Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    plz link your source of info cause I never heard on a new mount coming from darkmoon isle world boss.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=101675

Drops from the new DMF world boss, Moonfang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I agree. It's really strange for the final boss of the expansion to drop a ground mount in this day and age. Other than BGs and during the leveling process, when do you even use ground mounts anymore?
    Only use ground mount on areas that u cant use flying such. They should have put the ground mount as rare from the mechanical scorpion which would have make more sense and a flying mount from garrosh. Also for ppl in horde, the achivement mount should be different than a wolf, ally can be the wolf but horde should be a horse or something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulestu View Post
    Garrosh dropping that juggernaut is absurdly disappointing. Not a flying mount, re-color of the horde guild mount and really just generally an ugly mount.

Super unhappy with that.

How is that a re-colour? It's a re-model.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I agree. It's really strange for the final boss of the expansion to drop a ground mount in this day and age. Other than BGs and during the leveling process, when do you even use ground mounts anymore?
    Blizz seems to be implementing a number of places where you use a ground mount- 5.1, the small underground mogu ruins, 5.2, the 2 isles, and the upcoming Timeless Isle are all ground-mount only. (And during Cata, there was Tol Barad and the Firelands. Wrath had Wintergrasp for a large period of time, but that was nerfed). Finally, inside raid instances that allow for mounts (All of Terrace, about 40% of Throne, and its looking like at least the first 50% of siege)

So Blizzard does seem to like keeping ground-only mounts a bit relevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Some people just dont know the difference between a re-skin and a re-model, and even an entirely different skeleton. Those people, imho, are failures in the cognitive system.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Will still look bad when you see it running from behind :-/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Will still look bad when you see it running from behind :-/
    Or itll look completely awesome when viewing it from behind. Have you even seen it in motion?

If T16 is going to be as hard, and out as long as T14 and T15 though, NOBODY on my server is going to have this mount before 6.0 drops. /sadface.

It's not a re-model, it's the same basic model as before with a new color and some armor. That's called a re-color.

A re-model would be the difference between a proto-drake and frostwyrm. Entirely different movement/standing animations and built from a different framework.

Also, why is it so ugly anyway? And it's a ground mount.

Deleted
    Garrosh dropping that juggernaut is absurdly disappointing. Not a flying mount, re-color of the horde guild mount and really just generally an ugly mount.

Super unhappy with that.

Someone needs to look up the definition of ''recolour''.

Deleted
    garrosh normal kill gives mount, i do not aprove of this....

It's not exact recolor but it's hord guild mount deluxe. I would rather see something more original.

It's not a re-model, it's the same basic model as before with a new color and some armor. That's called a re-color.

A re-model would be the difference between a proto-drake and frostwyrm. Entirely different movement/standing animations and built from a different framework.

Also, why is it so ugly anyway? And it's a ground mount.

No, a recolor is literally just a different color scheme but the same textures and model.

A retexture would just be a different texture as it implies.

The Juggernaut is a remodel. Aside from a new skeleton(why make two skeletons for a scorpion anyway? They both are supposed to move the exact same way), a remodel is the most extensive make-over.

It's entirely unfitting for an end-expansion heroic boss drop. I don't even understand how anyone could not realize that. Just to start, it's ground-only.

It's entirely unfitting for an end-expansion heroic boss drop. I don't even understand how anyone could not realize that. Just to start, it's ground-only.
    And what else? It's a reskin? Just like the last end boss drop? So your start and end is that it's a ground mount?

It's a reskin and just a ground mount. That's incredibly lazy for an end-expansion mount.

Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

It's a reskin and just a ground mount. That's incredibly lazy for an end-expansion mount.
    There have been 3 end game mounts. 2 Flying, 2 Remodels, 1 Ground. How is it lazy?
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2013-08-05 at 05:35 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've thought the Storm Crow or Fey Dragon could be rewards from the Battle.net Launcher Beta Test.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmzuay View Post
    I've thought the Storm Crow or Fey Dragon could be rewards from the Battle.net Launcher Beta Test.
    If one of them is the reward, I'd bet on it being the Storm Crow because its coloration matches the Battle.net theme quite well. I would also bet (and have been assuming) that the Fey Dragon is a Store mount or the next Annual Pass perk.

I really don't get the brouhaha over the Heroic Garrosh mount being a ground mount. It's a re-done model, not a recolor. It's going to have the exact same prestige as any other heroic-exclusive mount. You can still sit on it in town and show it off, you can use it in any of the locations where flying mounts are restricted, you can use it while leveling next expansion before you get the new flying, and all your alts can show it off while leveling for 45+ levels.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    If one of them is the reward, I'd bet on it being the Storm Crow because its coloration matches the Battle.net theme quite well.
    Yeah, I hope so. I like it a lot so it's nice to know I already have it if it does turn out to be the case.

Wanna know what I think? I think Blizzard realized that they forgot to give Garrosh some kind of unique mount in the storyline. He rides that wind-rider, but doesn't give it a name (and they gave it to you from dailies anyways). He never really got a mount. Blizzard realized that they fucked up and said "screw it, give em the giant scorpion". It's a mount that's just a boss from the same tier. The mount doesn't drop from that boss. That's beyond moronic.

To have an end of expansion heroic-only mount that isn't a flying mount is just a slap in the face to anyone that gets it. "Enjoy using it literally never because flying took over this game!"