Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ysera's Gift needs nerfing before 5.4 goes live

Played Resto Druid/BM Hunter on PTR at 2.3k+ mmr and we had one mirror game where I did something like 21m healing, 12% of that was Ysera's Gift which was my third top heal with Lifebloom & Rejuvenation on top. Yes I play Resto Druid but this ability is insanely strong and procs through CC as long as it's not Cyclone, I was sitting in crap rng traps and Ysera's Gift was proccing for about 23k on the hunter keeping him alive.

For anybody who doesn't know what Ysera's Gift is, here you go;
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=145108/yseras-gift

"Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead."

Proof of mmr before anybody calls bs and says I'm just crying;
    http://i.imgur.com/T4RKM2m.jpg

Any thoughts on this? Do you think it's balanced? Along with the shroom change making it so efflorescence can be active as long as the mushroom is up, it makes it feel like Blizzard are supporting some new type of afk healer system -.-

The way I see it is that Druids never normally need help healing through sustained damage. Infact, that's probably where they are strongest. The face value of this spell is that it's strong because it is a large, completely passive heal which ticks while you're in CC - but this is the same as nearly every other heal Resto Druids have. The place where I feel Druids are lacking in healing is trying to keep up through burst damage and/or swaps - which Ysera's Gift doesn't particularly help with at all. In a deep>cs or garrote>kidney, you'll be lucky if it procs twice. And what if you're 99% health and your partner is getting bursted while you're in a blanket? Your Ysera's Gift will tick on you and not your partner, even if you're only down on 1 health.

I haven't had time to test much, but I can't see myself dropping Cenarion Ward for this - probably even against comps like Shadowcleave and LSD etc. Maybe it's strong in 2s where burst is less of an issue and you're also more likely to be at 100% health.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-08-04 at 03:03 AM.

Exactly what Snuggli said. I really wish they left NS in as a talent so Feral can have it and balance their healing another way. That being said since Blizzard doesn't like to admit mistakes and backtrack, i suspect they'll tweak numbers to make it work. I want to like the talent, but I don't like not being in control.

I'll probably grab CW too. RIP NS

Deleted
    This gives druids a small 5-6k hps boost. It's really not a big deal since it's passive and always active. I think Cenarion's Ward won't give as much healing done in the course of a game, but it'll certainly still be better, especially versus burst teams, which is what I feel are the hardest to counter when I'm resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    This gives druids a small 5-6k hps boost. It's really not a big deal since it's passive and always active. I think Cenarion's Ward won't give as much healing done in the course of a game, but it'll certainly still be better, especially versus burst teams, which is what I feel are the hardest to counter when I'm resto.
    I personally have no problem with burst teams really :/ and with Affli locks being so strong in 5.4, Spriests being untouched, Boomkins being untouched and fire mage being superior (I think?) pretty much every game you play is gonna be dealing with spread pressure rather than just a LOLCDS400KGLOBAL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    I personally have no problem with burst teams really :/ and with Affli locks being so strong in 5.4, Spriests being untouched, Boomkins being untouched and fire mage being superior (I think?) pretty much every game you play is gonna be dealing with spread pressure rather than just a LOLCDS400KGLOBAL.
    That's irrelevant though. I simply pointed out that I think it's harder, not that it's super hard. Wouldn't you agree that spread pressure is easier to handle as a resto druid than tunneling a single team member? Well, compared to the other healing classes, of course.

tbh this really isnt op, some of the other rdruid changes are but not this. It gives boomkins and ferals a nice bit of extra survivability 2.
    in 2s its prolly strong for rdruids, but its most definitely not so much in 3s and ill be taking cenarion ward
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    tbh this really isnt op, some of the other rdruid changes are but not this. It gives boomkins and ferals a nice bit of extra survivability 2.
    in 2s its prolly strong for rdruids, but its most definitely not so much in 3s and ill be taking cenarion ward
    I've looked into it a bit more, it's a really nice talent but I think I may come aboard the Cenarion Ward boat.

Affliction: Not sure why people are thinking its going to be so strong. Minor dot damage increase, haunt damage increase but loss of 45% all dmg increase debuff only dots now, loss of fel flame to extend dots, loss of 10% DR, weaker gateway, lower MG damage, loss of KJC, gain howl of terror. I see affliction being ok, but not sure how they are going to function getting trained with no fel flame to extend dots and the lowest passive survivability in the game.

Spriests are getting a large survivability nerf but a free glyph slot.

Boomkins are getting a big survivability nerf.

Mages are kinda up in the air still I think. Frost's mastery is being changed every week but fire may be pretty good.

With the burst people are saying happens on the ptr I don't see spread pressure being more popular than OMG burst. Considering rets burst is untouched, hunters are getting MORE burst (albeit a shorter window), warriors are getting some aoe burst, ele's burst is untouched.

I don't have a druid but the change that worries me more is the wild mushroom change? You can move them and they retain all the stupid amounts of healing for the bloom? That seems kinda ridiculous, at least the old one forces you to have some sort of positioning or am I missing the point here.

I dunno, I just don't see ysera's gift being all that amazing. 5% heal with battle fatigue has got to be what, ~12k? Less with an MS. Plus it focuses on self before others so it may not help you when you need it to save teammates. I guess its alright, but CW seems better.

This thing is kinda OP if you ask me. 5% HP every 5 sec ALWAYS is too much for druids, they have already big self-heals, and this should be nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand this is a pvp thread, and i agree it is op, a passive heal that you cant interupt sucks. but if you look at pve for bear tanks who have 1.2 mil hp buffed with only normal raid gear, thats already a passive 12k hps.

12% of your healing, how much of it is overheal though? Did you account that? Passives are nice and all but its the lazy way of healing since dots ticking on you will get healed through passive but when your ally needs more healing, you cannot control who ysera's gift should actually heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    hunters are getting MORE burst (albeit a shorter window)
    wait what, they got rid of readiness...and made arcane shot and aMoC hit harder with arcane shot costing more focus. for BM this is definitely a nerf to burst and the other 2 specs dont have the same sort of burst anyway...either way the focus cost of aMoC and arcane shot is gonna spread out what burst we have at the moment. stampede already got nerfed and theyre taking away one of our unique abilities in readiness for the sake of pvp balance yet someones still complaining. And then people like me who don't normally pvp suffer in pve because of the changes with hunters being the lowest pure dps class.

15+ Year Old Account
    How much healing should a talent heal for? 5%? 7%? 10%?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by lightplay View Post
    wait what, they got rid of readiness...and made arcane shot and aMoC hit harder with arcane shot costing more focus. for BM this is definitely a nerf to burst and the other 2 specs dont have the same sort of burst anyway...either way the focus cost of aMoC and arcane shot is gonna spread out what burst we have at the moment. stampede already got nerfed and theyre taking away one of our unique abilities in readiness for the sake of pvp balance yet someones still complaining. And then people like me who don't normally pvp suffer in pve because of the changes with hunters being the lowest pure dps class.
    aMoC isn't taken in arena pvp, nor will it ever. 50% bonus to arcane shot is the burst buff since the basically spam it during BW. I said its a shorter window because now they can't chain back to back BW's but the damage during BW will be higher. The focus cost increase does literally nothing to lower BM burst during BW, especially with TotH it will be 100% free during BW.

So what I am seeing is a hunter did 1.3 million more damage than a mage in 2s and a druid (the OP class according to this thread) did 200k more healing than a monk.

And the thread is about druids needing nerfs...? Last I checked monks weren't very good PvP healers and yet they are keeping up with the druid, and the hunter who is receiving the readiness nerf is still completely dominating a mage (the class that has been considered the god of PvP for years) in damage.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    How much healing should a talent heal for? 5%? 7%? 10%?
    Something that heals for a % of your HP every 5 seconds shouldn't be a talent in my opinion. Renewal is an ability that you have to use and has a cooldown, Cenarion Ward is the same but this is just a passive that sits in the background and heals. Oh well, at least it'll help against the disgusting melee cleaves we're going to be facing in 5.4 and with Cenarion Ward being on the GCD, I'd rather have the passive just ticking away keeping me up every 5 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    So what I am seeing is a hunter did 1.3 million more damage than a mage in 2s and a druid (the OP class according to this thread) did 200k more healing than a monk.

And the thread is about druids needing nerfs...? Last I checked monks weren't very good PvP healers and yet they are keeping up with the druid, and the hunter who is receiving the readiness nerf is still completely dominating a mage (the class that has been considered the god of PvP for years) in damage.
    Hunter hard counters mage, if a mage beats a hunter there's something wrong. Hunters had a nerf to readiness because it was insanely good and needed changing but they received compensation buffs on Cobra Shot and Arcane Shot which gives them more sustain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Something that heals for a % of your HP every 5 seconds shouldn't be a talent in my opinion. Renewal is an ability that you have to use and has a cooldown, Cenarion Ward is the same but this is just a passive that sits in the background and heals. Oh well, at least it'll help against the disgusting melee cleaves we're going to be facing in 5.4 and with Cenarion Ward being on the GCD, I'd rather have the passive just ticking away keeping me up every 5 seconds.
    I do not like it either, I have been against second wind since blizzard made it a talent, but if you can;t beat um join um.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I do not like it either, I have been against second wind since blizzard made it a talent, but if you can;t beat um join um.
    Mhmm, I'm quite annoyed at Druids getting changes really, I thought they were in a really nice place. Worked with a lot of comps, 2nd most viable r1 healer after discs, healing is strong, CDs are strongish, CC is insanely strong but they still had to change it. I understand that making Nature's Swiftness baseline isn't really intended for a big change to a resto druid but now on top we get some stupid passive heal that heals for you and I know for a fact a lot of people will be taking that over Cenarion Ward since the passive heals through silence, CC in general (minus cyclone), heals through pillars I believe? and doesn't take up a GCD.

cut the healing to allies in half maybe? thats a bit absurd.