Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    pretty sure he/she still has active subscription to the game, and no one else has canceled it.
    Interesting point, I wonder how that type of action is handled posthumously.

This has been a very interesting thread to read. I knew the "why did X get a memorial when Y didn't?" type of question would naturally pop up, and there have been some excellent responses. While every person deserves to be memorialized, it's a sad fact of reality that it can't be so. This is why so many of the memorials in-game came about from Blizzard folk knowing these people personally: as family, co-workers, or through the Make-A-Wish Foundation, for example. Those without that Blizzard connection have been exceedingly special individuals whose friends and families rallied together on their behalf to get Blizzard's attention.

WoW memorials is a subject near and dear to my heart. I saw that my two tribute videos were linked a few pages back - thank you for doing that, Gehco. They are just my humble tribute to our brothers and sister in the game who have gone before us.... I don't mean to make people *too* sad when they watch them, though. (Sorry, Zatetic!) Making these videos is just my little part in helping to spread awareness about these amazing people.