Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Inb4 Jaina proudmoore as new warchief for horde

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    But then no more BG. Not exactly a bad thing. Older BGs should be retired with decisive victors in their outcomes written as canon lore. Gilneas should be of primary interest; no one has given a damn about Stromgarde for 20+ years.
    That Battleground is happening on the outskirts of Gilneas. I'd be happy with the forsaken supposedly "raiding" some boonies stretch of Gilnean countryside for the foreseeable future if it means the Worgen retake Gilneas city.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    Small steps grass hopper, maybe we use that as a foot hold to retake Gilneas. It's all heavy surrounded my the forsaken. Stromguarde is a nice start.
    Sadly, Blizzard's "small steps" take a few years to get through. And they tend to not-disfavor the Forsaken...
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Behind her rifle, in that tree you just passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That Battleground is happening on the outskirts of Gilneas. I'd be happy with the forsaken supposedly "raiding" some boonies stretch of Gilnean countryside for the foreseeable future if it means the Worgen retake Gilneas city.
    I think it'd make fr a great revamped starting zone, where you kill off Forsaken incursions but that'd require a zone revamp, and one where you don't get shipped off to Darnassus as soon as your Gilnean adventure comes to a close. Since that's out of the question, and the BG is still in play (along with Fangs of the Father Questline) I don't see Gilneas being returned anytime soon, though it should. It's a shame Orgrimmar gets a facelift once more after Garrosh but the rest of the world isn't considered worth being shown in a post-Garrosh context -.-
    If it's not an elf, leave it on the shelf.
    Night Elf Independence Movement

"So, just to be clear, there is currently nothing related to Stromgarde in production."

Pretty much wraps it up.

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Yeah except Stromgarde has exactly zero interesting lore implications for even a patch, much less an entire expansion.
    It's the ancestral homeland of the Humans, as it's the seat of Arathor. It has substantial significance for the Human and Forsaken factions, as it is essentially their heritage; Forsaken are formerly from Lordereon and Humans, the playable ones, are from Azeroth (New Stormwind). Ever since it was mentioned that Varian would have to go through the High King trials, it was speculated that retaking Stromgarde could have been one of his trials, perhaps proving that he is worthy in the eyes of his own race before going on to prove himself in the eyes of his Allies.

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    And yet the diehard human fans can't stop foaming at the mouth at slightest mention of the bloody ruin.
    Probably about as much as any diehard forsaken fan gushes at the mere mention of Sylvanus.
    "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    And yet the diehard human fans can't stop foaming at the mouth at slightest mention of the bloody ruin.

Well it's out there. It's hard to NOT ignore it and in fairness I don't foam at the mouth of it. At most, my mind lights up. Still I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets a boner when they hear Stromgarde.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

It could play a bigger role in the next expansion / alliance war effort.

We have already been informed by ghostcrawler that the ending of siege will highlight the growing tension between Jaina and Varian,
    With regards to the alliances approach to dealing with the horde menace. This scenario could be used to relocate Dalaran and create a new alliance foothold in the north.

What's with all these people dismissing Stromguarde as irrelevant? It's a major fortified city that has been in the game since WCII and would make for a fine staging point north of the Thandol span. I'm not even an alliance player and Stromguarde gives me the jollies. It's also adjacent to Dun Garok- a subterranean tunnel could connect the two and act as a fine passage of entrance into the Hillsbrad foothills for lowbie alliance players (as well as being a badass dwarf fortress).

At the moment, the Alliance outpost in the Arathi Highlands is literally a hole in the ground.

Danath Trollbane is of the very same house Trollbane of Stromgarde. Oh my how kickass it would be to have Danath Motherfucking Trollbane seated on the recaptured and renovated Stromgarde Throne. From a lore perspective, it'd be nice to have a human capital as separate from Stormwind, for the displaced humans of former Lordaeron and surrounds. Because as it stands, the Stormwind claim to Lordaeron is a tenuous one. Stromguard could be a rallying point for those humans who didn't become forsaken, those humans who wish to fight against their risen countrymen to take the northern EK for the living.

Did any of you play WCII? Stromguarde was badass in that game. I iterate again, as an avid horde fan, an major Alliance push into the Northern EK would be awesome. Give me battlefield Lordaeron! Let the Alliance attack from Southern and Western staging points in Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and Stromguard.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    What's with all these people dismissing Stromguarde as irrelevant? It's a major fortified city that has been in the game since WCII and would make for a fine staging point north of the Thandol span. I'm not even an alliance player and Stromguarde gives me the jollies. It's also adjacent to Dun Garok- a subterranean tunnel could connect the two and act as a fine passage of entrance into the Hillsbrad foothills for lowbie alliance players (as well as being a badass dwarf fortress).

At the moment, the Alliance outpost in the Arathi Highlands is literally a hole in the ground.

Danath Trollbane is of the very same house Trollbane of Stromgarde. Oh my how kickass it would be to have Danath Motherfucking Trollbane seated on the recaptured and renovated Stromgarde Throne. From a lore perspective, it'd be nice to have a human capital as separate from Stormwind, for the displaced humans of former Lordaeron and surrounds. Because as it stands, the Stormwind claim to Lordaeron is a tenuous one. Stromguard could be a rallying point for those humans who didn't become forsaken, those humans who wish to fight against their risen countrymen to take the northern EK for the living.

Did any of you play WCII? Stromguarde was badass in that game. I iterate again, as an avid horde fan, an major Alliance push into the Northern EK would be awesome. Give me battlefield Lordaeron! Let the Alliance attack from Southern and Western staging points in Gilneas, Kul Tiras, and Stromguard.
    Did you? Stromgarde (Not Stromguard, not Stormgarde, not Stormguard) was in a few missions, one of them even involved razing the entire island. (Yes it was an island in Warcraft 2).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Was Theramore scenario also some kind of test?
    http://www.adriacraft.net :: Adriatic Blizzard Community Fansite
    Twitter: @Stiven_SRB

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Except that won't happen.
    Except that is your opinion and that might be wrong. We don't know. But there are hints.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Did you? Stromgarde (Not Stromguard, not Stormgarde, not Stormguard) was in a few missions, one of them even involved razing the entire island. (Yes it was an island in Warcraft 2).
    Eat a schlong, I mistyped the name. Razing Stromgarde was epic- their soldiers were also a major faction (red?) in alliance forces.

Why should the Alliance attack Kul Tiras? I mean Kul Tiras is basically Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Was Theramore scenario also some kind of test?
    Yes it was Garrosh tested his new mana bomb there

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Why should the Alliance attack Kul Tiras? I mean Kul Tiras is basically Alliance.
    Kul Tiras would make a fine staging point for the Alliance against Horde positions in the Eastern Kingdoms. Attack from Kul Tiras.

The Insane
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eat a schlong, I mistyped the name. Razing Stromgarde was epic- their soldiers were also a major faction (red?) in alliance forces.
    You mistyped it over and over, then it's not a mistype anymore. And yes, they were the Red Humans, and no they weren't really a major faction, you just fought them during the 4 missions which were Chapter 2.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

To hell with that. Genn Greymane and the Alliance should just straight-up retake Gilneas.
    It wont stay in the hands of alliance for too long, since it is located in the horde controlled territory. If they decide to make an alliance capital right next to the horde one, they I say they make a similar thing in Loch Modan for example for the horde. Looks stupid, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You mistyped it over and over, then it's not a mistype anymore. And yes, they were the Red Humans, and no they weren't really a major faction, you just fought them during the 4 missions which were Chapter 2.
    *misspelled, then. Clearly never played the game.

I don't care what everyone says, i love stromgarde keep!
    My personal opinion is that they used old zone + scenario with means in my opinion of course that this is the best scenario yet! =)
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

To hell with that. Genn Greymane and the Alliance should just straight-up retake Gilneas.
    Yup, they said BACK IN CATACLYSM that we wouldn't leave Kezan to the memory and they had plans to revisit that in the future. And Gilneas is a Huge Map that is a ghost territory right now, a complete waste of a good resource.

Chances are way greater that Goblins and Worgen are to receive proper territories before something as deprecated and with no valuable resources as Stromgard is used. Stromgard would serve only as a mental masturbation to SOME alliance players with ego problems.

Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton