Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    The Conclusion of Wrathion's Legendary Tale [Spoilers]

    old news, I know, but I was just thinking about wrathion's 5.4 soundfiles and it hit me:

    Wrathion's Legendary tale ends like this: Things don't go as he wanted, he starts complaining and than he gets scolded by the tavern's waiter, Tong. Wrathion than throws a tantrum, breaks everything and runs away.

    I expected more. I sincerely expected more. Wrathion keeps a box in the tavern. did we ever learn what was inside that box? maybe some dragon eggs, or some superweapon, or some dragon egg super weapons? the titan tech that made him uber strong? his toys? anything?

    usually I'm not a hater or a QQer, but I sincerely was expecting something to happen at the end of this.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    old news, I know, but I was just thinking about wrathion's 5.4 soundfiles and it hit me:

    Wrathion's Legendary tale ends like this: Things don't go as he wanted, he starts complaining and than he gets scolded by the tavern's waiter, Tong. Wrathion than throws a tantrum, breaks everything and runs away.

    I expected more. I sincerely expected more. Wrathion keeps a box in the tavern. did we ever learn what was inside that box? maybe some dragon eggs, or some superweapon, or some dragon egg super weapons? the titan tech that made him uber strong? his toys? anything?

    usually I'm not a hater or a QQer, but I sincerely was expecting something to happen at the end of this.
    Wrathion is not done.

    Also, PTR.

    No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Wrathion is not done.

    Also, PTR.
    wrathion isn't done, but the expansion is. I've been staring at that box since 5.0 and I still don't know what's inside
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Noah37's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Athens, Georgia
    Posts
    746
    My theory is that Wrathion will play a big role in the Pre-Next Expansion event that goes on.

  5. #5
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,174
    I kinda liked it; for all his dreams of grandeur, he is still a teenager, and a bratty one at that.

    He is still a mayor player in the conflict, and I hope that when he comes back (cause he will) he does with an understanding of what The celestials, and Tong, have told him. He needs to be more humble, but I don't think he should be forced to.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    wrathion isn't done, but the expansion is. I've been staring at that box since 5.0 and I still don't know what's inside
    I keep imagining Brad Pitt from Se7en.


    What's in the fucking box!?!?

    No, no don't wanna be a hipster but a big star
    And I wanna see my name tattooed where your tits are

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I've been staring at that box since 5.0 and I still don't know what's inside
    this is probably a win in blizzard's book. jus sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire grumpyoldman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I've been staring at that box since 5.0 and I still don't know what's inside
    A cat. It can be dead or alive.
    YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS!

    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    WoW was always pretty much He-Man regarding the story and the characters.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome drake741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Stormwind
    Posts
    584
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I kinda liked it; for all his dreams of grandeur, he is still a teenager, and a bratty one at that.

    He is still a mayor player in the conflict, and I hope that when he comes back (cause he will) he does with an understanding of what The celestials, and Tong, have told him. He needs to be more humble, but I don't think he should be forced to.
    I thought he was a toddler... Maybe it's like dog years?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    I keep imagining Brad Pitt from Se7en.


    What's in the fucking box!?!?
    That's me every time I'm in the tavern
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

  10. #10
    Titan Synthaxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    12,977
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldman View Post
    A cat. It can be dead or alive.
    We don't know what it is, unless we choose not to look at it, in which case we know it's probably both.
    Coder, Gamer - Thoughtcloud | Node.js Monkey | Supporter of error 418 (I'm a teapot)
    Knows: Delphi, PHP, WQL/SQL, Python, JS + jQuery, HTML + CSS, Ruby, Node.js (+ Express & Socket.io)

    PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Edward Newgate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    3,769
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    wrathion isn't done, but the expansion is. I've been staring at that box since 5.0 and I still don't know what's inside
    we probably get a patch 5.5 too, if there is something special in that box, then there is a chance we will see that at 5.5.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Mokoshne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    getting a coffee
    Posts
    3,894
    Wrathion will be back. Back from the future. (wut)
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week world cup soccer!

  13. #13
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    We don't know what it is, unless we choose not to look at it, in which case we know it's probably both.
    Schrödinger's cat, that's what it is.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I kinda liked it; for all his dreams of grandeur, he is still a teenager, and a bratty one at that.

    He is still a mayor player in the conflict, and I hope that when he comes back (cause he will) he does with an understanding of what The celestials, and Tong, have told him. He needs to be more humble, but I don't think he should be forced to.
    He's not even a teenager. He's 2. Even if he is a dragon, there's only so much mental development you can cram into a certain timeframe.

  15. #15
    I must be the only idiot who hasn't noticed the box yet. Anyone got a screenshot? I'm always too busy watching the RP Wrathion does to notice much else.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I kinda liked it; for all his dreams of grandeur, he is still a teenager, and a bratty one at that.

    He is still a mayor player in the conflict, and I hope that when he comes back (cause he will) he does with an understanding of what The celestials, and Tong, have told him. He needs to be more humble, but I don't think he should be forced to.
    Baby. Wrathion is nothing more than a BABY.

    Buu <= WHY I LOVE TO PLAY HUNTERS! => Pendleton

  17. #17
    So, Wrathion confirmed as future raid boss then.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    So, Wrathion confirmed as future raid boss then.
    Also, Half-Life 3.

    Am I doing this right?

    Question above was about where the box was - ground floor, to the right of where Wrathion started out sitting, there's a little area with a shade and guard(s).

  19. #19
    Don't jump to conclusions OP, Climax of the Wrathion story is probably goin to take place in 5.5 or in a pre-expansion event.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    we probably get a patch 5.5 too, if there is something special in that box, then there is a chance we will see that at 5.5.
    From the sound files, it sounds like he destroys the Tavern and everything in it. Which means the mystical magical box is also destroyed. (Presumably.)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •