Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    You mean bad orcs destroyed everything and beat everyone
    Then the bad orcs turned on themselves and fell apart and the good humans barely won by luck.

I'd rather see something set in the 4 years between WC III and World of Warcraft myself.
    Yeah, I agree. That would have been a lot more interesting, because it would have been an original plot. There is nothing between that time, and a movie could have expanded upon it. Instead, we just get a retelling of the WC story here.

Also, it was very limited to what races are part the story in the WC1-2 era.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The first few Warcraft games, WC1, WC2 and Beyond the Dark Portal, have the best Alliance moments in them. In all of Warcraft. WoW will continue to be Horde-focused, leave us Alliance fans at least that.
    No, screw that. Why should half the playerbase be shoved aside because of alliance anxiety with the current games story? Thats poor taste.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    I actually read that the sky was green, which wouldn't really be Durotar.
    Okay, but whether or not it would be doesn't matter. The information we have specifically says that the area in which the human charges the orc is "the Barrens (sorry, Durotar/Barrens have been thrown around, but they're still both in Kalimdor).

My point stands, and I remain curious about how we'll have a movie focused around Medivh's/kadghar's story if we've got a tone piece set half-way across the world from them. If they say they're separating the movie lore, that's fine, but if we're going to be told a story we (most of us fans) know, I would like it set in the right locations. TLDR: You don't make a Spiderman Movie based with him in Los Angeles, Ca.

Lothar's going to be in the movie? I'll be seeing this movie in the theater. Possibly several times.

Isn't this just a movie version of one of the novels?

I can see they want to start the films with what's technically the start of Warcraft (this is essentially Warcraft 1)... but one of things I imagined would harm the success of the film is including too much magic - viewers who don't play Wow will just see it as cheesy, over-the-top fantasy. A film with Khadgar and Medivh as main characters will obviously be full of magic.

The success of the film depends on its reception by people who don't play Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    its also just a sellout to choosing a story for one faction alone. Sorry, but the early warcraft story arch was simply that, bad orcs beaten by good humans and good humans won. It feels like somthing that had to be told by example of showing something better.. but this.. they actually intend to show a full movie of this?

I'm not paying movie to see a movie thats at alliance pick me up, warcraft is far better then that.
    Sorry you can't accept the history the led to you even being able to PLAY an orc to begin with. If anything, the story of redemption and the courage to break the bonds of corruption is far more compelling than LotR.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Keep in mind that, based on this article, we don't really know what the story is about. Only the characters (and thus timeframe). The story can focus on something completely new and still be good, even if we know the outcome of the overarching story already.

My fantasy was that they would invent completely new and "unimportant" (in the context of lore on a large scale) characters in a random timeframe/setting of the Warcraft lore and create a new story with them. Just like every non-historical movie that is set in the real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the protagonists are going to be Medivh, Khadgar and Sir Lothar then the movie will be based on Warcraft 1, before the formation of the Alliance and the Horde.

Emblematic characters will appear, as Gul'dan, Garona and the King Llane of Stormwind, and personally I love to see the relationship of brotherhood between the High Elves, Humans and Dwarves, the seed of the future Alliance.

I think that is an interesting story, which if it has enough success will be preceded by new movies based on the Warcraft 2 and 3 games.

I'm eager to know more about the project, but I would prefer that known actors don't appear in the film, this would give more personality to the movie.

Deleted
    No, screw that. Why should half the playerbase be shoved aside because of alliance anxiety with the current games story? Thats poor taste.
    Then apply that same logic to the game. Every Alliance player, who criticizes the current game story, becaue it focuses on the Horde, is shoved aside with words like "this is a Horde story, deal with it". If the first movie really is about the first war, I hope they show it from both perspectives. The problem you seem to have though, is that they pick that particular story, because it shows the Horde in their dark times. That cannot be changed without changing the story. So yeah, give both Alliance and Horde fans a great movie and equal parts of the story, but if a Warcraft 1 movie cannot be made because it shows the Horde in a bad state, then I have to say: screw that.

And I'm also of the opinion that Lord of the Clans would make an equally fine movie, and I will not argue that it shouldn't be made, because it shows the Alliance in a bad state, because it's just a too fucking lovely story.

The Last Guardian was one of the best WoW novels, and the first war has a lot of room to work with so this is a pretty good choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Sorry you can't accept the history the led to you even being able to PLAY an orc to begin with. If anything, the story of redemption and the courage to break the bonds of corruption is far more compelling than LotR.
    I know the story better the most sunshine, I read the novels.

As long as they take the time to develop the horde characters, like orgrim and durotan and the like, it might work. But.. I doubt it somehow.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Clearly you never had an interest in WoWs story to begin with, if you dont think that Khadgar/Lothar/Medivh are important -_-
    Or, you know, maybe he just doesn't find them particularly interesting or compelling, like myself.

Definitely not an era of Warcraft I would've preferred to see a high production movie about. Lost a lot of interest here myself as well.

So the Orc is Garona and the king is Llane, im guessing.

WC1?! Fuck yeah!
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2013-07-31 at 04:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Then apply that same logic to the game. Every Alliance player, who criticizes the current game story, becaue it focuses on the Horde, is shoved aside with words like "this is a Horde story, deal with it".
    haha, no, thats what you alliance want to believe is being said, to the point nothing ever satisfies you.

The reason why you want the WC2 story, is because its a story of the alliance absolutely smashing the horde and standing over them in victory. Shallow, and boring.
    #boycottchina

Staging it from this angle.. whos going to know that the horde has more interesting appeal then just being a foil for humans?
    There's the twist. The Alliance is nothing but a foil for the Horde in the game, so the movie is going to be a single 2 hour experience for the Alliance.

But if this one is popular, of course they'll make another going onward.

Still think an unexplored timeframe would be best, though.

For the record, I'm doubtful this news is even accurate.

If they want to get Johnny Depp they better hurry. Apparently he wants to retire soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23488712

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    the story of redemption and the courage to break the bonds of corruption is far more compelling than LotR.
    because LotR isn't a story centered around breaking the bonds of corruption

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaveritas View Post
    If they want to get Johnny Depp they better hurry. Apparently he wants to retire soon.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23488712
    No, don't use Depp. Use some unknowns and a few good method actors. BUILD the franchise, don't rely on staples from other movies.
    Hi