Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most powerful villianous alien race?

As the title says, what fictional race would you consider the most powerful?

My vote? Our plunger-weilding mobile trash can Daleks. The Reapers from Mass Effect? Runners up, but I think the Daleks would kick their asses. (This isn't war, it is pest control!)
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Reapers hands down, followed by them Leviathans

Do the chaos gods/deamons from warhammer 40k count as a race? Because if so I'd vote them.
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

This question can be answered by the Kardashev Scale.

The answer is, anything in category 4. Any race or entity that can redefine the universe in a way that makes you dead or non-exist, wins.
    Ori, Startrek Q, Timelords, various gods and all that mess.

Alternatively, any beings made of anti-matter. The results of first contact would wipe out solar systems. Though I'm not sure that would qualify as villainous as much as accidental.

I enjoy the more subtle villainous races. Like the silence. Any half-assed xenomorph wannabe can pose a threat to humanity. It takes a little more skill to do something with that power.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

This is actually kind of a difficult question for me. Individual members of certain races are so powerful I could make a fairly strong argument for them being able to beat nigh-omnipotent godlike entities, for example, Darkseid. But the average New God from Apokolips isn't THAT strong and would lose to a lot of stuff, omnipotence or not.

I would say a lot of stuff from DBZ, but most of the more powerful beings either aren't aliens technically, or they're not villains, so they don't really count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probaly Khaak....they kill every living thing on sight.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Well in stages.

Cybermen & Daleks both type 4 civilizations, both capable of time travel. Cybermen beaten by mere humans, Deleks never actually get beaten. However, they might not be the most powerful. They achieve victory by conversion and numbers.

For Raw Power Nothing Beats Chaos from 40k, even the Tyranid couldn't stand up against Chaos, but strangle Humans can hold back the power of Chaos and Tyranids.

So then we look at Reapers, forgetting the last 15 mins of the series, they are a true type 4 race of machine intelligence. Had they had the motivation they could have gone Universal much like the Daleks and the Cybermen. So really they can stand near the top of any list of powerful aliens.

Also we have the Flood from Halo, now they are scary and creepy, but it seems to me they would be easy to eradicate if identified early.

So my list:

11: Xenomorph
    10: the Thing
    9: Species 8472
    8: Borg
    7: Flood
    6: Cybermen
    5: Tyranids
    4. Reapers
    3: Daleks
    2:Choas
    Winner: Time Lord

10+ Year Old Account
    everything in the warhammer 40k universe. excluding maybe the tau and eldar / dark eldar (lack of numbers).

from those most likely all of the chaos and the tyrannides (it is hard to get an exact power lvl as most of their might is hidden in the warp / the void beyond the galaxy).

up to now i have not encountered a more powerfull alien race.

the necrons could perhaps compete ... i lack in the information department to meassure their might properly.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2013-08-01 at 01:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the Sayians... look how ridiculous Goku&Vegeta are and apply that to everyone xD a single individual could erradicate everything in existence... good thing they are all dead except for the good ones xD

Quote Originally Posted by Sharde View Post
    everything in the warhammer 40k universe. excluding maybe the tau and eldar / dark eldar (lack of numbers).

from those most likely all of the chaos and the tyrannides (it is hard to get an exact power lvl as most of their might is hidden in the warp / the void beyond the galaxy).

up to now i have not encountered a more powerfull alien race.

the necrons could perhaps compete ... i lack in the information department to meassure their might properly.
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/New_Gods_%28New_Earth%29

Darkseid alone could solo the 40k universe.

The Q are the winner hands down, nothing can kill one but one. They can do w/e they like and you can't stop em.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    the Sayians... look how ridiculous Goku&Vegeta are and apply that to everyone xD a single individual could erradicate everything in existence...
    Average Saiyans weren't that strong. Raditz was an average warrior class Saiyan. Vegeta was a super elite, with a power level of only 18,000. Their most powerful super elite was only strong enough to destroy planets. The Saiyan race wasn't anything like Goku and Vegeta later on in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    The Q are the winner hands down, nothing can kill one but one. They can do w/e they like and you can't stop em.
    Yeah, the Q were the first to come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    Yeah, the Q were the first to come to mind.
    Yep..but thinking about it the Q aren't really "evil" Like the OP wants. The Q are just assholes lol. But if they were to go evil they would be #1 on the list.

"Q" from Star Trek, then Borg then Zerg. Every one else after that is fighting for scraps off the big boys table.

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Yep..but thinking about it the Q aren't really "evil" Like the OP wants. The Q are just assholes lol. But if they were to go evil they would be #1 on the list.
    I'd argue that Darkseid could beat the Q. During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, there was a being called the Anti-Monitor, (the Monitor of the negative energy universe) that launched an all out assault on the multiverse. The DC universe was composed of an infinite number of universes, and the Anti-Monitor blew up all but 5 of them. Yes, he subtracted from infinity and got a whole number.

Anyway, God, (like, the literal Christian god) got annoyed at the Anti-Monitor fucking up his multiverse, so he sent the Spectre, (God's wrath and vengeance given form) and the Spectre, fully empowered by God, punched the Anti-Monitor in the face and the shockwave from this was so powerful it shattered dimensions and was felt throughout the remaining cosmos including heaven and the Fourth World. The Spectre was put into a death-like state from the backlash. The Anti-Monitor was knocked out for a couple of minutes, afterwards, he was totally fine.

Later in the story, when the Anti-Monitor was about to win and wipe out all of reality, Darkseid, having come to the realization that the destruction of reality would kill him too, decides to intervene. All the way from his throne on Apokolips, in a different dimension, he fired his Omega Beams and almost completely destroyed the Anti-Monitor's body, weakening him enough that Superman, (the one from Earth 2, the really weak one from 1939-1956) was able to finish him off in one punch.

Darkseid is powerful enough to effortlessly defeat an entity capable of wiping out reality itself, an entity that God himself couldn't destroy even by fully empowering his avatar. Yes, that makes close to zero sense at like 10 points, but hey, that's DC for you.

Vashta Nerada

then Daleks
    or the wraiths from SG atlantis

i dont even know anymore
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I'd argue that Darkseid could beat the Q. During the Crisis on Infinite Earths, there was a being called the Anti-Monitor, (the Monitor of the negative energy universe) that launched an all out assault on the multiverse. The DC universe was composed of an infinite number of universes, and the Anti-Monitor blew up all but 5 of them. Yes, he subtracted from infinity and got a whole number.

Anyway, God, (like, the literal Christian god) got annoyed at the Anti-Monitor fucking up his multiverse, so he sent the Spectre, (God's wrath and vengeance given form) and the Spectre, fully empowered by God, punched the Anti-Monitor in the face and the shockwave from this was so powerful it shattered dimensions and was felt throughout the remaining cosmos including heaven and the Fourth World. The Spectre was put into a death-like state from the backlash. The Anti-Monitor was knocked out for a couple of minutes, afterwards, he was totally fine.

Later in the story, when the Anti-Monitor was about to win and wipe out all of reality, Darkseid, having come to the realization that the destruction of reality would kill him too, decides to intervene. All the way from his throne on Apokolips, in a different dimension, he fired his Omega Beams and almost completely destroyed the Anti-Monitor's body, weakening him enough that Superman, (the one from Earth 2, the really weak one from 1939-1956) was able to finish him off in one punch.

Darkseid is powerful enough to effortlessly defeat an entity capable of wiping out reality itself, an entity that God himself couldn't destroy even by fully empowering his avatar. Yes, that makes close to zero sense at like 10 points, but hey, that's DC for you.

Only thing i can say is Q is Q and there are many of them.