Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome move by Blizz.

I know ANet named a GW2 server after a player who passed before the game was launched.

Game devs do care about thier players, even though it doesnt seem like it sometimes.

wow those tribute videos totally ruined my night. im so sad now :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    wow those tribute videos totally ruined my night. im so sad now :<
    Aww, sorry to hear. I posted them because the time Blizzard put into remembering people is awesome, as well as the person who recorded the videos actually researching them. Saw them before, but thought linking them here would fit so well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I bet if a guy who's charcter was named like Arthasxd or Brafbag died he wouldn't get a memorial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I bet if a guy who's charcter was named like Arthasxd or Brafbag died he wouldn't get a memorial.
    Most likely not, and if he was, it would be more pictures with a name closer to his own name. Though, most people I have seen with names like that, doesn't deserve one. Sorry to be harsh on a topic like that, but just tends to be normal to have the people you wish to avoid to be called something like that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dont stay at my grave and cry, i'm not there, i do not die.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Always decided to be so stubborn, so if I knew I were to die.. I would pack my apartment down into crates, and log on WoW and donate all my stuff to people and then go to my eternal slumber. Not leaving work behind for people is important, as well as not making a scene.

Though, some of these people who had a tribute.. that's horrible deaths/moments. World is a cruel place, and sadly we're out of soulstones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaah, that explains why that night elf appeared suddenly. I just figured it was a "more and more travellers are arriving to Pandaria, this is how Blizzard shows it, by adding more NPCs ingraining themselves into Pandaren society over time" kinda thing.

Knowing the real deal is good. This is very nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Ogh, I remember that poem. So weirdly out of place, given to you by a child NPC, but very touching.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fears View Post
    Some of those memories though, aren't fully researched, or not actual memorials of people. Like the Nova shrine.

I just saw recently where the company behind some Pirate MMO (forget the name) participated in the Make a Wish foundation program and let a young boy, with a terminal illness, tour their studio, play some games with the devs, and did a tribute in game to him.

Really a class act from companies that do things like this, I salute you!

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Awesome move by Blizz.

I know ANet named a GW2 server after a player who passed before the game was launched.

Game devs do care about thier players, even though it doesnt seem like it sometimes.
    Oh good, I'm glad to hear other games do the same thing. I honestly was no aware of any other games featuring this at all. I bet some research would show me otherwise though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Why was this one person significant enough to warrant this?

I don't want to be offensive or anything, I just don't see why. I'm pretty sure there's more dead people that played WoW than him.

I mean it's sad that someone dies that early and all, but I see it as little more than a PR stunt from Blizzard.
    EVERY PERSON is significant. I don't care why Blizzard did it. It doesn't really matter why Blizzard did it - although as cynical as I can be about Blizz at times, I do feel it came from a good place. In the end, what matters is that Ghemit finds a measure of comfort. And he has found comfort in this terrible time in his life - in the love and support shown by the WoW community (who held that beautiful tribute in his and Elloric's honor, and who continues to send messages of love and support his way), and by virtue of the Blizzard tribute done in honor of and respect for his beloved husband.

Nothing can make a loss like that "all better," but it does ease the heart to know people truly care and that one is not alone.

It helps Ghemit, and it makes the rest of us stop and take a moment to appreciate what (and who) we have in our lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has always been great that they do things like this, I personally have never seen any other game or company do it.

I don't want to be offensive or anything, I just don't see why. I'm pretty sure there's more dead people that played WoW than him.

I mean it's sad that someone dies that early and all, but I see it as little more than a PR stunt from Blizzard.
    pretty sure he/she still has active subscription to the game, and no one else has canceled it.

- - - Updated - - -

where is Blizzard tribute the the dead person in this video?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    pretty sure he/she still has active subscription to the game, and no one else has canceled it.

- - - Updated - - -

where is Blizzard tribute the the dead person in this video?
    -snipped clip for being about a douches-
    There might have been one, if it wasn't for that crap "Serenity" guild. You want to remember people, but you don't want to remember idiots.

Our in-game funeral for a dearest friend, Ellethra of The Light Watch.

Last edited by Lochton; 2013-08-01 at 05:27 PM.

Deleted
    I remember seeing that video a long time ago. I laughed my ass off, because if I was still playing WoW, and did die, and people decided to hold a cermony of my death, I would want something like that happen.

Imagine passing away with a blast, with forum explosions and forum whines between guilds.

Ah, lovely.

10+ Year Old Account

People were just good to tell these tributed people's stories. And some of the stories are heartbreaking. But, Blizzard only are able to notice people if they are mentioned. They don't sit and look in a paper for people who's passed away.

Most of the tributes are made because these people did something special as well. One was given the offer of getting a liver transplant and then be able to live, and he refused the offer and let someone else have it.

I think it's all about how to bring the memory and story about the person out.

I wouldn't say it's a PR stunt, as it's not even announced that they have gotten a tribute. A little email to the close ones and that's it.

Deleted
    I think Blizzard is awesome for doing stuff like this, either it be their own crew or other players.

As mentioned before, ArenaNet named one of their Guild Wars 2 servers after a player who suddenly passed away.

Sanctum of Rall
    This server is not just an ordinary server. It is named after a player by the name Roger "Oldroar" Rall who suddenly passed away in his den late one evening. His passion in his last remaining years was Guild Wars 2. From researching the game through gaming websites to encouraging the founder of the Gaiscioch to make contact with ArenaNet, Oldroar took a passion for this game toting it to be the spiritual successor to Dark Age of Camelot and Warhammer Online.
    http://www.sanctumofrall.com/about/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you are announced as passed away, then they close your account if family contacts them. You know, a normal family sadly have to go through bills and payments, cancelling all and pay what they might need. Or the account is just handed over due to the loss.