Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

coming back to swtor

Hey there,

i used to play the beta but stopped playing 2 months after the game went live.
    now i have come back but i cant seem to choose between a assassin [dps] or Operative [dps]

i want to be dps mainspec i dont really care about the other spec :P
    i like both pve and pvp

what would be best?

sins have been in a good place for a long time. Ops recently had a patch and are now acceptable. Really just go with the play style you enjoy. stealth/burst for sin or ranged/consistent for op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like the Assassin more than the Op. For DPS you will have an easier time finding a group as an Assassin DPS too.

If you said scoundrel I would say go with scoundrel but since you said OP I would go with assassin. If you were a scoundrel you have a shotgun for those close encounters. Something about the BOOM of the shotgun and having them fall flat on their face to be so satisfying.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a literal conversation I had with one of my WoW guildmates that came over to SWTOR when I was playing a Scoundrel:

Me: Ha! This move makes the class.
    Friend: What is it?
    Me: You pull out a friggin Shotgun and shoot them in the back of the head. Its like a Backstab, but guess what its called.
    Friend: Uhhh..Back...Blast?
    Me: Haha! How did you know?
    Friend: ....

Deleted
    sorry but i wanna play empire :P i've played tepublic in the beta so i wanna see the other side

Both are enjoyable, but I think Operative/Scoundrel has the better level 51 move (roll forward, which can get boosted with nifty stuff in your skill tree) vs. a "use, then teleport back later" move.

Then again, the idea of a stealth Tank (Assassin's Darkness tree) is rather intriguing.

However, I've enjoyed playing both Deception (Assassin)/Infiltration (Shadow) and Concealment (Operative)/Scrapper (Scoundrel). Stealth classes ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    This is a literal conversation I had with one of my WoW guildmates that came over to SWTOR when I was playing a Scoundrel:

Me: You pull out a friggin Shotgun and shoot them in the back of the head. Its like a Backstab, but guess what its called.
    It really does. When I see a half dead guy, sneak behind him, use my Shoot First ability and go BOOM. All I'm thinking is "How do you like the sound of my BOOM STICK, sucker!" Sort of makes it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Dunno, operative/sniper on republic look so lame. Indiana jones wannabes.

Now Operative's stabs make an awesome sound and have cool animations - like a precise deadly surgical cuts. <3

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    Now Operative's stabs make an awesome sound and have cool animations - like a precise deadly surgical cuts. <3
    cant agree more... It was getting knife raped in PvP and constantly hearing those shnick thunk shink slice that got me to roll one lol. Dont pvp with him but MAN loving the sound affects.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    It really does. When I see a half dead guy, sneak behind him, use my Shoot First ability and go BOOM. All I'm thinking is "How do you like the sound of my BOOM STICK, sucker!" Sort of makes it worth it.
    I enjoyed using my Scoundrel the few times I went into the FFA PVP area for the Gree dailies. Stealth, load Flechette Round, then as soon as someone jumps another in my group, they're on the ground getting pounded.

And hey, he's not an Indiana Jones wannabe, he's goddamn Han Solo / Space Cowboy / Star Pimp. As opposed to my Operative, James goddamn Bond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post

And hey, he's not an Indiana Jones wannabe, he's goddamn Han Solo / Space Cowboy / Star Pimp. As opposed to my Operative, James goddamn Bond.
    Quality!!!

Nicked those quotes for my sig!
    Last edited by mmoc53c2ae6845; 2013-08-03 at 01:21 PM.

Add-ons and Macros in-game yet? It's been over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Nope and nope.

Never going to happen. So stop waiting for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlena View Post
    Never going to happen. So stop waiting for them
    I certainly hope this is the absolute truth.
    There are so many people asking for add-ons and macros on the forums, I fear that Bioware might give in at some point. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Cryshaelle View Post
    I certainly hope this is the absolute truth.
    There are so many people asking for add-ons and macros on the forums, I fear that Bioware might give in at some point. :s
    Hope so, their game is doomed until they do.

Pretty much nothing changed since I played in launch. Oh, they added LFG tool. That's about it from what I can tell. Was surprised about how abandoned this game is by devs.

Idev if your estimation of abandonment by devs is lack of add-ons and macros you sir are too far removed objectively, to even bother here. No disrespect intended but FIVE ops(granted 3 are bout useless now except for comms) FIVE new HMs (granted same FPs but hey they are gear farms) TWO NEW FPs a NEW ingame story/thing to do NEW companion ad something else ALL coming this Tuesday. FIVE daily hubs to keep you see you busy. Dont care much for PvP so cant comment there. the achive system aint all that much to talk bout either but I o like to go chive farming every now and again.

So yea this is just SOME of whats been going on since the first 6 months, but if you want to think its been abandoned by the devs all because they wont give your add-ond and macros your more than welcome to. I am HAPPY they have to add-ons or macros, it makes people WORK LOOK and LISTEN to whats going on in Ops and if you die well WORK LOOK LISTEN and you will live. But alas like Cryshaelle said I also fear BW will cave to the masses eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Idev if your estimation of abandonment by devs is lack of add-ons and macros you sir are too far removed objectively, to even bother here. No disrespect intended but FIVE ops(granted 3 are bout useless now except for comms) FIVE new HMs (granted same FPs but hey they are gear farms) TWO NEW FPs a NEW ingame story/thing to do NEW companion ad something else ALL coming this Tuesday. FIVE daily hubs to keep you see you busy. Dont care much for PvP so cant comment there. the achive system aint all that much to talk bout either but I o like to go chive farming every now and again.

So yea this is just SOME of whats been going on since the first 6 months, but if you want to think its been abandoned by the devs all because they wont give your add-ond and macros your more than welcome to. I am HAPPY they have to add-ons or macros, it makes people WORK LOOK and LISTEN to whats going on in Ops and if you die well WORK LOOK LISTEN and you will live. But alas like Cryshaelle said I also fear BW will cave to the masses eventually.
    I mean when I look at WoW, especially when new expansion launches, I see quite some additions, class changes, etc. swtor just feel the same as I left it. :P