Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Currently with the Temple of POWERBALL I've won 90% as ally. Only losses is when people in greens and not even crafted pvp wander in on our side and blizzard just happened to pick a horde premade for that game.

EoTS is similar for me, AV and IOC are bloodbaths with alliance loling their way to the final boss. The only ones where alliance truly struggles are CTF and capture and holds (and that stupid TF2 ripoff one that no alliance member seems to know how to play), which is funny because when they are combined into EOTS alliance does great...

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    this is 90 only. leveling brackets dont matter. Also battlegroups are all merged now for BGs. I have people from Bloodlust in my BGs and my Alliance characters arent in that battlegroup.
    All brackets matter. All of it matters.

I just figured out why there are so many bots Alliance side. My Warlock just hit 90 and been trying to grind out some honor for gear. My win rate is 12.5%...
    Not to appear to pile on, but your win rate doesn't equal your factions win rate. I PvP on Alliance and win over 50% of my games on my Resto Druid before cutting down on WoW due to a crazy work schedule.

Maybe you were just unlucky for a few nights, maybe you play at a weird time of the day or maybe it's sample size. But if you honestly think the overall win rate for Alliance is anywhere near 12% you just aren't being rational.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    All brackets matter. All of it matters.
    If that was true they'd actually balance those brackets. Things like warrior shield slam 2/3 shotting people is one of the common imbalances of lower level brackets. PvP is balanced around level 90.

There were some interesting statistics on this site a couple of years ago that showed that Alliance wins substantially more AVs than Horde (still very close like 55/45), so you can always wait for that cta to farm your honor.

Then again 12% win rate is ridiculously low so you must be doing something very wrong.

Both sides have bots btw, if you want to avoid them play another game or only do BGs during peak hours.

I just figured out why there are so many bots Alliance side. My Warlock just hit 90 and been trying to grind out some honor for gear. My win rate is 12.5% if you subtract AV and IoC. Since those arent related to PvP its only fair since we are talking about PvP here. Really? 12.5%? Where are all those "OMG stop crying about Alliance the win rates are 50:50" people cause you are just flat out wrong. 12% is not even close to 50% so where the hell do you get those made up numbers? In comparison my fresh Horde Monk has a win rate of 76% with around the same number of BGs done. So if you want to know why Alliance has so many bots its because no sane person wants to play through 1000 point loses and 4 caps all day long. If you want the bots to go away stop sucking so people will actually want to play their characters.
    I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't just merge random BGs and rated BGs (RBGs) back together. The personal rating in RBGs is an amazing tool to form PUG groups with, and the fact that the game tries to pit your team against another team with a similar rating works surprisingly well. I've noticed that there is about a 50/50 chance for my PUG teams to beat premades of a similar rating also, so I don't think PUGs vs. premades is a problem in that environment either.

I think this would solve most of the botting and AFKing problems. Just by putting a little effort in, you should be able to get your rating higher than the average bot or AFKer and hopefully won't get teamed with them anymore, etc.

The problem I see with random BGs currently, is that you never have any idea what you are going to get. Some teams are great, some are crappy. At least with the personal rating, you have a good chance to get a team that is similarly skilled as you on a more regular basis. Even as a bad player, I would much rather be teamed with (and against) other players that are similarly skilled as me as I learned.

Furthermore, the problem I have with continuing to manually form RBG PUG groups is that I usually spend about 80% of my time forming the group and only 20% of the time having fun in PvP. Whereas, when I queue for random BGs, I tend to queue for about 5% of the time and get to spend 95% of the time having fun in PvP.

So just to throw this out there. I'm 20 of 23 in CTA today. Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Otsoko View Post
    So just to throw this out there. I'm 20 of 23 in CTA today. Alliance.
    UNPOSSIBLE!

The OP used facts, numbers, statistics, spreadsheets, data and powerpoints to prove his point.

You must be lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is 90 only. leveling brackets dont matter. Also battlegroups are all merged now for BGs. I have people from Bloodlust in my BGs and my Alliance characters arent in that battlegroup.
    The system still preferentially matches people of the same server/battlegroup.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is undeniable proof. I did a BG the other day on my DK and we lost. We also had one bot on our team.

My conclusion is that the bot was on our team because Horde has a 0% chance to win (based on my one game) and that nobody would waste their time playing with a 0% win rate.

This is pure fact and has been reviewed by the scientific community for accuracy.

people bot because they don't like bgs and they don't want to grind honor mindlessly

I just figured out why there are so many bots Alliance side. My Warlock just hit 90 and been trying to grind out some honor for gear. My win rate is 12.5% if you subtract AV and IoC. Since those arent related to PvP its only fair since we are talking about PvP here. Really? 12.5%? Where are all those "OMG stop crying about Alliance the win rates are 50:50" people cause you are just flat out wrong. 12% is not even close to 50% so where the hell do you get those made up numbers? In comparison my fresh Horde Monk has a win rate of 76% with around the same number of BGs done. So if you want to know why Alliance has so many bots its because no sane person wants to play through 1000 point loses and 4 caps all day long. If you want the bots to go away stop sucking so people will actually want to play their characters.
    I'm guessing you have no idea what alpha and beta error refer to, nor do you know what p<0.05 means. Basically, your tiny little sample size is completely insufficient to draw conclusions about a population with normal distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Botting in bgs has a high risk of banning. I'd suggest you farm the Dominance Offensive rares that yield honor tokens ( they give 250 honor + guild perk + banner = @ 350-425? )
    That's how I geard my alt monk, with @ 45 of those tokens and some rbgs when the mobs were yet to spawn. But you're in for a bit of grinding tbh.
    Good luck on a full server...

if you want honor, go kill the rares in krasarang in your enemy factions base, its like 275 honor each.

Horde are the superior race. Working as intended

Deleted
    more like fact unless in some universe 12% is better than 76%
    And exactly how large of a sample is this based on? It's not even a large enough sample if you base this on 1000 BGs. You have to do statistics from tens of thousand BGs all played on different hours on different days.

YOUR experience isn't fact. There are millions of other players, many of which does BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    That is undeniable proof. I did a BG the other day on my DK and we lost. We also had one bot on our team.

My conclusion is that the bot was on our team because Horde has a 0% chance to win (based on my one game) and that nobody would waste their time playing with a 0% win rate.

This is pure fact and has been reviewed by the scientific community for accuracy.
    lol'd

Unfortunately, less... mentally capable people do not understand sarcasm and they will see your post as an insult. They will not understand what you're trying to say.

Run the ReFlex addon and it makes it easy to keep track of your win/loss record by battleground, HK.
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/refl...ound-historian

I've played hundreds of BGs at level cap on both factions and my experience is similar to what other people are saying. AV and IoC are the two BGs that alliance dominate (alliance have won 82% of AVs on my main and 85% of IoCs). The remaining BGs all go in the Hordes favor. ToK is a debacle. Probably the easiest BG strat/execution wise but when that one pops I'm surprised any time it's not up against a Tich premade. My theory (key word 'theory' - I don't have any non-anecdotal evidence to back this up) is that Horde seem to be far more active in terms of setting up premades for regular BGs. The 10man BGs (and to a lesser extent 15mans) are easier to sway with a premade group. Using the oQueue addon there seem to be more groups going for random bg premades horde side than alliance, particularly on CTAs.

I can also see why people don't consider AV and IoC real PvP. AV you can ride from one end of the map to the other without much resistence. The number of times I've been in a win and scored less than 10hks is pretty telling. IoC can be the same (although not as bad), you can score some hks on afks or bads that are spawning in the horde keep as alliance, maybe a few at workshop, but without chasing kills a win without any actual pvp is more than possible. The smaller bgs don't seem to have that.

Having played both sides from Vanilla on it seems that horde has always been better in PvP other than a more even playing field in WoTLK into Cata a bit (just my experience) where it seemed a little more even but still tilted to the horde. I think with the horde racial advantages for PvP in Vanilla and horde being outnumbered by alliance it made them better at PvP which translated to everyone associating PvP with the horde so the better PvP players gravitated to horde. I am back playing on my alliance priest from my horde lock and it is a very noticeable difference especially on the weekends. Heck anyone with oQueue can track the wins and I have never seen alliance on top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Having played both sides from Vanilla on it seems that horde has always been better in PvP other than a more even playing field in WoTLK into Cata a bit (just my experience) where it seemed a little more even but still tilted to the horde. I think with the horde racial advantages for PvP in Vanilla and horde being outnumbered by alliance it made them better at PvP which translated to everyone associating PvP with the horde so the better PvP players gravitated to horde. I am back playing on my alliance priest from my horde lock and it is a very noticeable difference especially on the weekends. Heck anyone with oQueue can track the wins and I have never seen alliance on top.
    I have Oqueue and the wins are pretty much even, horde usually dominates smaller bg's and alliance dominates bigger bg's.
    Horde dominates usually around prime time (weekends + evenings) while alliance dominates on weekdays/latenights/early mornings.
    If you for example play alot of wsg during prime time ofc you get the feeling that horde dominates.

I've played 2110 bg's with 1205 wins so i don't feel horde is that much better in random bg's

A well thought out and well articulated argument. I have no counter-points.