Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    So let me get this straight, sac is going to be useless for affliction come 5.4?

    Not only are they nerfing the two spells that it currently gives 30% better damage to, but for added fun they decided to make the 30% a crappy 20%. Right now it makes MG do 65% of your dot damage per tick rather than 50, and makes DS do 130% instead of 100%. It's already in its current iteration worse than supremacy except in purely single target fights.

    Now that MG and DS will only tick for 30 and 60 without sac, with sac it'll only increase MG/DS to a measly 36/72%. Am I missing something or is this going to make it a very large dps loss in all situations, or did something else besides it not effecting drain life and being lowered from 30% to 20% happen?

    If this is the case, all I have to say is wow. Look, I get Blizz wants locks to be pet classes. I always use sac unless it's progression content and don't mind it being a bit lower than supremacy.(though I wouldn't mind stepping back in time to when it was 50%...) But why make it a massive dps loss? The only people it satisfies are the "LOCKS HAVE PETS DEAL WITH IT!!!" wrathbabies who probably don't know you could sac your pet for a good amount of vanilla and TBC.
    Last edited by Genooo; 2013-07-31 at 03:35 PM.

  2. #2
    MG/DS have been nerfed, because the DoTs themselves have been buffed.
    GoSac has been nerfed, because blizz wants us to play with pets and its scaling is percental. The more stats/rating you have, the better it is. They simply want to avoid the problem of GoSac scaling too hard at the end of the expansion. It's most likely going to be significantly less strong than supremacy as soon as 5.4 hits, but as your gear increases, GoSac's damage bonus increases.

    Oh and btw.. locks have pets. Deal with it.

  3. #3
    Blademaster Hurtlocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I'm in the bathroom, I'll be right out.
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    MG/DS have been nerfed, because the DoTs themselves have been buffed.
    GoSac has been nerfed, because blizz wants us to play with pets and its scaling is percental. The more stats/rating you have, the better it is. They simply want to avoid the problem of GoSac scaling too hard at the end of the expansion. It's most likely going to be significantly less strong than supremacy as soon as 5.4 hits, but as your gear increases, GoSac's damage bonus increases.

    Oh and btw.. locks have pets. Deal with it.
    This and...

    Sorry for bringing up old question, but why is Grimoire of Sacrifice in locks talent trees if we are to always use pets? I like Sac speccing
    Locks are pet classes. It's fine for Grimoire of Sacrifice to let you opt out of that, as long as not every lock takes Grimoire of Sacrifice. (Taken from a tweet by GC).

    Blizz still wants talents to be optional.

  4. #4
    The Patient Slowbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    The internet!
    Posts
    243
    Sigh, i hate the observer pet but im forced to use it outside demo
    I FUCKING HATE THAT MASS OF BLUE TENTACLES!
    Give me back my fel puppy!
    Hey! Hey! I think i found a rare candy!
    Huh?
    Congratulations, your Slowpoke has evolved into Slowbro!

  5. #5
    I never use the obserber, when I am forced to use supremacy I choose the fel imp because he's small, so I don't always notice him and I can pretend he doesn't exist.

    At least once i'm geared as hell sac will be viable again. Hope to god i have better luck this tier.

    How about instead of continually nerfing sac, how about buffing supremacy and making it scale better?
    Last edited by Genooo; 2013-07-31 at 08:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyy View Post
    Oh and btw.. locks have pets. Deal with it.
    Yet what about people who want to play the Dark Caster without being summoners?

  7. #7
    Brewmaster AutomaticBadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurtlocker View Post
    This and...

    Sorry for bringing up old question, but why is Grimoire of Sacrifice in locks talent trees if we are to always use pets? I like Sac speccing
    Locks are pet classes. It's fine for Grimoire of Sacrifice to let you opt out of that, as long as not every lock takes Grimoire of Sacrifice. (Taken from a tweet by GC).

    Blizz still wants talents to be optional.
    I get what you are saying but then make a glyph that allows us to sac the pet, and compensate us with whatever average % a pet gives, and get a new grimior that does something else like change the speed we generate our resources. I like being petless. They are the main reason it took me so long to return to my lock post TBC
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yet what about people who want to play the Dark Caster without being summoners?
    Fuck them. Locks are PET CLASSES. Why, you ask? Because that's just the way things are and if you don't like it go fuck yourself.

    note for the slow: sarcasm

    Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-31 at 08:52 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Fuck them. Locks are PET CLASSES. Why, you ask? Because that's just the way things are and if you don't like it go fuck yourself.

    note for the slow: sarcasm
    Indeed. It's not like they put any talents into the game that might lead someone to think otherwise...

    I will burn your soul.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Yet what about people who want to play the Dark Caster without being summoners?
    You playing the wrong class and probably wrong game
    Warlock / IA Operative / Wizard / Engineer

  11. #11
    sac and kiljaeden's

  12. #12
    Just an FYI for the uninformed, but we in fact do NOT have pets but minions. Pets implies a warm, caring bond between owner and pet. I am the MASTER of my demons, and I will use them to w/e ends I wish. I will force them to make war with their very own brethren if it pleases me, or I will sacrifice them to enhance my own personal store of power. THAT is what a warlock is......deal with it.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-31 at 10:06 PM.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    You playing the wrong class and probably wrong game
    Not sure if I disagree or not.

  14. #14
    Probably disagree, seeing as how Demonic Sacrifice has been a perfectly valid endgame play style since shortly after launch.

    If we're a "pet class" Blizzard has a funny way of showing it.

  15. #15
    Epic! Naztrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Nagrand Arena
    Posts
    1,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke View Post
    Sigh, i hate the observer pet but im forced to use it outside demo
    I FUCKING HATE THAT MASS OF BLUE TENTACLES!
    Give me back my fel puppy!
    I love the felpuppy so much that when I got a puppy my parents didn't let me to name him Felhunter
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

  16. #16
    calling locks a pet class is like calling a butcher an animal lover, warlocks are rather a "Minion" class, using that minion anyway they can for more power, unlike hunters that cares for their pet, so it makes sense that GoSac is there as a viable choice, sadly it isnt anymore, well maybe it will be like last this tier, where GoSac got a massive nerf, but with additional stats, GoSac would once again overtake the other grimoires but GoSac is utterly useless pre t16 now which is sad, it should atleast be an option.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    calling locks a pet class is like calling a butcher an animal lover, warlocks are rather a "Minion" class, using that minion anyway they can for more power, unlike hunters that cares for their pet, so it makes sense that GoSac is there as a viable choice, sadly it isnt anymore, well maybe it will be like last this tier, where GoSac got a massive nerf, but with additional stats, GoSac would once again overtake the other grimoires but GoSac is utterly useless pre t16 now which is sad, it should atleast be an option.
    So much this...

    And who are anyone to say anything about how I should play my warlock other than blizzard? And yet, they also should care what playerbase wants to do with their char. That's why they brought back sacrifice. We use our MINIONS w/e the way we please. We use their health or even kill them to shield us, we make them fight even if they want to go back to their own plane, or their hatred towards us (ie felguard, voidwalker dialogues).

    I also believe the nerfs are cause of our scaling issue with the talent. Maybe they should change sacrifice so that it gives us an additional DoT which can be used only on one target. Pets are kinda like one target dots already. So we trade our pets to get one dot.

  18. #18
    Pet class or no pet class, we need GoSac to be a competitive option for those fights where pets dont work properly (like alysrazor), in case they ever do such fights again.

  19. #19
    What if I want to be a DoT darkcaster but dont like pets? GoSaC should be normally viable and on par with the other Grimoire. Which I believe it will be when your stats improve on the gear.

  20. #20
    They give as a "demon free" talent and then they keep on nerfing it non stop, every patch, cause they want us to see the other talents as good options too.

    Well, why dont they buff the other talents so we can see them as good options?? Not talking about any Op buff, but make them more attractive, not just keep on non stop nerfing the other one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •