Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It is? Weird, it drops like every other world boss when I go do it with the zerg.
    The trick is to get it going with a zerg. There is a lot more work getting "ready" with the pre event. I also know that I spend a lot of time downed/dead in Karka as an engineer, even with the pre-events and the Karka queen. Those Karkas hit hard. The same definitely doesn't happen with any of the other world events. I am not saying that it's exceptionally tough (unless you have a small group), just that it's tougher than the other events. It was only really done often when the +MF % was active in Karkaville.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by nottashot View Post
    I really enjoy long farming for gear/titles/skills, example: kill 300 of this to unlock this title, or this weapon skin. (like traits from LOTRO if firmiliar with that) Is there any of this at end game?
    Gear farming is relatively minimal, unless you're going for specific weapon/armor skins and/or legendaries. There's plenty of titles to chase within the game considering it's age. Achievement point thresholds now unlock unique weapon/armor skins that (afaik) are unobtainable any other way.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It is? Weird, it drops like every other world boss when I go do it with the zerg.
    The karka queen itself isn't hard or complicated. It's just that the events leading up to it are more involved. So really it gets ignored because people will gravitate towards things of the less work involved, path of least resistance.

  4. #24
    Where's this at? I haven't been playing much in the last few months. I feel like I need to check this out now though.

  5. #25
    Field Marshal Killilth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    There are definitely titles (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Title) you can work for and achievements. The legendary is a lot of work. I will probably only get mine some time next year. I was lucky enough to get a precursor drop the other day but there is a lot needed to get one.

    The biggest piece of advice I can give is don't rush leveling. Enjoy it. Try and get map completion on each zone. Also, if you like a challenge, try out some of the jumping puzzles, they can be a lot of fun.
    Seems like alot of the titles are PvP focused?

  6. #26
    There's more PVP title tracks, but more PVE titles available that you can switch between. You have a PVP title track for each profession and then a title track for kills or WvWvW points. Like PVP ranks, those go up and one replaces the other. Meanwhile, you have a ton of PVE titles from Holidays, the Living World, Dungeon Mastery, Exploration, and so on. So I have 18 titles and only two of those are PVP titles. Some of those are PVE, many are from Hall of Monuments, and the rest are begotten via PVX.

  7. #27
    Living world story and AP have replaced the gear grind.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The karka queen itself isn't hard or complicated. It's just that the events leading up to it are more involved. So really it gets ignored because people will gravitate towards things of the less work involved, path of least resistance.
    I soloed the pre event for the foulbear chieftain META boss. I had no idea I was even doing a pre event for a meta boss. All of a sudden I'm soloing him when 50 people show up and I go WTF.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    Living world story and AP have replaced the gear grind.
    Not really. No chapter of the Living Story needs to be completed nor any amount of Achievement Points need to be earned to unlock the next content.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  10. #30
    The karka queen itself isn't hard or complicated. It's just that the events leading up to it are more involved. So really it gets ignored because people will gravitate towards things of the less work involved, path of least resistance
    Well yeah, no one likes mindless chores. That's not really what was said initially though, with the suggestion that somehow players don't like challenges.

    There's a big difference between content that's a challenge and content that's just gated behind mindless chores and time.

    Granted, some people hate challenges and somehow equate "time spent" with aptitude or effort or something, and that's perplexing to me. But that's not really the topic here.

  11. #31
    Field Marshal Killilth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    73
    When can you start the legendary skin farming, what does the farming type consist of?

  12. #32
    You need a Gift of Mastery, a Gift of Fortune, a Legendary Weapon Gift (varies depending on what weapon you want), and a Precursor.

    Each of those has their own way of forming them. A basic overview would be to visit the wiki

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

    It's a long process (unless you have a lot of gold, then you can just buy it). To start it is just to play your character and get 100% map completion. A lot of the other stuff can be gotten through just that. Once you have that done then you can see what else you need.

  13. #33
    Field Marshal Killilth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You need a Gift of Mastery, a Gift of Fortune, a Legendary Weapon Gift (varies depending on what weapon you want), and a Precursor.

    Each of those has their own way of forming them. A basic overview would be to visit the wiki

    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

    It's a long process (unless you have a lot of gold, then you can just buy it). To start it is just to play your character and get 100% map completion. A lot of the other stuff can be gotten through just that. Once you have that done then you can see what else you need.
    If i was to focus on say the 1handed axe, would I have to do the legendary stuff x 2 if I wanted to dual wield it or just one time?

    Can you only do one legendary or if Im crazy can I do more?

  14. #34
    You can do as many legendarys as you want. But I don't think you realize how much is involved into getting just one. I would recommend getting just 1 axe and then find another axe that looks cool for your 2nd.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by nottashot View Post
    If i was to focus on say the 1handed axe, would I have to do the legendary stuff x 2 if I wanted to dual wield it or just one time?

    Can you only do one legendary or if Im crazy can I do more?
    I have played this game since a few days after launch and I was lucky enough to get a precursor drop last week. I have put in about 1000 hours and it's the first one I have seen. I am at 60% odd map completion and will need to focus a bit on that now. The rest of the mats for a legendary are quite extreme. You need a combination of gold, farmed mats and skill points.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •