of six of your major abilities by 18%. Effective for tank roles only.
    Requires Level 90

4. Hellscream's Hubris
    +2939 Stamina
    Use: Increases your critical strike by 9793 for 15 sec. (1 Min, 30 Sec Cooldown)

5. 5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Tank Trinket (5)
    +1959 Mastery (3.27 @ L90)
    Use: Increases dodge by 9793 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

Some of the trinkets are really nice. I especially like the possibilietes of Rook's Unlucky Talisman which doesn't have a cooldown on PTR right now (intended?).
    Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal is basically Deathwing's Souldrinker as a trinket. Though doesn't procc when you're at 100% and the highest procc I got was a 1.6K crit.
    Vial of Living Corruption is nice. The best (and probably only useful) cooldown that gets reduced is Guard which brings it to a 25 Sec cooldown. This is amazing. But the flat Stamina increase could be better as another stat.

My personal choices would be:
    1. Ticking Ebon Detonator which is basically Renataki backwards and the mastery can be reforged into crit or expertise.
    2. Either 5.4 Raid - Normal - Siege of Orgrimmar - Boss X Loot X - Agi DPS Trinket (5) for low-tank dmg fights or Vial of Living Corruption for heavy damage fights.

What are your thoughts on the matter?
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-07-30 at 08:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, Assurance won't work for a brewmaster (agility DAMAGE is specifically said).

The Juggernaut trinket should do more healing than 1.6k (2.6% of a non crit BoK would be in that range when tanking) with many Keg Smash hits being well over 100k, giving you at least at 2.7k heal, higher scaling with vengence then, but the dodge is kinda meh.

The Ticking Ebon Detonator is probably a BiS trinket, and if you want the extra crit/haste you can grab the Sigil or Talisman as I have a hard time accepting a mastery proc to be terribly awesome.

Curious if the Strength trinket granting 14%(may be off on that number) extra crit, haste, and master would give the same passive % increase for an agi wearer. One of those trinkets exist for casters and str users atm but no agi one in sight. Regardless could possibly be useful even if the str proc is useless for the passive bonus. *shrugs*

Not saying all these thoughts are accurate, but just things running through my head. Time and better ideas of what other gear and various encounter requirements for SoO will probably be a larger indication of what will be BiS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just listed Assuarance to have them all listed.

Not sure how good the Ticking Ebon Detonator is for either flavor of agility monk. The tooltip is screwed up now but it used to be every time you used an ability the agility would tick down. We generally gcd cap ourselves so our benefit from would be less than say, a rogue or a feral who have lots of free gcds. This is assuming it still ticks down upon ability usage, if it's time-based then yeah, definitely a good one.

Rook & Vial of living corruption seem to be niche trinkets for specific encounters.

Both Haromm's Talisman & Sigil of Rampage seem to be the best trinkets for damage depending on whether it's a cleave fight or not, so I guess my choice of trinkets would be RoRo + whichever one of the five previous trinkets best fits the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Both Haromm's Talisman & Sigil of Rampage seem to be the best trinkets for damage depending on whether it's a cleave fight or not, so I guess my choice of trinkets would be RoRo + whichever one of the five previous trinkets best fits the situation.
    You going to leave RoRo crit or mastery spec'd for 5.4 heroic progression? I guess normal is going to be kind of a joke at i550 day 1 =P
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I will be full mastery specced for progression. I expect to be approaching 70-75% stagger by the time we hit the hard bosses, with near physical immunity (roro or fort brew up) roughly 40% of the time.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2013-07-30 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Juggernaut's works for you? When I equip it the effect only lasts for 6 seconds then never appears again. D:

I was curious in regards to Ticking Ebon Detonator and after seeing this thread I checked it out. The proc chance seems to be lower than Renataki's and it doesn't tick down after each hit anymore. Now it works exactly as it "should be", being that it ticks down a stack each second for 20 seconds. The tooltip still says that it's supposed to tick down after 5.2 "something" (I'm guessing seconds), but it's probably worth considering now.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Wait, Juggernaut's works for you? When I equip it the effect only lasts for 6 seconds then never appears again. D:
    it's a bug, I've submitted a number of tickets/posts on the Eu PTR forum but it's still bugged after 3 patchs, although they've addressed the SERIOUS issues, like giving it a name and an icon .

once it's working again I think it could be a very nice addition to our trinket arsenal, the multistrike and cleave trinkets are also pretty fun, adding about 5% to our total damage on ST and AoE fights respectively.

As for actually USEFUL DR trinkets... myeh I'll leave that up to the clever people to work out .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, once the lifesteal trinket works, my personal opinion of trinkets follows:

DPS Trinkets:

Multistrike: I'd definitely appreciate this in a DPS oriented trinket build, the haste isn't the best thing in the world but I do want a little more haste in 5.4 anyway due to the eventual loss of our t15 4 set. No real defensive gain to be made from this though apart from resource generation (I already am at DW crit cap).

Cleave: This would simply be the AoE fight alternative to the multistrike trinket on fights with significant chances to use it. Crit instead of haste doesn't change that much now but I guess it's nice.

Reverse Renataki's: Now that this is a time-based proc instead of a "lose agi on ability usage" it has become far more attractive, and with base mastery it does contribute defensively in a world of crit caps. Agi is always a lovely stat to have as well due to the crit + dodge contribution.

Agi static + mastery proc: I like the static agi... but I hate defensive chance procs.

Tank Trinkets:

AoE reduction: Not sure about this, I'd have to look at fight mechanics that it affects in SoO to properly gauge it's strength, if it affects abilities such as Immerseus' tank targeted breath (which is a frontal cone) then it may have situational potential for progression.

Lifesteal: I'd love this on a progression fight where DPS isn't overly crucial to reducing raid damage/increasing success and tank damage is high. Doing say... 200k DPS (extremely conservative estimate for potential veng levels on 10 heroic SoO) I could expect 5.2k HPS when I'm not at 100% health, which isn't anything to scoff at and would go towards helping your healers out. From what I've tested of the whole 6 seconds that it is active it seems to damage the enemy for the small amount that it life steals as well, so it contributes a -small- amount of damage. Would have to clear normal mode on live before I can assess its potential for use on heroic. The dodge isn't as bad as people say either. I also like this as the benefits are both completely static.

Cooldown Recovery: Ehhhh, potential situational use with Guard/Fort on certain encounters, otherwise, I don't like this at all.

Hellscream's Hubris: On-Use crit is interesting at the least, but wasted on someone with crit cap.

Mastery+Dodge On Use: Ultimate physical defense trinket I guess, though I'd have to be really desperate to use this on 10 man. On use is nice.

Potential Trinket builds:

DPS Whore: Reverse Renataki + Cleave/Multistrike
    Defense Whore: Mastery+Dodge On Use + Lifesteal
    DPS/Defense Hybrid: Reverse Renataki + Lifesteal

What I'd probably do in practice as a 10 heroic monk:

Reverse Renataki's 24/7, with the 2nd slot traded between Lifesteal Vs. Cleave/Multistrike depending on tank damage/DPS requirements per fight. I'd keep Mastery+Dodge/AoE Reduction/Cooldown Recovery in my bags in case they become situationally relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just checked out ALL trinkets from Flaskataur, Esq.
    Some of them are interesting since they basically have the same proccs but different stats and weren't listed for my monk because they are Caster and Strength Melee trinkets.

1. Kardris' Toxic Totem Usually Caster Trinket
    Same as Haromm's Talisman but crit instead of haste (very nice)

2. Thok's Tail Tip Usually Strength Melee Trinket
    Currently 14% on the PTR. Though being a Strength Trinket, the flat crit damage, haste and mastery increase applies to all classes.

RoR is going to be a competitive trinket next tier because it's so versatile.

Have it proc crit on fights where tank survival isn't an issue.
    Have it proc Mastery with a Haste / Mastery build on tank killer bosses. 549 ilvl RoR proc rate is ~1.1 RPPM, so with a Haste / Mastery build you're looking at ~25-30% uptime on 100% Stagger.
    Last edited by NeverStop; 2013-07-31 at 02:18 AM.

...I already am at DW crit cap...
    I remember back in ICC days crit cap being every white swing hit is either crit or glancing.. after them saying that we'd never get back to those stats are we already there? or do you mean a different crit cap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    I remember back in ICC days crit cap being every white swing hit is either crit or glancing.. after them saying that we'd never get back to those stats are we already there? or do you mean a different crit cap?
    Yeah my combat table for autoattacks is almost completely crit/miss/glance, I'll get maybe 1-2 normal hits per fight on boss level targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonheroe View Post
    Yea for those using a crit build we are almost going to be forced into using 2H in SoO due to the crit cap on DW. There was some math done on this a few weeks back. Think the number is 59% crit for DW with 7.5/15 for hit and exp. If you have more than this...or you have procs that push you past this, those are wasted defensive stats since you are basically getting the most possible EB procs that you can have since every auto attack is either a crit, miss, or glance.

Well, once the lifesteal trinket works, my personal opinion of trinkets follows:
    Multistrike: I'd definitely appreciate this in a DPS oriented trinket build, the haste isn't the best thing in the world but I do want a little more haste in 5.4 anyway due to the eventual loss of our t15 4 set. No real defensive gain to be made from this though apart from resource generation (I already am at DW crit cap).
    I don't understand this comment. If you are crit-capped, haste is your best EB generation stat as you well get more of those crit-capped autos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste has a relatively poor rating to EB increase ratio (can't find exact #'s atm) if we are talking from a pure mitigation standpoint I would say Mastery is more valuable than Haste after the crit cap and if you want more DPS a trinket with a very strong pure DPS effect would be better than Haste as well.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

That's true, but that's not what you said, and has nothing to do with the crit cap that you brought up

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the more important point is that once you get in the 50-60% range crit really nosedives in usefulness as a defensive stat. Whenever you come off a tank swap you have 15 stacks...and by the time those are up you have 10+. Let's just say a tank swap occurs once a minute, in those scenarios you re going to have roughly 75% uptime on EB while you are tanking at the DW crit cap and no real ability to increase that any further. More haste for more EB in these circumstances is also almost entirely wasted since you simply can't consume them fast enough.

You are left with 2 options; either switch to a 2H and continue stacking crit to ridiculous levels, with many many wasted EB stacks, or keep your crit hovering around 50-59% (depending on your available procs) and then dump into mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Haste has a relatively poor rating to EB increase ratio (can't find exact #'s atm) if we are talking from a pure mitigation standpoint I would say Mastery is more valuable than Haste after the crit cap and if you want more DPS a trinket with a very strong pure DPS effect would be better than Haste as well.
    It's about 1/3 as effective as crit point for point Surreal.

RoRo Mastery + Utility. A lot of good trinkets to scoop up. Change per encounter. A lot of variety to choose from: just hope the drop rates are somewhat high.

Xpariah
    , Protection Warrior
    Xdh, Vengeance Demon Hunter
    Reckoning, Usually Recruiting
    YouTube & Twitch, Warrior & DH Tank PoV