Poll: How many childrendo you think you will have?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd say personally, it is way too early to say anything for certain, but what I consider the ideal would be 2 children. While the thought of raising a child seems a bit overwhelming and not something I feel like I'm ready to devote my life to, I do feel obligated to do it by the community and the state. While I consider myself more anti-nationalistic in general, it's still a duty to keep the generations going. Since the amount of children needed to keep the population stable is 2,1 per woman, I feel like 2 is a good number.

I really doubt I'll ever (want to) get married, though. I don't think it's a necessity in today's society, and I have no religious beliefs that would drive me to get married. On the off chance of finding a girlfriend who really wants to get married (for religious beliefs), I'll do it for her sake.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
    No children for me. I don't want family commitments and I certainly won't be getting married.
    pretty much my sentiments, mate.

Deleted
    I have a 4 year old boy and a 2 year old girl so I win at the life - go team me!

Quote Originally Posted by CptMitta View Post
    Implying I will ever have a girlfriend at all.
    In the same boat as you. That's a pretty big implication.

1) Didn't I already have a thread on this topic?

2) Why is having children predicated by being engaged?

Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    2) Why is having children predicated by being engaged?
    Agreed, it's usually the other way around, amirite?!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this? I am genuinely curious.
    I don't have legal access to a womb

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so....I have always wanted to be a father LOL.

And I unno how many kids

I'll let life decide that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    It's not, really. I guess in some cultures it is something that is highly wanted. I think it may be the old stigma of parents not wanting their daughters to become pregnant out of wedlock. Usually kids are taught to date, marry, then have kids. I think nowadays that mindset is beginning to die out more and more.
    I meant specifically in regards to the poll. The first two options seem... off.

I mean, if it's just how many kids, why not just merge the two into "0"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, I'll have children. When I can find a lady whom I love who also loves me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Option 7, undecided.

At my age, at this point I don't know, and I'm not one of those women who wants a kid just because I want a kid or act like it's wanting a pet just because... I more or less feel like not wanting one (esp after working in a clothing store for 5 1/2 years >.<) unless I'm actually with someone who I do want one with. Currently existing in the not much interest category, though that could change if someone came along that caused me to feel differently, so... undecided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully someday I will. I don't have very good luck with women but I'm hoping someday I'll find a girl cool enough to be with me and to have a kid or two with. I would be content with just one kid but if my partner wants two I'll accept that but no more than two. Kids are expensive.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    If you don't have children you'll be free loading off other peoples children as you suck on the government money teet when you're no longer working and need government assistance which 99% of the population will. You don't pay enough taxes while you work to cover what you'll take from the government later.
    How horrifying that people make children for this reason. And then you wonder why the world is demented.

The state is obliged to take care of the elderly, since they worked and payed taxes most of their life. The fact that they worked is more important than the fact that they payed taxes.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-08-01 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    would not want to bring a child into this world without being completely and totally finical secure. By which I mean a Fully Paid for home, debit free, and enough money to make sure that I am able to fully support the child.

Poll options don't really fit for me. I am married and want zero kids. Why? Simply have no desire to have any and I am happy and fulfilled with the life my husband and I have together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It depends how successful I am in my efforts to ejaculate on the toilet seats in the women's washroom at Walmart.
    Ewwwww... This approach won't work anyhow, most women's bathrooms are gross enough anyhow that the majority won't touch the toilet with anything more than a foot to flush it. The seat, forget it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe some day. But the children most likely won't be biologically related to me so adoption is the answer. But I'm not ready for children in a long time.