Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    priest/druid > monk >>>>> shaman >>>>>> paladin

disc will always be the best healer no matter what the situation is. however, most people have zero clue how to play the spec correctly and once it gets some nerfs most priests will switch to druid. the amount of things that a disc can do for his team is unreal. Spirit Shell, SW, Shadowfiend helping hand burst, 2x dispels (one being able to dispel block / bubble), a strong amount of cc (fear LOL). SW being the most important

if you're just starting healing, it's disc >>>> rdruid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rsham >>>> mwmonk > hpal

Just curious as to why Resto Druid is so high; Symbiosis?

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    So much (instant) CC, good heals, symbiosis utility and the synergy with many good dps specs to create amazing comps, e.g. LSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    It's honestly because it's the best non-Priest healer.

If you're playing with a Lock, you don't want a Priest healer because fear will most likely always be DR'd. If you're playing with a Spriest, then double stacking Priests is bad because of weakened soul debuff.

Nearly every comp apart from Lock/x/Healer and Spriest/x/Healer do better with a Priest - it's just Druid is the best out of the rest so they fill that gap, in previous seasons it's been Shaman that is the better out of the two so they were more often picked.

Look at this site and see the highest rated Rdruid comps at the moment: http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html. Ignoring a very tiny amount of teams, every single comp has a Spriest or Lock (and those without a Spriest or Lock would do better with a Priest healer).
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-08-03 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    It's honestly because it's the best non-Priest healer.

If you're playing with a Lock, you don't want a Priest healer because fear will most likely always be DR'd. If you're playing with a Spriest, then double stacking Priests is bad because of weakened soul debuff.

Nearly every comp apart from Lock/x/Healer and Spriest/x/Healer do better with a Priest - it's just Druid is the best out of the rest so they fill that gap, in previous seasons it's been Shaman that is the better out of the two so they were more often picked.

Look at this site and see the highest rated Rdruid comps at the moment: http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...0-0-0-0-0.html. Ignoring a very tiny amount of teams, every single comp has a Spriest or Lock (and those without a Spriest or Lock would do better with a Priest healer).
    It's also because Cyclone is basically in its own class for CC, meaning you can add another 10 seconds of CC into a chain if you can afford the positioning. Fear, fear, fear, cyclone, cyclone, cyclone = dead something.

Let's skip the BS, 800k Shrooms and tree of immortality is why they're good. The game is burst based for the most part and the massive CD's that druids have counters that hence making them really good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    why do so many people think holy priests are bad right now? o.O

i think snuggli had it right for the most part..

With prayer of mending being able to proc the free and instant flash holy may be on par with disc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    is Disc really all that? When I watch Cdew or Sodah(not the lame alliance one) playing their Priests they are Holy.
    I think it's about the same. Disc=Hpriest > Rdruid > Rsham >= MW Monk = Hpaladin

Holy priest is really good because of chastise and instant heals. Disc priest is in general somewhat better for offensive play I reckon.

Deleted
    Its great to see so many people being right about something for once.

Usually threads like these turn out extremely scattered with the answers but
    this thread right here proves how insanely over the top priests are right now
    and how even more overpowered they will be in 5.4.

The balancing of pvp and mostly how they have worked with priests the last season
    is one of the main reasons i havent resubbed. That and seeing how incredibly
    bad the changes are for the obviously overpowered abilities on live.

Its like they dont even care anymore?

Seems like Holy is stronger than disc. Alle the top players roll holy.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    Seems like Holy is stronger than disc. Alle the top players roll holy.
    Better healing output, huge cheap heals, chastise is amazing for getting fears off and guardian when it works is awesome. Holy is better in a lot of situations but Disc has Spirit Shell + Bigger Shields + Aura Mastery, which is good for rush-down comps. They are both strong, I wouldn't say one is better than the other because they are good in different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Better healing output, huge cheap heals, chastise is amazing for getting fears off and guardian when it works is awesome. Holy is better in a lot of situations but Disc has Spirit Shell + Bigger Shields + Aura Mastery, which is good for rush-down comps. They are both strong, I wouldn't say one is better than the other because they are good in different situations.
    Seems logic yes. Still I think there is a reason sodah/fuzionn etc. roll holy :P and i think they know their stuff pretty good.

Edit: havent played priest since wotlk

Restoration Druid > Holy Priest > Mistweaver Monk > Discipline Priest > Restoration Shaman > Holy Paladin.

This coming from a Mistweaver Monk / Discipline Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    Restoration Druid > Holy Priest > Mistweaver Monk > Discipline Priest > Restoration Shaman > Holy Paladin.

This coming from a Mistweaver Monk / Discipline Priest.
    Mistweaver Monk better than Disc? This discussion is about arena. You know that do you?

Deleted
    Disc = Holy > Resto > Shaman = Monk > Paladin

Anyone that doesn't think disc/holy isn't the best healer atm is probably a disc/holy priest...

Disc/holy representation as healers above 2.2k in 3s is something ridiculous atm, like 52% I think.

Resto Druids outside comps with mages where they can symbiosis Ice Block tend to not even be that good.
    Last edited by mmoc44ab44658a; 2013-08-06 at 01:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    Disc Priest >>>>>>>> Druid >>>>>Shaman>Monk>>>>>Paladin
    i'd probably put monk slightly ahead of shaman in my experience, but this looks pretty accurate :P
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holyshilidin View Post
    Gah I come back to the game and pallies apparently not doing so well outside of certain comps. Guess I should dust off my priest
    Dust of your priest and find a hunter/dk/mage/feral or something like that and go grab those glad-titles or you
    can just wait for 5.4 because priests will be even better by then

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Mistweaver Monk better than Disc? This discussion is about arena. You know that do you?
    Just my logic. Caster cleaves are really popular, most with a warlock. Priest Warlock isn't as good as other healers.