Lock Tanking in flex 10-15 man

Hello, I made an account after reading some of the threads on here and everyone seems very knowledgeable and friendly, so ill go ahead and ask this. I'm currently level 70 on my warlock, I main a prot pally, and was wondering if it is viable to main tank as a warlock in 5.4?

I've seen a few ways that the whole taunting tank swap could be worked around with demonic gateway. Also kinda of sucks they are taking out soul harvest. But I really want to do this and would appreciate and and all advice of personal experience on the matter. I'm also looking for a good lock tank weak aura's set if anyone knows of one. Thank you for your time.

Deleted
    You can be crit. You get no vengeance. Answer is no, you cant tank worth a damn.

You can be crit. You get no vengeance. Answer is no, you cant tank worth a damn.
    Untrue, Glyph of Demon Hunting could let you tank it if its easy enough.
    Last edited by zethh; 2013-07-31 at 06:42 AM.

I can't say with any certainty, but I'm fairly certain that warlocks would probably run into threat issues in an actual raid (as in, full buffs, high ilvl). They also don't get vengeance.

You might be able to make it work, but it won't be easy or preferable.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Warlock tank exists. But they are somehow limited in raid environement :

They have no taunt. So, they can get hit without dying, they do a lot of damage, have a lot of survival CD, but when it comes to "Tank swapping" they can loose agro by using their portal but they cannot regain it later on the fight, unless the other tank drop his agro table.

So, no guild takes warlock tanking seriously, and we can't say they are wrong.
    People still do it for fun, actually, but mainly in LFR. So in Flex..Well they WILL try.
    Last edited by Shauni; 2013-07-31 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the taunt they have cant taunt boss level mobs and they'd fail on trash that is higher level (or chance of)
    Sparkuggz and others have done it before, but it'd have to be really organized.

I wouldn't try, cant people just let this crap die? We're pure DPS that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    You know what really makes MMORPG fun ? Thinking outside of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by pvw1075 View Post
    the taunt they have cant taunt boss level mobs and they'd fail on trash that is higher level (or chance of)
    Sparkuggz and others have done it before, but it'd have to be really organized.

Why would we let it die? Blizzard have given us most of the tools to try it. So why not? Me i would love the idea of a cloth tank.
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    You know what really makes MMORPG fun ? Thinking outside of the box.
    everything has it's limitations. People have thought outside the box. It'd been discusses countless times.

I won't be a downer any longer. Forgive me. But reading these is just like beating a dead horse.

Good luck to the people who try, may the repair bills not be insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He was just surprised that demons can also summon you.
    That's a soviet russia of dark magic right here.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ldemort/simple

They have no taunt.
    Yes they do. Soulshatter turns into a taunt.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Yes they do. Soulshatter turns into a taunt.
    Doesn't work on raid bosses

Doesn't work on raid bosses
    Well I'll be damned. You're right. Now that is just the dumbest shit ever lol.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...